Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Anniejay posted a comment on Thursday 12th June 2008 8:43am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

I love your story I watch out for it regularly thank you

goddessa39 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 4:34pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Glad to see ur back. Loved the humor. And the dumbles bashing and troubles. Yepo, I think they can pull it off. And what about the witch doctor... Omobo... or something like that?? He can probably to it.

... how about a mate for the whomping willow... or maybe some giant bug that wants to pollinate it.

Erik GL posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 12:52pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Woohoo! I am happy to see you back! I laughed, no strike that. I cackled madly at several points during this chapter. I especially enjoyed the house elf war.

jessellen posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 10:28am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Oh golly, I'm in fan girl heaven! I'm so glad you updated, I was almsot giving up hope and then lo and behold! This is great chapter, I love how the Addamses are slwoly infiltrating Hogwarts, and poor deluded old Dumbles can no longer pull the strings.
Glad the muse is back, keep up the excellent chapters!

Cat Feral posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 7:41am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Okay, I will probably review this chapter several times, as I continue to read, and re-read. Here's #1.

I had to go look up what a clementine is. The things we can learn from fanfiction!

"Headmaster, if you’ve finished interrogating the pomegranate, may I put it out of its misery?" Morticia Addams’ cool, rich voice interrupted his ruminations.


Hee-hee! Morticia has such a way with words!

He paused to shoot a quick glance down at the Slytherin table while there was a round of applause and Lupin waved briefly at the students. The Potter boy was rapidly becoming influential among the students, and was important to Dumbledore in his own right, so it had become second-nature for the old wizard to check the boy’s reactions. He didn’t seem to be even paying attention to the announcements, in comparison to his cousins’ enthusiastic approval. This was odd.


Indeed!

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that the adult Addamses didn't let their kids in on their plans to teach at Hogwarts. I must go back and re-read the last few chapters to see if there's any indication of why that I've overlooked...

Someone was mounting legal challenges to the seals on Death Eater trials from just after the end of the war with Voldemort, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to keep the records secure. There were any number of reasons why someone might want access to those files, and he couldn’t think of any good that would come from releasing them. He wasn’t sure yet who was behind it — the solicitors refused to say who their principal was, and there were precedents to protect the anonymous plaintiff.


Okay, unless you're giving us a huge red-herring here,
Gomez is obviously trying to find out about - and possibly even communicate with - Sirius Black. I do wonder what complications this will lead to, when Gomez gets Sirius out of prison and then Sirius expects Harry to come and live with him!

The heads of the house-elf clans were duly summoned and interrogated. It turned out that there had been a raging war going on between the Kitchen Elves and the Housekeeping Elves for a week, precipitated by the intrusion of the Kitchen Elves into the common rooms to provide fruit for the students. The Housekeeping Elves had retaliated with fancy linens at table, which led to even more elaborate snack plates, which led to origami napkins, and so forth. The Housekeeping Elves were planning to escalate to centerpieces next.


No! NO! Not... Centerpieces! Anything but that! (There's got to be a good punch-line in here somewhere, about "The Martha Stewart Book of Warfare" or something.

(gotta go. more review later.)

Cheryl posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 5:04am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

I'm so glad to see that you are updating this story again! It is by far one of my favorite HP crossover fics.

liquidfyre posted a comment on Tuesday 10th June 2008 4:22pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

By the way i was re-reading some of your shorts and was curious if you plan to tell the story of Iyanos any time soon?

Ishtar replied:

Nope.   I figure each reader can come up with their own little slice of insanity for that one.

Cat Feral posted a comment on Tuesday 10th June 2008 10:05am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Yes! YES! Another chapter!!! I haven't even read it yet, but I've just got to say how excited I am to see it! YAAAAYYYY!!!!!

Now, off to read!

Silo posted a comment on Tuesday 10th June 2008 9:36am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

cant wate to see what happens next so ge tot work and update i think i am in love with this stoire

Eric Oppen posted a comment on Tuesday 10th June 2008 1:35am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

I don't blame Harry for being depressed. For that matter, in Pugsley's and Wednesday's shoes, I'd be a little bit worried---I preferred it greatly if home could stay at home and school stayed at school. I always felt rather sorry for my friends whose parents were teachers.

That said, I liked Gomez' ideas of how to deal with teenage depression---go for it!

Stonewar posted a comment on Tuesday 10th June 2008 1:11am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

OMG you updated....I love this story so much. You have the Addams Characterization perfect. A nice blend of the TV and Movie versions.

Mark Safransky posted a comment on Tuesday 10th June 2008 12:16am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Fantastic! After the long wait this was extremely appreciated. Loved Albus' terrible week. Can't wait to see what happens next.

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Monday 9th June 2008 10:15pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Wow! Great to see you back and with a fabulous new chapter of this awesome tale of insanity! Great job on Gomez's suggestions for depression, and the bits of dumble's bad week had me cackling away like a mad man! Cheers!

simons_flower posted a comment on Monday 9th June 2008 2:12pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Yay, it's back! ROFL Harry drunk and depressed. He must have been bad for Wednesday to worry about him.

But, yay, it's back!

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Monday 9th June 2008 12:24pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Glad to see you back on the job! Great story, Dumbles is going to lose his mind long before the Adams are through with him!

oldmetalhead posted a comment on Monday 9th June 2008 11:49am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

LOL! Those final lines were the best. It kinda reminds me of the one set of lines in Princess Bride.

Keep up the good work!

Jack-A-Roe posted a comment on Monday 9th June 2008 7:38am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

I'm glad your muse came back, I was missing this story. I think I might even re-read it from the start.

Well it was certainly a week of trials for the headmaster. Although I would think he would be willing to go with the flow a little bit better.

The Gomez and Remus tag team on Harry was a good way to get the point across to Harry and the readers.




cheryse posted a comment on Monday 9th June 2008 3:33am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

YAY! I was so excited to see this update! This is by far the most original plot I've read.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 9th June 2008 3:29am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Gomez' instructions on how to be depressed were hilarious. That whole section was well done.

The elf "fights" were good too. I wasn't sure what was going on with that until it was explained, but it was funny.

So glad your muse is back. It wasn't hanging out with mine, was it?

Tom A.

Ishtar replied:

Depends.   What does your muse think of warm sandy places and fruity drinks with little umbrellas?   (I can't drink at all, so I guess my Muse is making up for me ...)

uthamm posted a comment on Monday 9th June 2008 12:55am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Sweet! This is one of my favorites! I was actually rereading it when this update appeared! Excellent!

Love the obtuse way that the Addams work their way into everything - puts the manipulator (DD)to shame. I really love your Harry as well. Skilled, cunning, powerful. . . everything he needs to be to kill off a Dark Lord. Excellent work on the 'moody' teen thing as well. All joking aside, Harry does have a pretty big reason to be depressed and is carrying a pretty heavy weight.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.