Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

james27 posted a comment on Tuesday 26th May 2009 3:16pm for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

You mention that the Cruciatus is not permanently damaging, but need I remind you of Neville's parents?

I would think that going insane would be considered 'permanently damaging'.

reimanr06 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th November 2006 5:29am for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

Oh my. Your code of conduct is quite intriguing. The only problem is that I can't tell if it accurately reflects your personal views, or if you merely concocted them for the purpose of this story. Curious... very curious.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Tuesday 4th October 2005 6:03pm for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

By now it was all of the Hogwarts students making suggestions and everybody waiting to see how Harry would respond.

That was an entertaining section.

And sometimes it's even agreed that the victim needed killing, and there's no punishment at all.

LOL! I thought only Georgia still had 'He Needed Killin'' as a legal defense.

Great ending.

GaelicDragon posted a comment on Sunday 11th September 2005 1:08pm for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

Just an idea about the Cruciatus curse...

What if it was a failed attempt at a numbing charm. But, due to the spell crafters lack of knowledge of the nervious system, the spell did the exact opposite.

James posted a comment on Saturday 10th September 2005 6:32pm for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

This gets better. Poor Snape; even people who've never heard of him hate his guts. Good thinking on the curses; are you channeling Moody here? Lavender splendidly dim, Heinlein always good news :) H2G2 even better, though a proper smartass question would be 'what's the Question?'. Thinking, not just repeating what you heard. Ask a dozen fans what the Question is and you'll get at least six good answers, plus the inevitable two quotes. Love the Ethics essay; I wonder how many of the ideas raised therein will appear in practice soon. A benign Cruciatus escapes me so far.

Brad posted a comment on Friday 9th September 2005 5:29am for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

Another solid chapter for a good solid story; following this with great interest and pleasure. I'm just worried that I'm going to be sitting here typing something like this three years from now ... Harry's only just started his American year of tuition and this is chapter 19? Yoiks. A full year roaming the USA before he goes back home and we see the repercussions of the vow that the Trio-left-behind made to support him? Anticipation plus!

Biggest lesson of the chapter - "Potion Masters are human, too".

"Mathematics was a disaster". Heh. I've wondered about that, how Hermione has been completely cut off from the Muggle sciences since she was eleven. No wonder it's usually a case of the Muggle-born completely divorcing their parents and their Muggle heritage for the wizarding world, it'd be too difficult to get equal education in both, I reckon. Well, in the sciences anyway.

Enjoyed very much the Harry-critique of the Ministry. Good stuff! You/he have been wanting to say that for a while, I think!

Enjoyable chapter, thank you!

Brian Friend posted a comment on Thursday 8th September 2005 10:51am for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

Ok, someones been reading a little L. Neil Smith. I like the libertarian view that you have brought to this chapter. I kinda drifted away from the story because the letters (a good way to let us know what was going on at Hogwarts) just weren't doing it for me.
By the way because I hadn't mentioned it before great chapter I really liked it.
p.s. how about a little movement on your hary!multi story (please)

Brian

Crys posted a comment on Tuesday 6th September 2005 10:25am for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

Holy smoke . . .

Wow. Helluva chapter. Loved the subtle digs at Snape. "Do it this way, you insolent brat, because I TOLD YOU TO!"

Lavender displaying horrifyingly stereotypical "blonde" traits.

That Ethics class was great. Harry's response to almost all the comments was wonderful. He didn't even have to bring Sirius into it!

The list of 10 rules was interesting as well. I can see a difference between "life" and "body", but it's not a huge difference. Are you going to highlight the breakpoint between the two at some point?

Great stuff! Looking forward to more.

Adrian posted a comment on Tuesday 6th September 2005 1:50am for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

Great! Keep it coming!

John Conner posted a comment on Sunday 4th September 2005 11:22pm for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

Another excellent chapter. I especially loved the potions class and the ethics discussion. The piece with Lavender at the end though... That was classic. Keep up the great work.

Malaskor posted a comment on Sunday 4th September 2005 12:12pm for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

Another excellent chapter. A very interesting view at a normal day :)
It was fun to read and the discussions and happenings were easy to picture.

I have only one little nag on a detail: "Herr Doktor Professor Rozendal" should read "Herr Professor Doktor Rozendal", as that is the usual order to write down these titles (at least in I in Germany, Switzerland or Austria - the country(ies) I suppose you had him study in).

That aside a very enjoyable read with no errots that jumped at me.

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

Prince Charon posted a comment on Sunday 4th September 2005 10:00am for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

(Remove 'THEBELL.' to reply.)

Very, very interesting.

Poor Harry. I wonder if Lavender is really that dumb, or if she's just not used to thinking.

More soon, please.

Joseph J. Schuler posted a comment on Sunday 4th September 2005 8:08am for The Potions Master and Other Terrors

Fantastic. This fic is great. I really enjoy the ethics class discussion, and Harry quoting bothe Voldemort and Dumbledore.