Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

ladyimmortal posted a comment on Monday 7th January 2008 2:06pm

ROTFLOL! HEDWIG! Oh my gosh that was great.

Especially the "Great Post Owl" Rebellion at the very end.

'Scusy while I die....

WindWolf posted a comment on Sunday 6th January 2008 9:17pm

LOL! Oh I love it! She has always been his most loyal friend. (giggle) WW.

HWLLHP posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd January 2008 8:07pm

I've just added this story to my personal HP Fanfiction Hall of Fame. http://philautos.livejournal.com/tag/hp+fanfiction+hall+of+fame

Ishtar replied:

Thank you very much!   I'm glad you liked the story.

saphiresnowlady posted a comment on Saturday 1st December 2007 12:28am

Well, i thought it would be Hedwig, but I didn't expect Harry to turn into an owl. I liked that twist. Good job.

FrequencyQueen posted a comment on Saturday 17th November 2007 5:42am

Ironic that Dumbles gets what he supposedly wanted - Harry a happy ending - but doesn't get his way (manipulating Harry one last time) in the end. Funny story!

kutekess posted a comment on Thursday 25th October 2007 12:57am

please write the 20yrs later bit!

Cat Feral posted a comment on Saturday 8th September 2007 1:51pm

Yikes! I tried to make a few corrections in the first section of my rather long review - and ended up posting it twice! Ish, can you delete the first one of those "Part Ones" I posted and keep the second one?

Anyway, Onward!

Review, cont.:

<snip>
… "Fortunately I'm not at all inclined to give Voldie or any of the Death Nibblers another chance, so you can all rest easy."

* snerk * "Death Nibblers!

"So who loves me the most? Could it be my mother? She was willing to die for me, after all."
He looked speculatively at the silvery ghost of Lily Potter, who smiled tremulously, hopefully at him.
"But she wasn't willing to live for me, was she? There were other protective spells she could have done.

The Hell, there were! If there were other options, more people would have used them, and Harry’s survival wouldn’t have been so amazing! This kid needs a good swift kick in the attitude!

And she wasn't willing to make sure I never went near her magic-hating sister, did she? I found out, you know, that there were other relatives or friends, on both sides, that I could have gone to. Should have gone to. Remus, even. Nobody at the Ministry knew he was a werewolf then. But my loving mother — and father — never bothered to write a will, to say where I should have gone, or to give me access to family property where I could have lived with a guardian instead of in Little Whinging, or even to leave me a letter to explain anything. So no, it won't be my mother. Sorry, Mum! Or my dad, since they're kind of a matched set. I'd hate to break up the pair. So, sorry, Dad, not you either."

Um… they did name their best friend as your guardian, Harry. Oh. Right. They should have known that he’d be framed for murder after their deaths, and would be unable to fulfill his obligations. How very thoughtless of them! If you want to blame someone for not putting you with some other relatives of your mother’s who could have qualified for the blood-spell, you can add that to your list of things to blame Dumbles for.

"How about Sirius, then?" Harry continued. "My godfather, the one who offered to let me live with him, the one who broke out of Azkaban for me, the one who died trying to save me?"
Now it was Sirius' turn to look hopeful, and proud of his exploits.

Don’t get your hopes up, Pads. Haven’t you noticed a certain "set-‘em-up-and-knock-‘em-down" pattern, here?

"Except he really didn't do it for me, did he? Oh, he offered to let me live with him, but somehow it never happened,

Well, that wasn’t his fault, you little git!

not even when he had a house of his own, protected by the Fidelius and a ridiculous number of wards. I needed someone else's 'permission' to stay there. He listened when Dumbledore told him to stay in the house and not speak to me.

Um… you told him that, too, Harry? Remember? In OotP?

<snip> Even when he escaped from Azkaban, it wasn't because of me, but because he knew where Pettigrew was. If it were for me, he wouldn't have waited twelve years to do it.

Um… I think the fact that Pettigrew was at Hogwarts where he could all to easily get at YOU, had something to do with motivating him, Harry.

He wanted revenge for himself. So no, he didn't really love me. He kept treating me like I was James. But I am [i]not[/i] James."

Okay, you’ve got a point, there.

"I just came to say thanks anyway," said Cedric. "And to wish you a good life. I wouldn't want you to bring me back."
"And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the true Hogwarts Champion. Don't ever forget him," said Harry. "Thanks, Cedric. It means a lot to me. Now let's get on to more reasonable choices, shall we? Like people who are still breathing."

Well, I’m glad Harry has something good to say about [i]someone[/i] in this whole mess!

<snip>"If I want a parental figure, I could do a lot worse than my dad's old friend, Remus Lupin. He taught me how to produce a Patronus that could drive off a hundred dementors, after all. But that's all he did. Like everybody else, he left me with the Dursleys for ten years.

Dude. Blood-spell. And Remus probably didn’t know whether Lily had any other relatives.

Twelve, on his part. And he never even tried to keep up a relationship after third year, either. Being a werewolf was no excuse; he knew I didn't care about that. No, he was too busy playing house with Sirius, even when Grimmauld Place was full of nosy teenagers." Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Remus go pale. "Did you think I didn't know about that, Remus? You grow up the way I do, you learn to listen for people's footsteps in the hall — and which rooms they go into."
Tonks' hair flamed red, she gave Remus a resounding slap across the face, and she stomped away, pushing her way through the crowd.
"Oops. Looks like someone else didn't know, though. Sorry 'bout that," said Harry.
Remus gave him a glare and headed off after Tonks, begging her to wait, come back, he could [i]explain [/i] …

Um… considering he and Tonks weren’t an item, yet, I don’t know that she has that much right to fly off the handle like that.

"Ginny? My damsel in distress? The one I saved from the basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets, thereby showing my undying love? The one who would wait patiently for her shining knight?"
<snip>
Harry didn't look up at her. "Except she didn't wait, did she? How many 'practice boyfriends' did she have while waiting for me to 'see the light'?

Well, what the hell was she supposed to do while you were trailing around after Cho, and barely noticing your best friend kid’s sister was alive?! Go into a convent???

And as for my undying love, what she doesn't realize is that I'd have gone down to the Chamber for anyone at that point. Ron, Eloise, even Draco.

Well, yes, but you don’t have to throw it in her face!

…On top of which, you've got a temper like your mother, and I've spent too many years being yelled at and slapped by experts to want to get into a relationship like that voluntarily."

Again, he does have a point, there.

Ginny promptly demonstrated her technique by taking a swing at him. Harry ducked, protecting the precious pink ball. Hedwig flew down from her perch, hooting angrily and going after Ginny's face with her viciously sharp talons and beak.

Uh-oh, I think I know who he’s going to choose!

Ginny fled shrieking, trying to get away from the bird whose attack was worse than a Bat Bogey Hex.
"And that just proves my point," said Harry as Hedwig flew back to settle beside him, a clump of red hair clutched in her talons. If an owl could look territorial, Hedwig did. Nobody else was going to be slapping [i]her[/i] wizard!

Um… nobody [i]else [/i]?

<snip>
Harry picked up the pink wish. "I wish to live happily ever after with …" and he whispered a name into the glowing ball. It exploded into pink brilliance that made everyone look away or go temporarily blind. When it faded, and the spots had gone away from their vision, they saw, sitting on the stoop, a pair of snowy owls, Hedwig and a male who was pure white except for a black zigzag mark on its head. With a joyous hoot, both birds spread their wings and sprang up into the air….

I was right! (Except that I was expecting Hedwig to turn into a beautiful woman with white, feathery-looking hair… )

"Oh. Oh, dear," said the ghost of Dumbledore. "I seem to have forgotten to tell him the part about his children vanquishing the next Dark Lord …"
Harry Potter did live happily ever after, although no one ever saw him again.
Twenty years later, the reign of the Dark Lord Iyanos the Merciless was ended by the Great Post Owl Rebellion. But that's another story.

[b]Bwahahahah!!!![/b]

Okay, maybe I took parts of this fic a little too seriously. I did like the ending, but Harry really was unnecessarily hurtful to a lot of people, before announcing his choice.

Very well written, but that goes without saying, for you stories, Ishtar!

P.S. I was tempted to be upset that he didn’t include Minerva in his list of possible "Happily Ever After" partners… but considering how he treated most of the others, maybe it’s just as well!

Cat Feral posted a comment on Saturday 8th September 2007 1:31pm

Harry Potter sat, exhausted, on the steps of the castle, surrounded by friends, fans, well-wishers, and people who just wanted to say they'd seen him on that great day. He just wished they would all go away. Hedwig perched overhead on one of the elaborately carved gargoyles above the door and hooted plaintively.

Well she could try splatting a few of them…

"What are you going to do now, Harry?" an anonymous voice asked from the crowd.
He was about to make a sarcastic comment about going to Disneyland,

Why not? It might make a nice change from what he’s been going through!

<snip>Harry looked up, to see the silvery, vaguely translucent, figure of Albus Dumbledore standing in a beam of sunlight.
<snip>"Don't tell me. You get to haunt me and give me advice to make sure I use it properly."

"Use the force, Harry!"

"No, I'm just here to give it to you, my dear boy, and afterwards I'll be back to my next great adventure … unless, that is, you want me to stay?" Dumbledore asked hopefully.
"Far be it from me to keep a man from his great adventures, Headmaster," Harry said witheringly.

Come on, Harry, can’t you at least be nice to the poor old guy when he comes back from the dead to talk to you?

<snip>
"That, Harry, is a Happy Ending. It's a special form of Wish which guarantees you a long and happy life with the individual of your choice, in a relationship appropriate to yourself and that individual."

Ah…! "In a relationship appropriate…"! That means, if he chooses Sirius, for example, it doesn’t all have to end in slash! I like it!
(TBC)

Cat Feral posted a comment on Saturday 8th September 2007 1:30pm

Harry Potter sat, exhausted, on the steps of the castle, surrounded by friends, fans, well-wishers, and people who just wanted to say they'd seen him on that great day. He just wished they would all go away. Hedwig perched overhead on one of the elaborately carved gargoyles above the door and hooted plaintively.


Well she could try splatting a few of them…

"What are you going to do now, Harry?" an anonymous voice asked from the crowd.
He was about to make a sarcastic comment about going to Disneyland,


Why not? It might make a nice change from what he’s been going through!

<snip>Harry looked up, to see the silvery, vaguely translucent, figure of Albus Dumbledore standing in a beam of sunlight.
<snip>"Don't tell me. You get to haunt me and give me advice to make sure I use it properly."


"Use the force, Harry!"

"No, I'm just here to give it to you, my dear boy, and afterwards I'll be back to my next great adventure … unless, that is, you want me to stay?" Dumbledore asked hopefully.
"Far be it from me to keep a man from his great adventures, Headmaster," Harry said witheringly.

Come on, Harry, can’t you at least be nice to the poor old guy when he comes back from the dead to talk to you?

<snip>
"That, Harry, is a Happy Ending. It's a special form of Wish which guarantees you a long and happy life with the individual of your choice, in a relationship appropriate to yourself and that individual."

Ah…! "In a relationship appropriate…"! That means, if he chooses Sirius, for example, it doesn’t all have to end in slash! I like it!
(TBC)

Hemotem posted a comment on Friday 7th September 2007 5:52am

lol great read thank you

Hemotem

Abraxan posted a comment on Wednesday 29th August 2007 1:22am

What a cute story! Well done!

Abraxan

HWLLHP posted a comment on Saturday 25th August 2007 3:15pm

Beautiful. One of my favorite characters, who rarely gets enough credit... yet it took me almost till the end to figure it out. (I do think there's a reason the main theme of the movies is called Hedwig's.)

I like the dialogue with Cedric.

ysabet posted a comment on Monday 20th August 2007 3:45am

Now THAT'S a reasonable wish. Except for the owl-pellets, because having to regurgitate mouse-hair lumps is just gross.

Ishtar replied:

Not if you're an owl ...

Amarin Rose posted a comment on Monday 6th August 2007 2:19pm

From the moment Hegdwig first hooted, I had a feeling it was going to be her. :)

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Wednesday 1st August 2007 2:24pm

Hmmmm. I think I predicted this one. Just to be obtuse.

Ezra'eil posted a comment on Friday 13th July 2007 1:22pm

Holy crap post wl rebellion eh?

Danielle posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 1:37pm

I KNEW HE WAS GONNA CHOSE HEDWIG.. Well, maybe I didnt, but it was so obvious when Hedwig defended Harry from Ginny. Oh this fanfic is so funny it brought a tear to my eye. I must go cry of the hilarity. GOOD DAY!

peter posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 1:09am

umm will you write that story? please?

Seth Blade posted a comment on Tuesday 5th June 2007 9:40am

Harry and Headwig, ain't never seen that pairing before. Funny as anything though.

Tehan posted a comment on Sunday 13th May 2007 7:41pm

You know, for some reason, I have never read a Harry/Hedwig fic that failed to amuse me. It may just be the OTP.