Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Decumo9 posted a comment on Monday 28th May 2007 6:25am for A House Divided

very, very good so far. I like the originality. Update soon, i look forward to more chapters.

Puidwen posted a comment on Monday 28th May 2007 4:42am for A House Divided

i love the story.and the concept,harry meets adams family. i hope you update it soon

Karasu-sama posted a comment on Thursday 24th May 2007 5:28pm for A House Divided

Oh. My. God....I-I need more words! I've been speaking English all my 22 years, but my grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe just how much I love this fic or how badly I'm craving another chapter. I'll admit I had my doubts about an Addams Family cross, but this ended up being in my top 3 potter fics of all time. If I have any complaint at all, it would only be that I think the character dynamics might work better w/ an older Harry. But that's nothing....Please, please keep writing!

Vongsawat posted a comment on Thursday 17th May 2007 4:57am for A House Divided

LOVED this fic ^^ do hope the next chapter comes quickly.
and a mad Wednesday is scary, it should happen more often =P

nuclear death frog posted a comment on Tuesday 15th May 2007 11:55am for A House Divided

I stumbled upon this story a few weeks ago, on a link from somewhere...I forget. What I found was a very interesting story that I read and enjoyed immensely. I only know the Addams family from the first two films but this Gomez, Morticia, Grandmama, Lurch, and Thing definitely remind me of them. Having Morticia be a distant relative of Petunia (and Lily) Evans is really, really cool.

Things I especially liked:
-Remus Lupin as a private tutor
-Dumbledore getting his due comeuppance
-Harry's appreciation/sense of "family"
-Harry, Wednesday, and Pugsley's caution on the train
-The scene with the Trust. Gomez kicks ass and takes names. Appealing to Fudge in the way he did was utterly BRILLIANT.

It's going to be really funny in a few years, if Dumbledore is teaching Harry about Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes, and Harry just happens to mention that he's got Marvolo's ring in his vault, along with that knife. The knife had a ruby in the handle, like Godric Gryffindor's sword; might it have been an artifact of Gryffindor that Dumbledore never knew about?

Harry's protection of Wednesday and sword duel with Draco Malfoy is also made of awesome. Malfoy made a huge mistake when he approached Wednesday the way he did; apart from the betrothal contract he may have nearly killed himself by interfering with, I have the distinct suspicion that Wednesday is a much more capable witch than she is letting on. It would certainly fit with her speech to Hermione on the train. Malfoy may only learn how great a witch Wednesday is someday if he is alone, on the wrong end of her wand. With Harry and Pugsley watching.

Most stories where Harry is in Slytherin are crap. This one is certainly NOT. I am definitely looking forward to much more of this story.

Can't think of anything significant to complain about. I give this one full marks.

Ishtar replied:

I stumbled upon this story a few weeks ago, on a link from somewhere...I forget. What I found was a very interesting story that I read and enjoyed immensely. I only know the Addams family from the first two films but this Gomez, Morticia, Grandmama, Lurch, and Thing definitely remind me of them. Having Morticia be a distant relative of Petunia (and Lily) Evans is really, really cool

Thanks.   I'm working on a combination of the original cartoons, the 1960's TV show, and the movies, and I like to think I'm managing pretty well.   My Addamses aren't quite as dark as the movies, but darker than the show.   Since so little information has been provided about Lily's background, having her mother be an American Addams who fell in love with a British Squib back in the 50's seemed perfectly possible to me.


It's going to be really funny in a few years, if Dumbledore is teaching Harry about Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes, and Harry just happens to mention that he's got Marvolo's ring in his vault, along with that knife. The knife had a ruby in the handle, like Godric Gryffindor's sword; might it have been an artifact of Gryffindor that Dumbledore never knew about?

Yes, indeedy, it might.   Tommy boy found all sorts of interesting artifacts when he was working at Borgin & Burkes.   I'm considering having Harry discover all the artifacts ahead of time, and then when Dumbledore starts with lessons, it's:   "First we must find Slytherin's locket."   "Oh, you mean this?"   "Um, yes.   Then we must find Hufflepuff's cup."   "You mean this?"   "Where did you ... never mind. I went looking for the Gaunt ring, but it was gone, so we must find..." "You mean this?"   ,,, and so on.

Most stories where Harry is in Slytherin are crap.

Most Slytherin!Harry stories either have him as a Gryffindor in Slytherin clothing, or the Draco-Malfoy style of Slytherin.   Here, I'm trying to cast him as a true Slytherin, and it's the house that's drifted away from Slytherin's original concept.

I hope you will continue to enjoy the story.

Qellaswe posted a comment on Monday 14th May 2007 2:16am for A House Divided

This is a wonderful story, with a nice blend between HP and AF. It's also nice to see that you've not pushed Harry and Wednesday together, especially since they are only eleven.

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Sunday 13th May 2007 3:04pm for A House Divided

Now that was one hell of an entertaining chapter. That 'duel' between Harry and Draco was hilarious. I can just picture Harry tearing Draco's robes to shreds and then marking him with and 'H' like Zorro! I cracked up! And how Gomez absolutely got Lucius like that all the while buttering up Fudge? Genius. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. Cheers.

~Ivy

Infin1x posted a comment on Sunday 13th May 2007 6:57am for A House Divided

I am really glad I found this fic, I was a little worried that the Addam's Family cross would make the whole thing one big joke but it is perfectly balanced between bits of comedy and plot.

Jarvey posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 5:08pm for A House Divided

Oh, I must see more of this story, please update soon!

R. Daniels posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 10:52am for A House Divided

I enjoy this story more with every chapter you add.

csktech posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 10:21am for A House Divided

Please please please, Update soon.

csktech posted a comment on Monday 7th May 2007 2:51am for A House Divided

Ishtar, I have forgotten if I have reviewed this story or not, but if I havent, then shame on me and I should have a year long dentention with Filch. I love the way you have combined the two verses and I hope and pray you will continue. And soon.. Snicker.

Kyle

Joel posted a comment on Sunday 6th May 2007 9:53pm for A House Divided

Wow! This is a really fun story. I've just finished what's been posted so far and I'm just blown away by how much fun this is to read and how well-written it is.

Jiapa posted a comment on Sunday 6th May 2007 10:44am for A House Divided

I've reviewed before (I think even this chapter), but I was just re-reading this chapter and wanted to tell you again how much I'm enjoying this story. Gomez's interaction with the bank, Malfoy and Fudge was fantastic. All those details about training, and the sudden dearth of experienced trust managers and the fire trap that Knockturn alley had become were both fantastically believable and something that I hadn't read in any other piece of HP fanfic.

The interactions between Harry, Wednesday and Malfoy were delightful as well.

I don't want to be a nag, but I did want to encourage you to continue this story -- I'm loving it, and eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Thank you for writing and sharing!

H posted a comment on Friday 4th May 2007 7:18pm for A House Divided

OMG! I love it. Please update soon.

H

lynntownsend posted a comment on Thursday 3rd May 2007 3:18am for A House Divided

PLEASE say this is eventually going to be
updated...I normally only read slash, but
this fic is addicting!

mat123 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st May 2007 9:13pm for A House Divided

verry good keep it up

Amethyst posted a comment on Tuesday 1st May 2007 2:22pm for A House Divided

Great story. just found the name froma harry poter web site. i hope there will be more chapters soon.

deepred posted a comment on Tuesday 1st May 2007 2:20pm for A House Divided

I just wanted to let you know how delightful I found your fic to be. I was scrolling thru painless_j lists when I found your fic and figured why not and I have to admit I'm stunned. I wrongly assumed it would be a bit of a lark, something quirky to pass the time with I certainly never expected an Adams Family/Harry Potter crossover to be not only be believable but extremely well-written and thought out. You've done such a amazing job of bringing all the characters to life, so much so that I don't believe that someone even needs to have a passing familiarity with either show/book to enjoy this. And I especially love Gomez outwitting Malfoy (with such flair too)and doing so in a way that I've never read before. The finacial section in the paper, the death trap of Diagon Alley, and don't even get me started on how he twisted Fudge around his little finger with his pamphlet and talk about how he'd be remembered for restoring the Alley...brillant! Hell, I didn't even like him in the movie and you made him my favorite, how good are you. Well, I can't wait to read more of this and spread the word of what a wonderful fic this is.

Thanks!
Deepred

Terry Swain posted a comment on Saturday 28th April 2007 2:08am for A House Divided

Gerat chapter.