Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 6th August 2007 11:45am for Meanwhile, Back at the Castle

Snape, you are EVIL. You asked Harry those NEWT questions when he was a FIRST year. How was he meant to get them? And Hermione really IS a Know-it-All

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Tuesday 4th October 2005 5:33pm for Meanwhile, Back at the Castle

Nice work. Snape realy is a bastard.

Rocky235 posted a comment on Tuesday 16th August 2005 10:26am for Meanwhile, Back at the Castle

As usual, excellently written.

Snape's class was funny. "I'm sorry, it was my turn and I thought that was my question."
That's a great line.

Brad posted a comment on Tuesday 16th August 2005 8:39am for Meanwhile, Back at the Castle

(Are reviews working on this? I've left a couple but the site doesn't/can't display them back after submission. Jeconais says there's a bug, but I don't know if the bug is in DISPLAY the reviews or in STORING them in the first place.)

This is a really good story with some excellent writing! There's no dark sense of 'danger' present, no Voldemort breathing down Harry's back, just a wonderfully detailed examination of the wizarding world and how our favourite characters interrelate within. Really enjoyable. Even if there's going to be no climatic final battles or anything like that it's still going to be a pleasure to see where you go.

I thought the opening bit with Ginny "swishing a stick", playing with the kittens at her feet, was charming. Ron's knee-jerk reaction to Slytherin Cheveyo was spot-on.

Ron's chat with McGonagall was excellent. It's really great to see this sort of detail of Hogwarts life exposed. Enjoyed that segment very much.

I thought the part with Snape was just a little overdone, with the exchange students' abilities exaggerated a bit. Would they really know so much, be so much superior to their British peers in their potions knowledge? So impertinent as to be cheeky to the potions professor? Well, they *are* Americans ...

Looking forward to the next chapter, thanks for this one!

Gardengirl posted a comment on Tuesday 16th August 2005 4:42am for Meanwhile, Back at the Castle

Loving it so far! So detailed, so rich! I look forward to more soon.

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Monday 15th August 2005 1:05am for Meanwhile, Back at the Castle

Nice another good back home chapter. I rather liked the whole bit with Snape in Potions class and after. The part with McGonagal making the chess analogy in regards to Transfiguration for Ron was brilliant, I would have loved to seen Hermione and Ginny's reaction to that whole conversation, especially about Ron competing in chess tournaments. Great job thank you.

Erik Gl posted a comment on Sunday 14th August 2005 5:15pm for Meanwhile, Back at the Castle

Hiya Dorothy,
I'm happy to see a new chapter up. I've been looking forward to reading more of this corner of the Potterverse for well over a year now :-) I wonder if students will be able to arrange to hide their porn with the AJAT covers? :-)
As usual you have done a good job with keeping characterization consistant and I think it's nice that we're seeing how things are going at Hogwarts as well as with Harry.
I'm curious though, did Hermione prep the exchange students, or are they all taught well above the level of Hogwarts beggining 6th years? I wouldn't expect that polyjuice would generally be anything less than 7th year work.
Thank you for writing a fun story, I'm looking forward to more.