Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 7:34pm for Hogwarts at Last!

The stygian owl was a nice touch. Thanks for the link.

No surprise with them being in Slytherin, but I liked your doing it from Snape's p.o.v.

mrdtoad posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 3:02pm for Hogwarts at Last!

Thank you. It is seldom that fanfiction can truly be this original and readable. I laughed, I cried, I left a review. Author! author! More! More!

haphazard1 posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 1:31pm for Hogwarts at Last!

So all three are in Slytherin...Snape really is going to have his hands full. :-) Not a surprise, given the discussion on allowing people to underestimate them, and their family philosophy.

Interesting bit with Wednesday and Hermione, although you didn't tell us where Hermione ended up. Probably Ravenclaw, but one never knows.

I've really been enjoying this story. Sorry for not reviewing earlier chapters, I'll try to do better.

Alex00 posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 1:05pm for Hogwarts at Last!

Good work.

Jamie46 posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 11:53am for Hogwarts at Last!

p.s. I got the tagline clue "Weird is relative" in a game I played with my family last night... because I'd been refreshed with the Addams Family! :-D hehehe, thanks!

Jamie46 posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 11:52am for Hogwarts at Last!

Way to go :) Can't say much about this chapter except that it's brilliant. I loved everything about it, from how Hermione's "know-it-all" tendencies were possibly cut short, to how Malfoy got a drenching. :-D Snape's inner monologue was amusing, too. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the next chapter! :-D hehehe. Loved the gallantry of the boys escorting the girls in. ;) hehehe. Looking forward to more when next you post. Thanks for sharing!

la13 posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 11:20am for Hogwarts at Last!

yay--another great chapter! always makes me so happy to see this story has been updated. glad to see hermione making an entrance-can't wait to see how she'll end up getting along with this harry.

Logan_MacLeod posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 8:51am for Hogwarts at Last!

AWESOME!!!!!!

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 6:01am for Hogwarts at Last!

Well, I certainly think this is going to be the start of a serious headache for Snape and Malfoy... and probably a lot of the rest of Slytherin. On the other hand, I can see that there is going to be a real demonstration this term on the true difference between Dark and Evil. Hmmm... I wonder... Grandmama took a traditional potions apprenticeship, so she's at least technically a Potions Journeyman, if not a full Mistress, right? If she completed her study, I wonder if she has any known works credited to her name? It might be interesting to find out that Snape has an admiration for Grandmama's published works, and simply hasn't put the names together just yet.

Fate posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 5:29am for Hogwarts at Last!

OMG!!
I loved Snapes thoughts on the students!
Great job!!!

Bernd Jacobitz posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 4:57am for Hogwarts at Last!

Really lovely! There is a bit of a thunderstorm aproaching or is it more of a super nova? Anyways it should be fun......

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 4:49am for Hogwarts at Last!

Harry's trick with Wednesday catching on was hilarious. I also loved the way you changed the train scenes subtly. I think we're all wondering the same thing as Snape. I trust you to make Slytherin!Harry more than a cliche. More please & please prove me right!

Amamama posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 4:03am for Hogwarts at Last!

Ooops! Harry in Slytherin... That'll be interesting, for sure! Harry sleeping in the same dorm as Draco and the goons? Oh, dear. Might turn nasty, for Draco, at least. Maybe we finally get some inter-house friendships? Seeing as they need Hermione, I mean?

Cool chapter.

Cheers!
Berte

Wolff posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 3:41am for Hogwarts at Last!

Heheh, as soon as I opened this chapter, I *knew* that Harry was gonna be sorted into Slytherin. Should make things nice and interesting.

Faith1 posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 2:37am for Hogwarts at Last!

Wednesday was working on a letter to send home, fuming because a girl she’d met in the loo had told her that some boy named Lee had brought a giant tarantula on the train, and she wanted to know why nobody had told her that spiders were acceptable pets at Hogwarts. She wanted hers sent to her immediately, if not sooner.
-lols, that's hilarious!

Thing One and Thing Two
-NOO! That's an insult to Thing AND Dr.Seuss!

That’s so unfair!
-Aww, stop whining! Anyway, what house did everyone else get into? Any differences?

"Oh, aren’t they beautiful!" she whispered.
-haha that's so funny! She should have a conversation with the Bloody Baron

Harry started a trend!!

In for a penny, in for a pound. Up Slytherin!
-haha. Anyway, will he like Harry more this time around?

Quizer posted a comment on Sunday 26th November 2006 1:08am for Hogwarts at Last!

I have seen the 'first year - Malfoy on the Train' scene so many times; I didn't expect to to be surprised by it - that sort of decisiveness is normally reserved for post-OotP-Harry. But you once again managed to come up with something that hasn't been done like this before. Sure, Malfoy regularly gets smacked around on the train, but the repercussions of Harry taking his wand is what makes this so interesting. I imagine Malfoy might turn out different if he was taught humility from day one. Maybe not quite as different as some of us would wish, but the effect should be noticeable. ;)

The conversation with Hermione and Snape's mental monologue are also very well done and show your unique flair. Good job!


Quizer

Quizer

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 11:37pm for Hogwarts at Last!

"And you’re never wrong."

"Not about people. Not about this."

Excellent scene.

Nice work. I was hoping they'd be spread out a
bit more, but the Addams family is in the blood!

Sanityfaerie posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 11:26pm for Hogwarts at Last!

This... this is delightful.

A few bits of concrit, though.
- Malfoy, having not yet been sorted, would not be referred to as the Prince of Slytherin (particularly not by Snape, ref HBP.)

- It seems odd that harry would refer to Malfoy's bookends as Thing One and Thing Two. Harry *likes* Thing. Perhaps Thug One and Thug Two?

- I'm not remembering th books precisely, but shouldn't Hermoine require at least a little convincing to put aside her healthy snacks for sweets?

Incidentally, I love the Snape Monologue, particularly the bit at the end. "In for a penny, in for a pound. Up Slytherin!" You make me happy.

the Sanity Faerie

Ken Warner posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 11:20pm for Hogwarts at Last!

how wonderful - Snape all revved up to persecute the Gryffindor, when the props are pulled out from under him.
thanks for a great story.

DrT posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 11:19pm for Hogwarts at Last!

LOL--Harry & Wednesday (and Pugsley & Hermione) setting the fashion, and even Thing One & Thing Two escorting girls, but not Malfoy.

And all three are in Slytherin? Malfoy is doomed! And did Hermione get Ravenclaw?

"T"