Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

carlos20dgm posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 7:36pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

good history

that good that returned I congratulate you for the dedication and waiting that you don't leave it so much time again

Register posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 8:54am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

YAY! You updated! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was waiting and waiting . . .

I feel bad for Dumbledore. The Addamses come in and toss everything up into the air and now he's left catching it as it call comes back down. Granted, I like the changes, but it's a lot to suddenly pile on the old man and he's already so busy with simply running things.

And Gomez getting Harry drunk? Priceless! I loved that. Anyone else might say, "No, don't feel depressed, you're still good, it's okay, buck up," and so on. It wouldn't have made Harry feel much better. Gomez says, "Hey, you're depressed, let's get drunk!" It was poetry. Drunken poetry.

Looking forward to the next chapter,
-Register

Jeadren posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 4:31am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

A long-awaited and much appreciated new chapter! ^_^ well done, and good job on keeping the story moving after the first Voldemort confrontation. There was only a small problem in the latest chapter (17), in the first section, paragraph eleven. There is a slight typo in the line: "Returning to the school, he had a second, proper luncheon in the Gread hall..." Other than that, it's up to your usual excellent standard. You have a talent for making the cannon characters react to some deliciously non-cannon situations in ways that make sense.

Clell65619 posted a comment on Saturday 28th June 2008 2:06am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Ok, this is absolutely the best crossover I've ever read, you've got the manic insanity of Gomez down pat (I swear I hear John Astin's voice when ever you've got Gomez running roughshod over Dumbledore.)

I believe you've got a unique take on Dumbledore in this story as well... I've seen Infallible!Dumbledores, Evil!Dumbledores, Manipulative!Dumbledores but never a Having Trouble Dealing!Dumbledore. Fantastic, and thank you.

Hekate101 posted a comment on Friday 27th June 2008 10:37pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

!!! I love this fic, and love this chapter even more. Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad...yes, yes, that allusion works here. Lovely characterisation, wonderful "High Ho"-ing, and I point and laugh at Dumbledore. The goblins, the dwarves, the elves....HAHAHA! Flitwick is great. Also...the elves. I can't get over the elves. *enormous grin* This is a wonderful chapter, and I can only cross my fingers and hope your Muse doesn't run of to the Bermuda Triangle.

CRose posted a comment on Thursday 26th June 2008 2:01am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

My favorite story returns! Dumbledore just can't handle change can he? He is old though and does like to keep things normal when he's in control. I can't wait to see more!

Yay!

crazynuts16 posted a comment on Saturday 21st June 2008 3:47pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

please update...pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!..

Carol Layland posted a comment on Friday 20th June 2008 7:30am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

This is the second time I have read this story. Please, pretty please add the next couple of chapters. Everytime I read it I laugh until the tears come. You are so good with this type of comedy.

matthew2c4u posted a comment on Friday 20th June 2008 4:03am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Ive heard of you from JBern and Disobedience writer, you didnt disappoint, worth my time defiantly :) cant wait for your next chapter

Elfwyn posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 2:07am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Sorry I meant "Fidelius" and wrote the chapter title instead.

Elfwyn posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 2:04am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Ah, welcome back to you and your muse! An amusing chapter like the rest. I enjoyed Remus telling Harry to use the soul fragment--something I don't think I've ever read. The elf war was funny and do you think they will drive Dumbledore to either drink or high blood pressure? Can't wait for the rest of this delightful tale. Speaking of which is your muse working on "Lady Fair"?

King Darius posted a comment on Tuesday 17th June 2008 11:01am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

good story so far. i clicked on this more out of curiosity than anything else. i wasn't exactly sure an HP-Addams Family crossover would work, and im a FAN of crossovers, granted, they're usually BTVS crossovers, but still, their crossovers. i think you did a pretty good job doing it too. i hope you update this story soon.

kittykat91419 posted a comment on Tuesday 17th June 2008 12:21am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Wow, I just discovered this fic as a rec, not recalling where, but probably indirectly from Aspen in the Sunlight's AYLNO group. I love reading this and laughing over it. Your characterizations are wonderful! I'm growing more attached to the not-so-good versions of Dumbledore. I blame it fully on growing up, and learning to see the world more in greys. Anyways, keep up the wonderful work!

Banner posted a comment on Monday 16th June 2008 10:24pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Gomez is a really good father.
I'd be sympathetic to AD, if I didn't pretty much despise him. I'm delighted that you updated. Thanks for lifting an unpleasant day.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Monday 16th June 2008 2:05am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Hi, What a wonderful story you have here. I enjoyed it very much. A very long time ago I was a total fan of the Addams family and the crossover is just perfect and fits in with HP extremely well. It had me laughing from first to last. Please continue with this version of Harry Potter and please let me know when you post again.

frankocsic posted a comment on Sunday 15th June 2008 4:04pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

very nice story here. adams family rocks! lol. this is the only crossover of this kind that i've read, and i was skeptical at first because the two is just so different. but you did a great job integrating the two worlds. everything works. and it's ironic to think that the adams is bringing hogwarts to the 20th century. very entertaining and enjoyable. very nice job! update soon!

darthloki posted a comment on Friday 13th June 2008 8:45pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

<i>"Next week we’ll see what grapeshot and chain can do to a body …"
"You most certainly will not!" Dumbledore barked. "There will be no shooting at people at this school!"
"I was going to use a pig, Headmaster."
"That’s good to know, but still …"
"Humans are too hard to come by."
</i>

*cackles with laughter*

Jinx15 posted a comment on Friday 13th June 2008 2:21pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

I'm so happy to see an update on this story. I only found it four months ago and totally fell in love with it.

Thank you so much for the update and sharing your vision of the HP world.

timmerator posted a comment on Friday 13th June 2008 11:05am for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

As I think back to when I first saw the old TV version of AF it meshes so well with the strangeness of JKR's little world. You have done quite a job of bringing the two worlds into orbit(collision) with each other. The only thing of note is that there really should be a whole lot more sexual inuendo and sporadic french as part of the Gomes tish interaction.
Good work, I have been entertained!
Thanks
Tim

Myene posted a comment on Thursday 12th June 2008 5:48pm for Albus Dumbledore and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

you're back! you're back!

Just as i was abotut o give up on the story, yea!

I love this crossover/au, and i love the way The Family is handeling Dumbledore.

One thing, in the snowfort part of the story, you wrote;"there was a "town-and-gown"" Is that a typo? If not, what does it mean?

Ishtar replied:

Sometimes when there's a large educational institution located in a city or town, they don't have the same interests and conflicts can develop between the institution, with its large but temporary population, and the town, with its permanent population.   The term "town and gown" refers to these conflicts, with "gown" representing the gowns or robes formerly worn by students and faculty all the time, now worn only at graduation.   The snowball fight was between students in the fort resembling Hogsmeade vs. students in the fort resembling Hogwarts.