Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Paul Millsted posted a comment on Sunday 19th October 2008 5:22pm

Love the interaction between Dumbles and all the changes the Addams are creating its one of the most fun plot lines running through this great story

Paul Millsted posted a comment on Sunday 19th October 2008 4:57pm

Please ma'am MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Crow posted a comment on Thursday 16th October 2008 5:53pm

I made a point of watching Addams Family Values when it was on TV recently, so that's where the name of the title came huh?

Quite a stellar cast, Morticia, Wednesday, Uncle Fester, Gomez were all great and as I remembered them and had the quirks I liked in this fic. Christini Ricci was Wednesday Addams. Only Pugsley was a bit of a letdown.

The three at camp definately looked like Wednesday, Pugs and Harry. WHen did the idea form for you while you were watching this?

Anyway, a solid mystery/general fic up to this point. Thanks.

Can't wait for the muse to strike again.

Ishtar replied:

The title was inspired by the AFV movie, but as you can tell, nothing else came from it. Pubert may show up later, but Debbie won't - I have other plans for Uncle Fester's love life - and there will definitely be no summer camp). My Addams Family is based on equal doses of the original New Yorker cartoons, the 1960's TV show and the first Addams Family movie (if you have not seen that one, run right out and rent or buy it - it's much better than the second one, which I actually kind of despise).   My Pugsley is based more on the intelligent Pugsley of the TV show, who cared for and protected his little sister.   The cartoons also showed an intelligent, although malevolent, Pugsley who gave as good as he got.   Wednesday is definitely the movie Wednesday.

I got the idea when I was looking at some reprints of the cartoons, and realized that there was very little about the Addams Family that was incompatible with Rowling's world, and much that they had in common.   Then I went looking for crossover fics and found very little.   So obviously that gap had to be filled.   :D   I hadn't even thought about the character of Joel at the summer camp looking like Harry, and the idea did not form while watching that movie.

I have chained the Muse to her work table, and hope to have a new chapter soon.

Lottii posted a comment on Wednesday 15th October 2008 8:17am

Hi Brilliant story - I'm looking forward to the next chapter.... Cheers

Koalasco posted a comment on Friday 3rd October 2008 5:30pm

YOU ARE AN AMAZING AUTHOR!!!!!!!!

Really, I can read this story over and over and over again and NEVER get bore of it.

When are you thinking about updating? I hope you're muse hasn't gone too far away.

PLZ update soon!

mid1riko posted a comment on Thursday 25th September 2008 9:06am

i LOVE this story, (no pressure, but) i hope you update soon!

jlmac posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd September 2008 8:09pm

i have re-read this three time cant wait for an up-date

Grace Cole posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd September 2008 10:30am

Wow! I love this story. More please!

Aflibble posted a comment on Saturday 20th September 2008 10:10am

absolutely love it.

Silo posted a comment on Thursday 11th September 2008 10:39am

i hope to see an update soon man

Wolfhaven posted a comment on Monday 8th September 2008 11:13pm

Excellent, excellent, excellent!

The idea of an Addam's Family/Harry Potter crossover was a little scary at first, but you've done a wonderful job at it. The Addam's family characters don't feel oddly juxtaposed in a world where they don't belong; they fit right in. I particularly love Gomez in this fic. An interesting spin on Dumbledore, as well - I wasn't fond of your Dumbledore at first but he is growing on me.
"...there were some round cakes with an interesting sweet red filling that he found quite tasty." I have to ask, could this "interesting sweet red filling" be pomegranate filling? Overall, an engaging and original fic. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Kyle Bissett posted a comment on Saturday 6th September 2008 7:40am

The Addams family history goes back much farther than John Dee in the late 15th/early 16th Century. The proof? A quote by Gomez in the first movie:

"We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled,
We danced the Mamushka at Waterloo,
We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper,
And this Mamushka, Fester Addams, is for you."

That traces the Addams family and one of their traditions to the Great Fire of Rome, which was started on July 18, 64AD. Since Harry's first year started in the fall of 1991, that means his family history is at least 1,927 years old. The history of Hogwarts itself only dates back approximately 1,000 years. In a culture that views lineage as a status symbol, that's a powerful weapon.

NaiveGhost posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd September 2008 12:02am

I just found this story yesterday! (thru the Quibbler Awards) I love it I had trouble not laughing out loud (I was at work).
This is so funny! I love it when Harry is not raised by the Dursleys.
Keep writing!
;-)

LKK posted a comment on Friday 29th August 2008 3:28pm

It's a great story that has great potential. The entire Addams family is awesome, by the way. I kind of feel bad for Dumbles, he has way too much work for his age; he may end up having a stroke or a heart-attack sometime soon if he keeps it up. Update soon!

Silo posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 9:53pm

i hope u update soon i love this fic

Tammy Driver posted a comment on Monday 25th August 2008 11:32pm

Is your muse behaving itself, or has it run off to parts unknown again? This story is really good. Please update soon.

npetrenko posted a comment on Friday 22nd August 2008 5:15am

Excellent story. Great characterization! Please write more!

alueua1 posted a comment on Sunday 17th August 2008 10:40pm

I love your story. You are able to meld two different universes into one intriguing story.

kyoshi711 posted a comment on Thursday 14th August 2008 6:23am

This was a very funny chapter. I love listening to Gomez, as he is one crazy puppy!

kyoshi711 posted a comment on Thursday 14th August 2008 5:26am

I love how you made Mr. Adam sound like him on the T.V. show. Excellent work!