Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

whydoyouhavetoknow posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2014 4:33am for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Please let Dumbles be an idiot and try to do many things.

daysoftheweek posted a comment on Sunday 10th July 2011 12:17pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Given that I live quite close to Westfield, NJ, the idea of the Addams family living there is quite hilarious. I never knew until now that Charles Addams was from NJ.

dark_empty_soldier posted a comment on Sunday 14th November 2010 11:38pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

i like where the story is going so far, a good read

Dragen posted a comment on Saturday 15th March 2008 12:00pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Oh I do like how Dumbledore reacted to the Addams.

Also_Iris posted a comment on Saturday 29th December 2007 9:12am for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Most of them, however, were connected to persons or places in which he had an interest. Nothing intrusive, mind you, he had no interest in violating anyone’s privacy — but if a little modest surveillance saved a life, it was worth it, wasn’t it?

Of course not, he himself wouldn't mind at all if someone would do the same to.. pardon.. for him.

Yes. They are still writing!

He hoped to get some official assistance in collecting the missing child, and indeed received some initial encouragement from the local Aurors, but that assistance seemed to dry up after he mentioned the name ‘Addams’.

Ah so they have some contact with the magical community and they seem to be just as respected there as amongst the Muggles.


Good. I would hate to think she reneged on our agreement. The results could have been … unpleasant.


That sounds like their is some magic of Addams origin added. And the Aurors know them, have you made them an American magical family then. But Morticia said they were not... something is going on here.

"As you arranged? Why did you have any say in Harry's placement?" asked Gomez, his eyes glittering. "Are you the executor of his parents' wills? Are you his trustee or guardian?"

"I told you, I am the Headmaster at Hogwarts School."

"A position with no official status, sir. At least none of which I am aware. Certainly not the authority to place an orphaned child."


And that is the million dollar question. And of all the people to ask it, it actually comes from an Addams. This is too funny.

A slightly older boy looked at Dumbledore, his eyes growing wider and wider, and then he screamed in terror and ran out of the room again.

LOL
What shall I say... little children have good instinct on who thay can trust and Pugsley is a lot smarter than he looks...

Not being tired and confused by a house that wants me to leave I conclude that the Addams family was once magic and dark. Or maybe they could still be considered dark. Dark but not linked to the death eater movement. Would that not be interesting if they ever get to interact with the Britisch magical community.

This story is just sooo funny.
Thanks for writing.

Ishtar replied:

[quote]Would that not be interesting if they ever get to interact with the Britisch magical community.[/quote]

Just keep reading ....   :-D

Cat Feral posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 1:24pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

"Harry Potter is a most important child," Dumbledore continued desperately. He is … gifted, shall we say? Hogwarts is one of the few schools in the world capable of educating him. Since his future lies in Britain, it is important that he live there, with his family, as I arranged."

"As you arranged? Why did you have any say in Harry's placement?" asked Gomez, his eyes glittering. "Are you the executor of his parents' wills? Are you his trustee or guardian?"

"I told you, I am the Headmaster at Hogwarts School."

"A position with no official status, sir. At least none of which I am aware. Certainly not the authority to place an orphaned child." Gomez opened a drawer and pulled out a folder. "This, sir, gives us all the authority we need to care for Harry. I'll think you'll find that you don't have a leg to stand on, legally speaking."

Once again, you've hit on something that had never occurred to me! What legal authority did Dumbles have to decide who Harry would be raised by after his parents' deaths? I guess I just vaguely assumed either that wizards were always doing this sort of thing (look at Merlin and baby Arthur, after all) or that, as a close friend of James and Lily and leader of the OotP, he would have had their consent, whether officially or not, to handle things if, for some reason, Sirius couldn't.

You keep spotting the unanswered questions in the story, that tend to get by so many of us!

Cat Feral posted a comment on Friday 10th August 2007 11:19pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Here I am, reviewing this chapter a third time: It took me yet another read-through to catch the part about

Mrs Dursley introduced Mrs Figg to Dudley, warning that he was a bit strong-willed, and if he got into a tantrum, Mrs. Figg should just put him in his crib and let him cry it out.


So Petunia has taken some of what Morticia said to heart! Something tells me that if Dudley ever re-surfaces in this story, he's going to be the New, Improved version! Well done!

Gomez is thinking about buying a large dog to keep watch over them. Between you and me, it had best be a very large dog. Yours, Morticia."


*sporfle!* Well, they got their large dog, didn't they?! Well... large wolf, anyway.

Cat Feral posted a comment on Monday 16th July 2007 4:13am for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Mrs Dursley was wearing a red ball gown which had obviously cost a pretty penny. Mrs Figg occasionally followed the fashion periodicals, and knew that a dress like that was custom designed, probably in Paris. The jewellery that went with it was just as expensive, and her hair and makeup were done with care and taste.

I was re-reading Chapter 4 when I noticed this line. Are you saying that Morticia not only let Petunia keep the dress (which would make sense, as it was made for her) but the jewelry as well?? Wow, they really are a generous family, aren't they?!

Cat Feral posted a comment on Sunday 27th May 2007 2:35pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

"You just throw some son of a bitch into the pot and cook him until you can't tell what he was." She reached over to the table and casually picked up the kitten. "You want me to throw something in the pot for you?"

"Oh, no, that won't be necessary, I shan't be staying. But thank you," he said hastily.

"Grandmama, I do believe Mr. Dumbledore thinks you might put that kitten in the stew," said Morticia.

"Oh, gracious, no," said Grandmama, to the great relief of Dumbledore, who had been thinking that very thing. Then, just as he was beginning to relax, she said, "He's way too small yet." She tucked the kitten into a basket near the pantry door.


I trust you intend a face-off between Grandmama Addams and Professor McGonagall, sooner or later! LOL!!!

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 18th April 2007 2:42am for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Outstanding.

gunny

riegert8 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 3:21am for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

How dumb is Dumbledore. He put a monitoring and Tracking charm on Harry, but is not interested in taking his priracy away. To me it like saying that he could break into someone house and it only wrong if steal something. It sad that Dumbledore is trying make the Adams to give up Harry. I normal don't care for crossovers.

Chibi-Kaz posted a comment on Thursday 22nd February 2007 10:23pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Rereading again, for the fun of it. I noticed a KEY little phrase here, I wonder if eventually you'll play with it: her dark eyes seemed black and bottomless, like Snape's. I always thought that Snape looked like he might have some Addams blood in him.... *evil grin*

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 16th November 2006 4:48pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

This was a good introduction for Dumbledore to the Adams family. Of course Grandmama is quite
strange about meals and their descriptions. Son of a Bitch stew is right up her alley. I like the subtle magic of the Adams family house.
It is good that they showed Dumbledore the adoption papers. It will be interesting to see how things develope. Thanks for writing. pms

Darkness posted a comment on Thursday 16th November 2006 3:58am for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Morticia showed Dumbles who's boss, now didn't she XD! I rather wish the old man would let it drop once he realizes that Harry is happy and protected with the Addams.

Growing up Addams should leave Harry open-minded to almost any strange occurence. I hope you're planning on writing the Hogwarts years. It would be quite interesting to see what would change.

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Tuesday 14th November 2006 3:45pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Your response to RebelGoddess' review explains why, while I can easily see Raul Julia's Gomez in most of this story, the donation scene starred John Astin instead. Raul was a good serious!Gomez, but I think John did manic!Gomez better.

For Lurch, however, there's only one choice; sorry, Karel, but IMO the only Lurch worth his groan was Ted.

SpiderLily posted a comment on Friday 10th November 2006 6:21am for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Ooh, the next chapter sounds really interesting! Keep up the good work!

OrionHR posted a comment on Friday 10th November 2006 1:50am for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Ishtar, what I have I told about skipping medication like this? "Son of a Bitch Stew"??!!? You had me laughing, nigh on crying, for nearly five solid minutes.

Quite frankly, I'm curious to see what talents the Addams blood will confer on Petunia (or Dudders for that matter, since as child of Petunia, he is of the Addams line). Morticia's sentiments at the end of Chapter 3 are very good, and I might just apply some of that reasoning to a family of my own.

I recognised the two-headed suckling pig, throwing knives as darts as old Addams drawings. I used to have a collection of Charles Addams cartoons (both of the Family and non-Addams-but-similarly-twisted variety). To my regret, it has gone AWOL.

Keep writing, I'll keep reviewing.

Riven posted a comment on Thursday 9th November 2006 11:30pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

im sory about a second review but i forgot to mention i had this wonderful image of thing going to hogwarts as harry's "familiar" and think of the meyhem it would cause.
in the movies and shows thing loves to joke and i would love to see peeve's reaction to a disembodied hand.
and i can just see fudge now
"wha...what is that thing!?! i knew it potter, your evil, practiceing necromancy in hogwarts, and dumbledore is allowing it!! ill have you expelled for this!!"

Riven posted a comment on Thursday 9th November 2006 11:27pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

i just started reading this story this chapter and so far im absolutley loveing it.
i really would find an eventual harry/wednesday pairing to be rather interesting as the only gothic harry i have read so far is punk/goth and not really adams/goth if you get my meaning. and i would be terribly interested to read adams/goth harry. PLEASE dont abandon this and PLEASE update soon. i work 12 hour shifts and i spent most of my shift today thinking about your story "at least 10 hours" and im really looking foward to this.

Natasja posted a comment on Thursday 9th November 2006 10:28pm for Dumbledore vs. Addams, Round 1

Cool! do you give update alerts?

Ishtar replied:

Yes, you can sign up for update alerts.   I'll be putting up a new chapter today, probably in the afternoon.