Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Stone Cold posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 10:43pm for Riddle Me This

LOL.

I love this story (though I really miss Fidelius).

I love the way everyone interacts with each other, and how Harry now has a guardian totem I suppose.

So, the ritual room, is that where Voldemort increased his powers, or is that where he made his Horcruxes?

Excellent story, and an excellent read.

Arkeus posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 9:19pm for Riddle Me This

Grin, this was pretty good, though Harry is making his ifrst mistakes by not telling Gomez and other Addams of the Ring.

Ishtar replied:

Hey, he's eleven!   And he was miffed because they kicked the kids out of the ritual room they found.   He must have told them *something* in order to get Gomez to take him to Gringotts; I doubt he'd just jump in the Floo and go on his own.

Seriously, if he didn't make mistakes, he wouldn't be human.   And at this point, he has no way of realizing the significance of what they found.

DrT posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 9:06pm for Riddle Me This

Interesting idea on Diagon Alley. Well thought out.

"T"

Quizer posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 8:28pm for Riddle Me This

Great stuff. The Addamses moving in at Little Hangleton is just priceless. The LOTR reference is great, too. I liked how Harry was able to circumvent all of Voldemort's protections because of the link. I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter. Will the sorting take place in the next chapter already, or will the Hogwarts Express trip take up all of it?


Quizer

KingDark posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 6:09pm for Riddle Me This

FANTASTIC CHAPTER
Seriously, You are the god of writing :P
So one of the pieces of voldie's souls is already found huh?
I love the chapter. Any hint in what the hidden chamber in the manor was about?
Keep up the fantastic work!!!!

Kenny

Chris1 posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 5:57pm for Riddle Me This

Hahahahahha

I can't wait to see how Harry deals with the rest of the Horcruxes *grin*

Lovely chapter :)

You're doing a great job of keeping them young, even if they are more mature than pretty much everybody their age.

Chris

Davideg posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 5:12pm for Riddle Me This

thank you for the fantastic chapter please update agin a.s.a.p.

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 4:50pm for Riddle Me This

OUTSTANDING CHAPTER!!!! I can't wait to see what happens next. What house are you gonna put Harry, Wednesday and Pugsley into? DO keep up the outstandig work and update soon please:):):):)

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 3:24pm for Riddle Me This

Ohhh... I was re-reading this, and I realized on the second time around that the kid's wands don't trip the underage magic sensors here in Britain... at least, not yet. Does that mean that they won't have to deal with the idiotic restrictions on underage use of magic during the summers, since they are all effectively citizens of a foreign country, magically speaking? I wonder if having a set of tracking charms suddenly appear on their wands at the end of the school year would count as strike three for Dumbledore, or if Gomez and Morticia would count that as strike one for the British Ministry?

Fate posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 2:34pm for Riddle Me This

*Cackles helplessly and falls off her bed*

My favorite lines...
"I’m not completely thick," he said, annoyed. "I read the Lord of the Rings too, you know"

and

The ring was carefully stashed in Harry’s vault. It had stopped insisting that he wear it after he had threatened to throw it into an active volcano.

I nearly died laughing after I read the last bit there. You have a brilliant writing style and I love your stories!!

One question though... Did Harry, Pugsley and Wednesday burn the shack down, or did the magic protecting the ring destroy the house because there was nothing left to protect anymore?

Ishtar replied:

They burned it down after taking any dangerous/useful potions ingredients out of the lab.   With that rotten floor, the place was dangerous, and it would raise too many questions if someone else found it. Yeah, they could have had the Aurors do it ... but they were present for the discussion about why not to get the Ministry excuses to get involved.

oom desi posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 2:19pm for Riddle Me This

Interresting twist having the Addams moving into Tom's place.
I'm looking forward to how this will influence later events.

Hop to see more soon,
Oom Desi

Edward Becerra posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 2:10pm for Riddle Me This


"Your son should do the same, to secure a possible cadet succession."

Y'know, Ish? I had the oddest idea. Morticia's sister, Ophelia Addams - she's rather like Luna Lovegood in her "not-entirely-on-this-planet" attitude.

Pugsley and Luna, perhaps? She'd fit right in, and wouldn't even notice anything strange. Or, rather, she'd notice plenty - and simply not consider it to be strange.

Just a wacky thought from late at night.. any opinion on it?

Ed.

Ishtar replied:

Y'know, I was planning on Hermione for Pugsley, but everyone keeps suggesting Luna.   I shall have to give this some consideration.

I have plans for Aunt Ophelia, too.   *eg*

Ariene Phoenixfyre posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 1:57pm for Riddle Me This

Another awesome chapter. I love the way that you have brought Remus into the family, and that the Family treats him like a human being that happens to have a little problem. And now they are living in the Riddle House...this just gets better and better!
Hmmm..wonder what houses the 3 will end up in. Pugsley...Hufflepuff; Wednesday...Ravenclaw or Slytherin; Harry...I'm gonna bet Slytherin (wouldn't Snape just LOVE that!). I'm probably totally off, of course ;-P

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 1:55pm for Riddle Me This

Another nice chapter. You know, I really hope that at some point we get to see one of the meetings of the Diagon Alley Trust. It should be very interesting to see just how close in color to a Concord grape Gomez can get Malfoy during the discussions.

Harry and his cohorts are settling in nicely at Riddle Manor, I suspect that at this rate poor Tom's not going to find any welcome at all there the next time he visits. :-)

I'll definitely be looking forward to the next segment.

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 1:46pm for Riddle Me This

Whoa! Did they just find TWO horcruxes in less than a week? That's pretty cool! I was expecting Harry and the others to be going to King's Cross in this chapter, but what you had done here is WAY better than that! I hope to see the next chapter soon. I REALLY want to see how Hogwarts, the Weasleys (especially Ginny), and Hermione react to him. I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter!

David Wangen posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 1:17pm for Riddle Me This

The ring was carefully stashed in Harry’s vault. It had stopped insisting that he wear it after he had threatened to throw it into an active volcano.



Love it.

I'm _really_ enjoying the story. Great stuff.

zac posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 12:59pm for Riddle Me This

You didn't...oh my god you did!!! Does this mean that HArry has lucked into two of the Hocruxes already? I cant believe that you had them buy Riddle Manor. Ha...I haven't seen that twist yet. Thanks and keep it up.

Hannah3 posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 12:09pm for Riddle Me This

Wow. He found a horcrux. Interesting.

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 11:57am for Riddle Me This

Brilliant! You did the 'Tish! You spoke French!' I was waiting for one of those. Also, Riddle manor? Very ironic, no? And the found the Gaunts old house? Introducing the Horcrux early on. I like it. Little black book that is empty and found in some sort of ritual room? That was another good idea. So, they have two of them then? He threatened to throw the ring into an active volcano....that was hilarious. I'm really anticipating the next chapter. Cheers.

~Ivy

Ishtar replied:

The book from the ritual room is not the diary.   It is not empty; it is filled with "page after page of gibberish".   Remus has to break the spell to find out what it is.

CootiePatootie posted a comment on Thursday 23rd November 2006 11:56am for Riddle Me This

It had stopped insisting that he wear it after he had threatened to throw it into an active volcano.

Great line! I love it!

So, does Harry have two Horcruxes now? (the Gaunt/Slytherin ring and the presumably Gryffindor dagger?) hmmmm the plot thickens.

Last update, I was not thinking about them renting the Riddle place, but after I signed off I said, oh, duh, there going to be in ol' Tommy's house.

Great update. Off to Hoggie Warty Hogwarts we go!