Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

DreamRed posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 9:25pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Really nice chapter. I'm liking the way you're getting Harry to use both his wits and his talents to get where he wants. I'm thinking Snape enchanted the bludger to test him, but I could be wrong. Snape's sudden politeness seemed a little out of place at the end, but I guess that will be explained in the next chapter.

sakura posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 9:24pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

eeee!!! omg, i LOVE IT!!!! read through it all in one sitting and kept bouncing on the edge of my seat! still doing that now too...only it's because I want to know what the heck happens next. Please please PLEASE update soon! ta!

~Sakura

The Resident posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 8:05pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Thank you for another wonderful chapter in this most interesting story. I like how you kept the 'Dobby' bludger in the story and made it a tracking spell instead. Keep up the great work and I hope you will be able to update soon.

HSRTG posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 4:00pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Let me give my standard reply to great/addictive/incredible/all of the above fanfic.

More as soon as it's convenient please. Or if the previous is above a couple months, ASAP please.

It's good. Now give me more fix. ;)

wesley2 posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 1:53pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Really good chapter, it was a more subtle version of gathering allies than I thought it would be. I like how you changed professor Quirrell killing Harry attempting to use a Bludger instead of the broom. Seems more dangerous. At first I thought you were combining Sorcerers Stone and Chamber of Secrets plotline.

I also liked Harry making better with Snape I think Snape is realizing Harry is not his father. Or it appeared so to me. One thing though you say Harry and his cousins are doing well in class because they are ahead are they studying for anything other than the basic courses?

Dark arts for example, they don’t seem like they would shy away from darker Curses. Also Harry knows he is a Parselmouth, has he revealed that to anyone else? Will he? Is he aware that his house founder was? It seems unlikely he doesn’t know if he read Hogwarts a History.

There are a few things I think are missing though. One what is going on, are Wednesday, Pugsley, and Harry exploring the castle? Are they making dares with other Slytherins? Perhaps to see what is on the third floor corridor.

Maybe not but now that they seem to be making allies it seems like something they would try. Maybe a group of Slytherins wave them offer asking if they know anything about the third floor. Exploring the castle and forbidden forest if he could.

Will Harry receive his cloak from Dumbledore? Will Harry learn about the Marauders Map? How will he get it if he does?

Did Harry and crew ever learn the Killing Curse? I know they knew the incantation but did they every try it after that?

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 12:40pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

This is in response to the very critical review left by: razz

How can anyone reading your review NOT be offended? Not to mention our author. Your opinions regarding the storyline are valid, as they are yours.

The profanity and antagonistic flavor of most of your comments, however, were totally unnecessary, unwarranted, and uncouth!

If you think that this is sooo easy, I invite you to write your own story and you can make your Harry as crazy and 'out' there as you wish.

The vision of this story belongs to Ishtar alone. The plot progresses nicely, the characters are well rounded, and the year at Hogwarts has barely started. There is ample opportunity for uniqueness during their Hogwarts years, but please give the story an opportunity to grow.

Crysania Fay posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 12:07pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

I am so loving this story!

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 11:22am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Excellent chapter!!! I eagerly look forward to reading more. You suck me in and then I nearly cry when I get to the bottom of the page! You are an excellent author and this crossover is simply engenious!

scott2 posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 9:01am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

enjoyable :)

selenepotter posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 7:23am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

To long between chapters and this chapter was too long. You made me late for work!
I would rather have shorter chapters more often than long chapters.

Aberbadger posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 7:12am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Was it Sun Tzu that said "Keep your friends close, and your enimies closer"?

kainboa posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 6:13am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

this is a really great fic, i can't wait to see it updated

Deborahsu posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 6:12am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Hurray!!! You updated!!!! THANK YOU! I am loving this story!

Bratling posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 5:55am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Yay! An update! I've been obsessively checking my email for just such an occassion. As usual, the story is excellent. Please, update again soon, because I want to see where this is going.

Ike posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 5:54am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Good chapter, though oh so late in coming out. My only problem with it is that it feels like Harry just sorta rolled over and took it from that boils prank. It keeps on being said that the Addamses will get their revenge, or whatnot, but nothing even close to that happens. No investigating into who did it, no trying to get back at them, no real warning them off, nothing. Felt kinda weak.

Mark Safransky posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 5:46am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Yeah, new chapter!! Loved the bit in the hospital wing with the Morticia and Gomez shutting old Dumbles down and leaving Thing to watch over the boys. Wonder exactly Gomez had to talk to Dumbles about. Hmmm. Also enjoyed him getting the better of Malfoy with the book. Malfoy should really learn to pull his own weight with his threats. Sooner or later, he's going to write a check his body can't cash. Ooh, loved the bit at the end with the rogue bludger and Snape destroying it. He really wasn't prepared for a Potter to thank him. Must of given him a lot to think about. Look forward to the next installment. Say, were you per chance betaing This Means War part 10? Lucky girl!!!

Louis IX posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 5:34am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Aahhhhhh... I just got my fix of Family Values. Thank you very much. Have a happy & merry Christmas.

Kethhry posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 4:21am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

I love it, it's different, it's dark (but not too dark) and it’s lovely!!

Now on more serious note. Your writing skills are excellent, plot line of this story is interesting and characters are portrayed very skillfully. I’m sure it wasn’t easy to combine both fandoms (HP & Addams Family) but you did it well. I will wait for other chapters with great anticipation.

Ishtar replied:

You'd be surprised just how easy it is to join them - much easier than, say, Harry Potter and Star Wars.   I'm just surprised it hasn't been done before.   There's enough classic witchcraft shown in the original cartoons, and in the movies, to justify having some members of the Addams Family as witches or wizards and others as Squibs.   Their lifestyle isn't far off from the magical world either.   I got the idea when thinking about 12 Grimmauld Place and realizing that Morticia Addams would look right at home there.

Slytherin_Shaman posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 3:56am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

*cackles* Oh this is so awesome! Classic!Snape is morphing into a Tolerable!Snape! So coolies!
Nice idea with the quidditch team bit. It works better in my mind rather than having him straight bumped to starting Seeker. ^_^
*cackles again* Circumventing Dumbasadoor! WOots!
Thanks! Awesome chappie! Looking forward to more!

Faith1 posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 3:50am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Absolutely wonderful! I loved Harry's reaction! But won't Terence Higgs(b/c the other Slyths might think of him as 2nd to Harry) or Malfoy try to retaliate?

Ishtar replied:

What's Higgs got to retaliate for?   He's primary Seeker, Harry's only a trainee reserve; if anything, he's going to have Harry fetching and carrying for him in sort of an "apprenticeship."   It gives him lots of prestige.   Malfoy, now ... when he finds out about it, he's going to pitch a fit, yes.   And it will be even worse second year when Potter is favored for the starting Seeker position because he was the reserve.   Malfoy doesn't want to try out and risk being the reserve to Potter.