Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Rocky235 posted a comment on Tuesday 16th August 2005 10:26am

As usual, excellently written.

Snape's class was funny. "I'm sorry, it was my turn and I thought that was my question."
That's a great line.

Rocky235 posted a comment on Tuesday 16th August 2005 8:46am

That was good. The whole idea and working of Avalon was inspired. The trees and slicing the apples, it makes me wish that's how things worked.

And Voldie's mom, I've never read anything like it.

Brad posted a comment on Tuesday 16th August 2005 8:39am

(Are reviews working on this? I've left a couple but the site doesn't/can't display them back after submission. Jeconais says there's a bug, but I don't know if the bug is in DISPLAY the reviews or in STORING them in the first place.)

This is a really good story with some excellent writing! There's no dark sense of 'danger' present, no Voldemort breathing down Harry's back, just a wonderfully detailed examination of the wizarding world and how our favourite characters interrelate within. Really enjoyable. Even if there's going to be no climatic final battles or anything like that it's still going to be a pleasure to see where you go.

I thought the opening bit with Ginny "swishing a stick", playing with the kittens at her feet, was charming. Ron's knee-jerk reaction to Slytherin Cheveyo was spot-on.

Ron's chat with McGonagall was excellent. It's really great to see this sort of detail of Hogwarts life exposed. Enjoyed that segment very much.

I thought the part with Snape was just a little overdone, with the exchange students' abilities exaggerated a bit. Would they really know so much, be so much superior to their British peers in their potions knowledge? So impertinent as to be cheeky to the potions professor? Well, they *are* Americans ...

Looking forward to the next chapter, thanks for this one!

Gardengirl posted a comment on Tuesday 16th August 2005 4:42am

Loving it so far! So detailed, so rich! I look forward to more soon.

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Monday 15th August 2005 1:05am

Nice another good back home chapter. I rather liked the whole bit with Snape in Potions class and after. The part with McGonagal making the chess analogy in regards to Transfiguration for Ron was brilliant, I would have loved to seen Hermione and Ginny's reaction to that whole conversation, especially about Ron competing in chess tournaments. Great job thank you.

Erik Gl posted a comment on Sunday 14th August 2005 5:15pm

Hiya Dorothy,
I'm happy to see a new chapter up. I've been looking forward to reading more of this corner of the Potterverse for well over a year now :-) I wonder if students will be able to arrange to hide their porn with the AJAT covers? :-)
As usual you have done a good job with keeping characterization consistant and I think it's nice that we're seeing how things are going at Hogwarts as well as with Harry.
I'm curious though, did Hermione prep the exchange students, or are they all taught well above the level of Hogwarts beggining 6th years? I wouldn't expect that polyjuice would generally be anything less than 7th year work.
Thank you for writing a fun story, I'm looking forward to more.

Brad posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd August 2005 4:34pm

I'm enjoying this story! In particular I loved the "H. POTTR'S ROOM" inscription in the cupboard ... several fanfics I've read have had Weasleys or others inspect Harry's old cupboard, and I've often thought something like "MY NAME IS HARRY AND I AM SIX TODAY" written on a wall would increase the pathos. So I was delighted to see you do that here, satisfied an itch I've had for a long time.

Thanks for the story!

len vandiveer posted a comment on Sunday 24th July 2005 10:45pm

Nice story. Major thing wrong is lack of more frequent updates But then you ladies have to make sure our clothes are tugged just right before we go off to work. (I can't beleive my wife still does that after forty years!)

Jay posted a comment on Thursday 21st July 2005 3:01am

Hi. Great story. I really like the way you've contrasted the different wizarding traditions. It makes sense that there would be things that the different nationalities can learn from each other. I got the link from Jeconais's Yahoo group, and I'm glad I checked it out(instead of working on the term paper i need to have done by Tuesday, hah). I can't wait to read more. Is there a way I can get on a mailing list so i know when you update? Thanks.
Jay

Tannin posted a comment on Tuesday 19th July 2005 11:49pm

When is the next chapter coming out???

Anon posted a comment on Thursday 14th July 2005 3:41pm

A student exchange program... interesting. great writing. looking 4ward to reading more.

Malaskor posted a comment on Monday 11th July 2005 12:39pm

Excellent work on the story. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes on.

Just as an idea you might want to use the following location:

Wizard's Island - a relatively small island (well volcano) that rises about 700ft above the level of Crater Lake (caldera / Mount Mazama)... since I found the name of that island I had it running through my head when HP going to the US came up somewhere...

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing this with us.

Forrest Erbe posted a comment on Sunday 10th July 2005 3:47pm

Genius! Pure genius. I found your rendition of the trip to the "graveyard" to be truly inspirational.

Fasor posted a comment on Friday 8th July 2005 9:03am

quite brilliant story - i like the way you let the ministry fail to keep up with modern information technology yet the "Muggles" still tend to explain it away ;)
I am rather curious about the frogs - what would be the cause for them to appear ? was it even because of Harry or maybe something different or someone else ?

I think you write a great story that is very "realistic" in HP canon with many details uniquely yours

I hope and i think it looks like Harry will be going to the U.S.A. soon which i was hoping was already the case at this amount of chapters though i keep finding installments of "Harry Potter and the endless summer" good reads despite the date moving slowly ;)

I look forward to reading your ideas of the american wizarding culture and enjoyed the "preview by dumbledore" about a rather wild mix of different magical cultures from all over the world as opposed to the traditional british approach.

Cheers
Fasor

PS: Please excuse any torture of the english language - i'm a german (hello from Berlin) and have never been to an english country for more than a holiday - my english is a product of average teachers and too much time spent on internet games and reading ;)