Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

saphiresnowlady posted a comment on Saturday 1st December 2007 1:32am for The Fall of the House of Potter

Very nice. I actually feel sorry for Petter and I never thought that would happen. He was in a lose, lose situation. I would like to think if I was in is place I would take my own life, but his family would still have been killed... Very good job in making one of the most hated charecters so human and to make others actually feel for his situation.

coyote posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd October 2007 4:35am for The Fall of the House of Potter

I do like this story. My one concern at the moment is the fact that Harry seems to be able to talk. He's only about 3 months old. 3 month olds can barely say "gah" much less "Mummy" or "bam". Also, they can't sit or anything. They pretty much lay on their backs, sleep, eat, and cry.

But other than that, the story seems very interesting, and very original. I can't wait to read the rest of it.

namaste
-ki-

Ishtar replied:

Harry is fifteen months old when the Potters go into hiding.     That's plenty old to walk and have a small vocabulary.   Trust me, I've raised a child.   I know what they can do at that age, and at fifteen months my daughter had two speeds: "stop" and "fast forward".

Chris Winter posted a comment on Tuesday 21st November 2006 3:07am for The Fall of the House of Potter

Love the personality changes of Peter in your story compared to those of other authors. Also your, well i guess research, into the dates was a nice touch as well.

Good luck with this story and I hope you do update this story soon, or in the next few weeks/months...lol.

Davideg posted a comment on Sunday 19th November 2006 6:31am for The Fall of the House of Potter

The question is, did JKR screw up the dates deliberately, so as to place the stories in a timeless "always now", or was she just too lazy to get a calendar for the years in question and keep it with her manuscript and notes? if you look thou all the books dates you can tell she dint do any foot work when it came to the calinder

lorddoom1000 posted a comment on Monday 26th June 2006 1:37pm for The Fall of the House of Potter

in the beginning of the chapter about the timeline you can prove that JK was just lazy about days because it gives a definative date in the second book when nearly headless nick had his 500th death day and he died in 1492 so holloween in the second year is in i992 the days are just f'ed up

Muirnin Cocan posted a comment on Monday 22nd May 2006 5:23am for The Fall of the House of Potter

I think the part I liked was when you had Cold Moldiewart theorize that if the secret keeper dies that the secret dies with them... from JKR's website we find that to be true... once under fidelius always under fidelius until the secret is revealed... That is one area that I would love to see JKR give more details in regards to... if she does do that HP encyclopedia that she pondered about...

As Always,
Muirnin - who's still procrastinating... and wishing that there was a Fidelius charm against manipulative relatives...

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 22nd May 2006 5:07am for The Fall of the House of Potter

Very sad, interesting story so far.

gunny

hholidays posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 1:43am for The Fall of the House of Potter

An excellent, emotional chapter. Riveting enough that I forgot to leave a review and barrelled right on into the next.

I especially liked the scene where James realizes that he has been betrayed by Peter... but then after their deaths, Peter can't help himself from showing his love for the two of them. It is such an insightful characterization on how a best friend can betray another to his death without having a malicious intent.

Your version of events just screams 'coward' of Peter, but he isn't malicious. Great.

jackattack posted a comment on Wednesday 5th April 2006 9:53pm for The Fall of the House of Potter

"Tuesday's child is full of grace." We can argue that Harry's placement at the Dursley's was, metaphorically, a rebirth. Having them discover him on a Tuesday may well have been a very deliberate literary device.
_________________________

I've never understood the compulsion to nail down the exact real-world dates of events in fictional stories.

A good story (of this type) is timeless, and eschews things that will "date" it -- things like the name of the (actual) current Prime Minister, references to real-world singers, and so forth will be kept notably absent in the interest of allowing future readers to connect to the story as something that could be happening in their present, not something that happened "a long time ago". Someday, I might sit down with children of my own to read the books and watch the DVDs, and I'm glad that I won't have to stop every twenty minutes to explain about various people or events that have nothing to do with the story itself.

I'm also amazed at how bound fanfic authors allow themselves to be by those dates, especially when writing crossovers. I don't care when the first season of Buffy aired versus the publishing date of Rowling's third book -- if your story works better having all of the characters being the same age, just make a quick author's note and be done with it. Don't send Harry and his friends careening through time so you can have your story coincide with real-world events; it's overly complicated and opens meta-story issues that might detract from the parts of the story you care about. Just pick up the entire Potter universe and plunk it down WHEN you need it to be.

Finally, I want to say I find it extremely annoying when a fanfic author insults their source author. JKR's writing methods and priorities may differ from yours, but that does NOT make her "lazy".

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 7th February 2006 2:59am for The Fall of the House of Potter

Ch.3 - - The best step-by-step of what happened on that fateful day that I have read.

That Voldie would have been more human back then had not crossed my mind, but he still was - much more so than he would have been in any incarnations during books 1-6. Fine writing acknowledging that fact.

I am writing a tale where Harry becomes much more familiar with house-elf magic. I may have to stop reading your tale here if you get too good for me to read it and remain objective to write my own story. I have a feeling your will be too good not to influence me.

Hope I don't have to stop!

Quizer posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 10:13am for The Fall of the House of Potter

I read your explanation of the Avada Kedavra curse in the authors note. So basically, your version of it scares/terrifies people to death? Just want to know if I understand it correctly.

thanks
Quizer

Rick Gale posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd January 2006 11:28pm for The Fall of the House of Potter

One of the best chapters I’ve read regarding that fateful night. It shows the torment Peter went through when he relies the depth of his betrayal.

Up to this point it seems the story has been shown from Wormtail’s point of view, but that can’t last much longer. Can it?

Keep up the great job.

Jack-A-Roe posted a comment on Thursday 1st December 2005 4:38am for The Fall of the House of Potter

I'm not sure what your worried about, your writing is fine.

I've never thought of Peter being lured step by step (using self-denial)into the service of Voldemort. That is a very original way of doing it.

I would have thought James would have gotten off more than one curse before being disarmed, especially if he has survived three prior encounters.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2005 12:08am for The Fall of the House of Potter

The Fidelius did NOT break; bent, yes, but *it didn't break*. Harry is saved by the Potter House Elves (and thus permanently escapes the Dursleys), Tom is *still* screwed (because his A-K still misfired; however THIS time, the reason is both Lily's love AND Peter's guilt). Because Peter did NOT go back to the Nibblers, Harry remains safe and hidden (amazingly enough, he also saves Sirius Black by fleeing now), and the changes from Potterverse Prime only increase from here.

Calidore posted a comment on Tuesday 15th November 2005 3:16pm for The Fall of the House of Potter

I very much like the reasoning behind Voldemort's refusal to kill Lily, it is one of the things that has always left me baffled in canon. Er, yeah, anyhow, nice handling.

sris posted a comment on Tuesday 15th November 2005 8:44am for The Fall of the House of Potter

Ah! So that's how Harry became the Boy-Who-Vanished. Nice nice. Can't wait till the next update.

azntgr01 posted a comment on Monday 14th November 2005 9:49am for The Fall of the House of Potter

nice. ^^

Wytil posted a comment on Monday 14th November 2005 4:00am for The Fall of the House of Potter

Probably the mst unusual variation of the death of Lilly=James=Tom. AND how Harry survived. What about Sirius? Who will find out about the Potters?
Harry will get his letter on his 11th birthday. His first meeting with humans.

lon huey posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 8:37pm for The Fall of the House of Potter

Now you have me hooked. As with the other stories of yours that I have read, it took a while. Now I'm hooked and the possibilities of Harry having no outside contact except house elves, that's good. A totally new take. Never been a fan of AU, but I'm starting to like it. Still haven't got the hook from Keith, yet. Maybe later. You've got me hooked.

Oh, loved the one-shot before you started this one. LOVED it. Keep going.

Rocky235 posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 10:34am for The Fall of the House of Potter

This is a slick plot. Plus, your style and detail make this fun and easy to read.