Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 1:11pm for A House Divided

Excellent job. I love the duel, absolutely love it. I can just picture Harry fighting with Gomez's flair and panache. Harry has clearly established his dominance in the house without being a dark tyrant. I look forward to more challenges.

This leads me to a thought. In most, if not all, stories, Draco seems dominant over not only his own year, but upper years as well. It would be great to see an upper, such as a sixth, step in to put Harry in his place and for the confrontation to take a more Slytherin approach. Slytherin's are cunning, not directly confrontational, in theory, so the upper will try to cajole, manipulate and connive the situation to what he wants or needs. Harry would recognize the attempt and they would come together in negotiation. A detante would be reached, one that would not please either Malfoy in the least. If you make it a seventh year, it could end with Harry recognizing traits and hiring the senior to one of his investments.

Just a thought. Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 1:02pm for A House Divided

ZOMG, it's an update?!

Well, I'm still waiting for a Fidelius update, but FV rocks too! I'm only sad to see the Malfoy was only humiliated, not speared like a kebab.

Maybe someone else can correct me, but by definition, "live steel" means a sharpened, combat ready sword. Even if someone took their $400 fancy ass Ren-Faire sword and sharpened it, it would at least $1200 too cheap in materials and workmanship to be live steel.

Oh! Also, true Toledo steel would be about the same age as the Gryffindor sword (ten times one hudred years old), and far too heavy for children to handle unless they're using court swords. CS's were never battle weapons, they were thinner, shorter court swords, able to at best parry another court sword and stab through thin clothes - being thin, they're also wobbly and would too flimsy for Zorro-ing someone's pants.

Sweet baby Maeve, I spend way too much time on wikipedia and reviewing fic at two in the morning.

thewisesirivanthes posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 12:38pm for A House Divided

I am pleased to see that you are both still alive and interested in continuing this wonderful story.

Jeremy posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 12:31pm for A House Divided

Thank you for the update, another great chapter, but I do think you've been watching to much Zorro

Jamie46 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 12:27pm for A House Divided

YAY for updates!!! Yay for updates that keep me up way past my "I'm sleep deprived and should go to bed early" time! ;) hahaha.

And wow. What an AWESOME chapter. The "duel" was simply remarkable and awesome and wow and...guh, ok, I really AM tired, b/c I can't think of any more words.

Let's just leave it at: this chapter rocked and I'm so happy that you wrote it. :)

MMax posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 12:27pm for A House Divided

Great chapter, I loved how Harry knocked that arrogant little brat a peg or two

uberwald posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 12:22pm for A House Divided

love it, particularly the exchange between Harry and Wednesday about the swords

Alex00 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 12:21pm for A House Divided

Awsome chapter hope that the next update is quicker. like how harry dealt with draco.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 12:15pm for A House Divided

*Laughs* Oh, the Malfoys are going to find that competent adversaries are -really- dangerous. I loved how Gomez played Fudge (I can just see John Austin doing that scene justice) and Harry's actions, as a well-bred gentleman and wizard are truly enjoyable to watch.

I can see why some of the dialog in this chapter would indeed give you fits; it's well worth the wait, though.

Hilary McKenna posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 12:07pm for A House Divided

Brilliant chapter. I have this picture in my head of Harry, sword in hand, and Gomez' maniacal smile on his face chasing Draco around the common room jumping over furniture and carving Draco's perfect robes into sad little ribbons. Its a great visual.

Ishtar replied:

That's exactly what I was going for.   All he was missing was the cigar.   I knew I couldn't describe it properly, so I just described the end of the fight and the mess in the Common Room and let the readers fill it in for themselves.   :-)

Dave McCombs posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 11:52am for A House Divided

Well, as always, it was certainly worth the wait, though I do have to say Gomez's suit for the Trust meeting gave me a bad case of the eww!s. :)

Ishtar replied:

Good.   It was supposed to.   In the few color AF cartoons I've seen, Gomez wears some really outre combinations, and they did the same when costuming Raul Julia in the film.  

Euphemism posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 11:47am for A House Divided

Hm, I remember now why I like your stories so much. This was absolutely wonderful, though I wonder if perhaps the Addams faction is winning a little bit too much. Several victories in this chapter, and no losses so far. Then again, when they're the underdogs, there's no real direction to go except up.
Liked the Gringotts meeting, liked the duel, liked the eventual results of everything that's happened. Wow.

Harry2 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 11:30am for A House Divided

I think that this chapter is essentially what Malfoy is all about, all talk. He could never back it up unless Snape helps him. Everything that is mentioned in the books is accurate here and it makes a lot of sense. Harry, even though he was raised an Addams is still Harry at the core. Keep up the good work.

Beau Wolff posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 11:12am for A House Divided

Beautifully worth the wait.