Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 11:15pm

Excellent work. You got the feel just right.

Patricia Lee Finley posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 11:13pm

Being a fan of both the Addams and Potter worlds is is wonderful of you to combine them both in an amusing and well told tale. I am really, really looking forward to the next chapter. Well Done!!

Charles Slone posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 10:32pm

*Blinks* well this is different

mike bates posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 10:25pm

wow i never knew that "If you need anything, just scream." would be used nicely as an ending to this chapter. i can't wait for more chapters to pop up sooner or later. *starts whistling the Addams Family theme*

Ishtar replied:

*grins*   Lots of people seem to be whistling that, all of a sudden.

chia posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 10:17pm

Amazing, I dont think ive ever seen this crossover before, I cant way to see more.

Adrian R Brown posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 9:45pm

"Good show old man!"

One of the stranger crossovers I've seen. However, I honestly can't wait to see more of it. The possibilities are endless! :)

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 9:11pm

Bwahahaha! This is rich, old Petunia's a bit over her head on this one. So far, very good, I look forward to more, thank you.

DrT posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 9:05pm

I'm not usually one for cross-overs, but I think I'll like this one.

"T"

amulder posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 8:02pm

One typo found:

"adjoining parlour. She"

This paragraph just ends after the word "She".

Methinks Petunia will be going into shock soon... :-)
So far I think you're hitting the right light touch, with a bit of the light humour / off-kilter-from-society feel of the old TV show, without steppinng into the campiness -er- camp.

thanks
...art

Mickey posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 6:25pm

Very nice. I liked the way you're developing Morticia and Petunia. However you implied Petunia and Morticia are blood relations which doesn't fit with Petunia being related by blood to the Addams'

Ishtar replied:

For purposes of this story, Morticia's maiden name was also Addams.   Gomez is a second or third cousin of hers, as is Petunia.   The Addams Family is large, and there's lots of intermarriage.   (In the TV show, Morticia's maiden name was Frump, but I just couldn't see a woman like her ever being a Frump.)

Dave Harris posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 6:15pm

Good start. You've set the stage well and fleshed out the characters of Vernon and Petunia a bit more than Jo does in the books.

Just a quick Brit-pick: in the UK morning newspapers, like the mail (and in this instance I mean the post, rather than the Daily Mail, the likely morning newspaper reading for Uncle Vernon), are invariably delivered by hand through the letterbox of the house's front door, rather than left on the doorstep (or as is apparently the case in some places, launched in the general direction of the house by the Paperboy).

I'm intrigued as to why Morticia couldn't get through to the Dursleys on the phone - is it an important point?

Anyway, on to Chapter 2. Looking forward to Morticia's reaction to Petunia's problems!

Ishtar replied:

Thanks for the Brit-pick.   I live in a "launched in the general direction of the house" area, but our newspaper person has good aim and it ends up on the steps more often than not.   Paperboys have gone the way of the afternoon newspaper, unfortunately; early morning delivery routes are run by adults, who drive their cars slowly down the street and toss the papers at the houses.

If the Dursleys' paper carrier had delivered the paper through the letterbox, he would have stepped on Harry.   Dumbledore cast a spell to keep anyone other than Petunia from discovering the boy, so just this once the paper carrier dropped the paper on the step instead of delivering it properly.  

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.   :D

Oh, and Morticia wasn't calling Petunia.   She was calling Lily, because she knew the Potters were in harm's way, and the tarot reading indicated something might have happened or might happen soon.   When she couldn't get through, she wrote to Petunia, since that was a more polite way of contacting someone you've never met.

314159 posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 6:04pm

A wonderful begining. I can't wait to see Harry live up to his ancestry, even half as well as Wednesday and Pugsley do.

Helmut Steeg posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 5:22pm

Hooooo boy. ;-)

Now, that I get that monster off my chest (and the sticky, brown fluid wiped off the monitor) - I salute you ;-)

This is the first Addams-family / Harry Potter crossover I have ever seen and I enjoyed it very much.

Muirnin Cocan posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 4:34pm

Oh well done in deed...

I like how you have combined the two families and actually made them believeable

Got a question... Grimmauld Place - Square or Circle??? I'm trying to remember and can't find reference to it!

As Always,
Muirnin

Muirnin Cocan posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 4:21pm

So Dorothy, let me guess this is 2006's entry into insanity???

NaNoWriMo's gotcha again?

Being an Adams myself (ONE D thank you very much maiden name) I found myself cringing everytime someone would snap their fingers a certain way... I can't wait to see what you have planned for this.

Take care, good luck
As Always,
Muirnin - Keeping the Coffee Hot!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 3:46pm

*Chuckle* I think Petunia is going to end up being rather glad to get back to Vernon and Dudley. Either that, or life on Privet Lane is going to seem rather boring after visiting the Addams abode.

Ishtar replied:

Or both.   She's not going to be the same person, I can promise you that.

Kail Ceannai posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 3:39pm

Beatifully written. And, yet, the idea of an HP and Addams family scares me. Fascinating. Scarey. I suppose that's the Addam's family.

Chris1 posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 2:55pm

Once again you prove you're a great writer :)

I did see a mistake of sorts...

Petunia whirled, to see a tall, slim woman, clad in a form-fitting black gown, coming out of a door from an adjoining parlour. She



She... what? :D

Looking forward for the next chapter :)

Chris

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 2:32pm

Hmmmmm.....I think that if Lily and James and to pick between Moticia and Petunia raising Harry Morticia would win hands down! Thanks for the chapter, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Beau Wolff posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 2:18pm

My God. I can hear Morticia's voice.

You're an astounding writer, and it's a pleasure to read your work.