Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Mouse posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 7:52am for The Forbidden Corridor

This is a really interesting chapter update and it was well worth waiting for.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 7:47am for The Forbidden Corridor

"I just disintegrated the same teacher," said Harry, wryly. "I don’t think they’ll be worried about you jinxing him."

*snicker*

Offed a teacher and got away with it. I call that a good year.

Prince Charon posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 7:29am for The Forbidden Corridor

:) Nice. Very interesting.

Thank you for the update.

More soon, please.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 7:15am for The Forbidden Corridor

If I remember correctly, Quirrel turning into ash was from the movie, but it was not that way in a book.

Ishtar replied:

In the book, Harry's touch first caused Quirrel to get red burns and blisters.   Unfortunately, due to the headache pain, Harry couldn't see what happened to Quirrel while he held on.   He wasn't trying to kill Quirrel, but to keep him incapacitated and unable to cast a curse at Harry himself.   Harry then passed out, and what happened to Quirrel was never described.   I had Quirrel get the burns and blisters, and then segued into the visuals from the movie; I figured it could have happened that way since the book never states otherwise and everybody knows what it looked like.   And the evidence is easier to hide this way; it's much easier than having the four kids try to sneak him down a back staircase and feed him to the Giant Squid.

swordchucks posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 6:52am for The Forbidden Corridor

Great chapter. I like how Harry wins over Quirrel using deception and willpower rather than just raw power. Of course, they're not going to get away with it... but it's cool that it seems like that right now ;)

Tumshie posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 6:41am for The Forbidden Corridor

All I can say that any additions to your stories are most welcome, whenever they may arrive.

AmeSuisei/AdronTaltos/CarlOort posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 6:35am for The Forbidden Corridor

Wow... Voldemort's curse on the position must have helped a little.. I mean Quirrel didnt even last the whole year! lol.
Nice chapter and worth waiting for... I suppose :-p
Cant wait for more..

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 6:03am for The Forbidden Corridor

Definitely a chapter that was well worth the wait. I loved this confrontation with Voldie and I can't wait to see Dumbles reaction when Quirrell "disappears" and the stone is untouched. The quick reference to that scene from Stars Wars was so appropriate here.

I like this Hermione, she seems to be a bit more of a risk-taker when needed and she's still a good wand in a fight.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how things progress from here now that Tom's been driven off so early in the year.

Jeremy DuCharme posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 5:00am for The Forbidden Corridor

Hmm, Snape unknowingly owes Harry, again. This time for direct action, not an inherited life debt via James.

And who's gonna cover DADA with Quirrell having assumed room temperature? Will Remus or Snape cover it and their own classes? Will Snape get DADA and hand over Potions to a different teacher? Slughorn or (yipe!) Grandmama Addams? Maybe Dumbledore himself will come down to substitute teach it?

Or will Dumbles get an even WORSE DADA professor to round out the year, say the early arrival (and even earlier departure) of Gilderoy Lockhart? After all he got the job in the second year because everyone else was SO convinced it was cursed that no one would touch it. Which may be why Remus (besides his familiarity with Sirius) got the job in the third year, again no one else wanted to risk taking it.

Anyway, the DADA curse taking out the professor in two months would have to be a record, making it hard to fill the position.

Did Hermione catch Wednesday's comment about "see, I told you we'd need her"? Did she hear it but hasn't thought out the implications yet? Be an interesting conversation if/when it does come up. And as she likely gets in deeper with Harry and the Addams, will they teach her their sign language? Maybe summer lessons include Hermione sitting in so she can practice magic over part of her summer?

And Harry's twigging onto the fact that Riddle's spells roll over, sit up, and beg for him, but no one else. No I don't think I'd like the implications either.

The rumor mill should be filled with stories of Harry beating the crap out of Malfoy for insulting Wednesday, so why did Ron by Harry claiming he'd 'just be in the way' in the Battle of Hogwart's Loo? The rumors haven't spread quite that far, lacked details (the story should Harry carving Malfoy like a Christmas Goose by this point, surely), or just Ron being his normal oblivious self?

Possible quicker updates? Hell yes. Like a pusher the first fix was free, now we are jonesing for the next Family Values fix like Gollum after The One Ring. Please send us another (and another, and another...) :)

Paul Millsted posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 4:51am for The Forbidden Corridor

Yaaaaaaa!
Updates for breakfast my fav.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 4:50am for The Forbidden Corridor

Nice idea for a completely different take on the events of Philosopher's Stone. My only question now is what you're going to do with the rest of the year since you've solved Quirrell. Great stuff. More please.

IndigoCat posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 4:20am for The Forbidden Corridor

I like the twist to the story.

rosemaryag posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 4:18am for The Forbidden Corridor

great stuff! loved how pragmatic Harry is... looking forward to the next part ;-)

DreamRed posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 4:16am for The Forbidden Corridor

Nice update. I like Harry's matter-of-factness.

Amamama posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 4:16am for The Forbidden Corridor

Wicked! Positively, gorgeously wicked. Ingenious way to get the fight with Quirrelmort out of the way, Fluffy defintely knows who to respect now. Fab chapter, loved seeing you post a new one. And I agree with shorter chapters and a gain in momentum - that way I won't have to reread to remember what's going on. LOL

Thanks a bunch!

amulder posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 4:14am for The Forbidden Corridor

Hmmm, very curious about where you're going with Wednesday. In the last chapter, Harry and Pugsley stepped in and "saved" her from Draco. Now in this one, Quirrell had her, and Harry "saved" her again.

Are you purposefully hiding her away in the plot? Are we going to see some serious Wednesday action at some point?

(hey, everyone else had all the really good compliments already, I wanted to find something else to comment on.)

And I must say, I did _not_ expect Harry to make nice with Ron... no, stop, change that round. I did _not_ expect _Ron_ to be _willing_ to make nice with Harry. This really makes me curious... No Ron conflict? And Quirrell's done? Draco is pretty much emasculated right now. Oh goody! Does this mean we're going to switch back to seeing Gomez get the better of Lucius? That should be positively delightful! Of course, there is still Albus as well. I love seeing him getting befuddled by the whole Addams' clan

great job, thanks for sharing!
...art

taxzombie posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 3:24am for The Forbidden Corridor

Long, short, medium. Don't matter to me as they are all good. I'm having a blast reading your fanfic. I look forward to every posting, whenever they are. Thanks for a pleasant read!

Crys posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 3:22am for The Forbidden Corridor

> "You mean all this time I’ve been looking on the wrong floor?!"
*chuckle* Two countries separated by a common language.

Enjoyable chapter. Most definitely looking forward to watching Gomez thoroughly destroy Malfoy on the social / economic plane.

selenepotter posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 3:18am for The Forbidden Corridor

I woud rahter have shorter chapters more often than long chapters less often.

Great Chapter!

More please!

Davideg posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 3:15am for The Forbidden Corridor

I love this story please keep up the fantastic work cant wait to see the trouble miss Adams coses(sp?) Dumbledor, I'm glad you will be going back to posting short but quick updates please update again a.s.a.l.a.