Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

whydoyouhavetoknow posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2014 4:46am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

They are growing up very well. I like this.

reader1writer1 posted a comment on Saturday 12th February 2011 8:01pm for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

I'm enjoying this thoroughly. I can't wait to see what happens to poor old Dumbledore next :)

CeriK posted a comment on Tuesday 17th February 2009 4:00am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

There are indeed Harry potter condoms.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Wednesday 30th July 2008 8:49am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

Pugsley accidentally casting the A-K was decidedly Addams, as was Harry's Reaction ("Don't. Do. That. Again."). Harry Potter-Addams is definitely a far different wizard from Canon!Harry, and magical Britain won't have any idea what they are in for when they return. (Payback, with interest, for exporting the Beatles.)

Terdwilicker posted a comment on Tuesday 8th January 2008 3:02am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

As I read this, I realize, with some amusement, that the Addams family are Hufflepuffs. Their loyalty, their ability in potions and herbology, animal and magical creatures management. All three will sort into Hufflepuff. I hope that's what you've actually written in later chapters.

Also_Iris posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 6:35am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

Oh you answered my review.

So they are going to Britain later, to Hogwards, all tree? Now, that will be a Truly Terrible Trio!

As for dark new-world not-quite magical family back on ancestral grounds...
I can quite see the Addams visiting their British family members on Halloween. At a graveyard shared with one of the dark-death-eater families... I'll include the view as an appreciation gift. (If you'd rather I hadn’t, feel free to delete it.)

Mrs. Addams:"... yes a very dreadful thing to befall anyone, but the family prevailed of course, now his son, that would be great-uncle December, he then set forth to ..."

She turns to look at the middle aged man and woman that had been approaching them, both with a curious twisted face that seemed to try to depicture astonishment, horror and awe at the same time.

Mr. Addams: " Pleased to meet you, what did you say your names where just jet? I am Gomez Addams and these are my lovely wife Morticia, my brother Fester and grandma. The children are searching the rest of the graveyard for more family members to wake tonight."

The man seemed at loss for words for some reason and just nodded, but the woman remembered how to use her tongue:" Merope Nott, so pleased to meet you. My husband, Abraha. I do believe your have a son and daughter in our sons year at Hogwards?"

...

"... no we are here to salute our ancestors only, we do not 'wake' them. You see, Necromancy has been illegal here in Britain for over two centuries, very unfortunate." said Abraham Nott.

"Illegal!" Gomez cried, "to visit ones ancestors, properly greet them and get them up to date on how the Family is faring. Illegal? An Holy Duty it is! Illegal, an outrage! Up the barricades, overthrow those who mean to suppress us!" Gomez had climbed upon one of the half buried grave stones to gain some height and was waiving around with his cigar as if addressing imagined masses.

Mr. Nott while being somewhat disturbed by the theatrics could not agree more. "Oh Yes. An outrage. And the silly law states that it is to protect the rest of the deceased against disturbance."

At this Gomez jumped of the grave stone and landed just in front of one of the walking dead. " Felonius Nocturus Addams, my dear great-great- great-great-great-Grand-Father and great- great-great-great-grand-Uncle, please do tell me, am I disturbing you?"



As for the current chapter:

And of course the words they tried first were the classics: "hocus pocus" and "abracadabra."

Uh oh...

Grandmama showed the children a book that said that Hocus pocus was only part of a longer incantation. The first part was a distraction. The second part, tontus talontus, created a flash and a bang. The third part, vade celeriter jubeo, was a disappearing spell. Put together, the whole spell was very useful for a traveling magician, and each part could be used separately as well.

And there was I thinking it was all tricks and mirrors.

Brilliant! To have a six year old throw an unforgivable curse. Too absurd for words :D

Look, you wouldn’t give a six-year-old a loaded gun, would you? Never mind, maybe you would.
Of course, it would be great fun to play with, and the House would keep them safe.
By the way, I love it how you made the House semi sentient, it fits for a magic dwelling place.

And Morticia can do a mild spell, either with a practice wand, wandless or she's hiding a real one somewhere. Of course Addams don't kill, Accidentally :-)

The first rule about enemies… LOL

So Charles Addams left Britain one year after the Statute of Secrecy came in effect, I wonder if there is a story to that. And whether the Addams retain some 300 year old habits that the British magicals have forgotten. If they do they might very well appear to be purer than the purebloods, culturally speaking. Oh the drama that could cause…

I am so anticipating where you go with this story, each chapter adds more potential. And it is nicely spaced to; too many stories starting with Baby-Harry go though every nappy that needs to be changed.

He also let Harry read one of the biographies that had been published about him, and helped him compose a letter of outrage to the publisher.
*snort*

The Satanists ... that nearly caused me to spray my tea.

delta16669 posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 11:16am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

WHOOT!!!!!!! Im from Vermont. Nuff said.

Also, love where this is going.

Cat Feral posted a comment on Friday 10th August 2007 11:23pm for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

He quite forgot to take Harry and Wednesday’s wands with him.

"Hocus pocus," Morticia whispered as he left.


Hee-hee!

"Right. Voldemort probably knows that, too. So if he does ever come back, he’ll come after Harry. And since we don’t want him to come here …."

Harry shivered, thinking of his dream of the House burning down. No, he certainly didn’t want Voldemort to come here!

"…we’ll have to go there."

"We? Not just me?"

Aunt Morticia reached forward and ruffled Harry’s already messy hair. "We. We’re Family, Harry. You know what that means. Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatus nunc."

"‘We gladly feast on those who would subdue us’," replied Harry. A smile came to his face slowly. "Voldemort doesn’t stand a chance."


Amen!

csktech posted a comment on Wednesday 9th May 2007 3:33am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

This is just a gem. I'm reading it again for giggles and had the most evil thought, I sorta wished that teh Addams had a heard of Snorkacks rambling around the place.

ok so it's silly, Keep going on this one.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 18th April 2007 4:44am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

Very good.

gunny

Elysian posted a comment on Thursday 5th April 2007 8:25pm for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

Wow. I live in East Bridgewater, Massachusetts and even I have barely even heard of the Bridgewater triangle. Mostly something I remember of what was written in an article in the local paper a few years ago. Horray for the obscure!!!

Ishtar replied:

Hooray indeed!   I'm a student of high weirdness, and find a magical world that exists in the real world to be the perfect place to insert it!   I've been to Salem, and it's far too crowded a place for the Salem Academy of Witchcraft to fit easily, so I decided that they moved the school to a less crowded area some time ago - the swampy area of the Bridgewater Triangle, which already had a reputation for strangeness.   They have no neighbors, the kids can experiment with things and nobody will notice, the occasional space alien drops in to visit - it's perfect! :-D

All the weird stuff I mention in New Jersey is real, too!

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 16th November 2006 6:02pm for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

Very good. It is great to see Harry learning so much from the Adams family. I like Grandmama's method of teaching potions. It is like cooking no matter how much Snape says it isn't! Of course Dumbledore isn't going to give up! Where would the story go if he did? It just wouldn't be the same with out the old man's meddling! So let's see what he is going to try this time. Thanks for writng. pms

The Resident posted a comment on Thursday 16th November 2006 1:07pm for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

Looks like Harry got a 'normal' Addams upbringing. Ought to help him a lot in later life. Keep up the great work, lovely lady.

DreamRed posted a comment on Thursday 16th November 2006 6:10am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

Brilliant story, and one of the best cross-overs in the HP fandom I've read. Very interesting choice, but so well carried out that it seems natural. I look forwards to the next chapter.

AO posted a comment on Thursday 16th November 2006 5:12am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

This is extremely excellent. Gomez is dead on and the premise is an interesting twist.

CRose posted a comment on Wednesday 15th November 2006 8:40pm for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

Heh, you might want to describe one of the tutors being driven from the house screaming. It's a staple of the Addams Family mythos. Having Harry be a part of it would be halarious. So what's the old codger going to try next.

Heh

Fate posted a comment on Wednesday 15th November 2006 3:04pm for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

I loved the ending to this chapter!
Wonderful story!!!

whimsical007 posted a comment on Wednesday 15th November 2006 2:45pm for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

"The Satanists were starting to leave a lot of junk (mostly beer cans) at their circles and were being very sloppy about their practices, so the children arranged black candles and wrote runes on the stones and left a sacrifice at one of the spots they frequently used, just to show them how it should be done. They were rather disappointed when the Satanists didn’t come back after that."

They just don't make Satanists like they used to. (Who... I mean what did they sacrifice?)

selenepotter posted a comment on Wednesday 15th November 2006 7:47am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

I always thought Pippi Longstocking would get along well with the Addams kids. Perhaps she'll go the Hogwarts in the same year as one of them?

Great Fic!

More Please!

Ian Morgan posted a comment on Wednesday 15th November 2006 3:56am for Growing up Addams: Abracadabra

fantastic chapter