Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

whydoyouhavetoknow posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2014 4:41am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

Ah, Dumbles, you're an idiot.

Riegert8 posted a comment on Friday 16th September 2011 11:49pm for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

I thought that Dumbledore got lucky, I feel he should had been locked up for an couple of months. But at the end Dumbledore got away with his crimes

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 15th November 2009 7:44am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

Why does Bumbles always get away with so much. He can not be the important to the world and have so few enemies that he would not be tried for so an illegal showing. At least he would be persona non grata in the US if not most of the world. Who could allow such tampering of the courts and who would allow such a criminal to be head the international? It isn't like he is one of the many tin-pot dictators that rule the UN.
I do implore you to update and continue this story.

Aurilia posted a comment on Friday 1st February 2008 3:53pm for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

Fantabulous fic, Master Ishtar. It's got me howling with laughter more often than not - I think my mom thinks I've completely lost what little of my mind I had left!

One little 'issue' I noticed in this chapter, though:

"Not all of the parents were easily reachable, of course, since most of them worked, and it was not surprising that Morticia and Gomez got *their* first."

I believe you meant 'there'. ;-D

Thanks for the great read thus far, and I hope to see an update soon!

Also_Iris posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 2:32am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

"For real, or pretend?"

And only an Addams could ask this question seriously. I love how you depict the Addamses, I hope however we get to see some of the characters from the books to.

After Harry discovered his special ability, he did draw one line — he wouldn't eat anything he could talk to, which ruled out rattlesnake stew.

LOL

The way the Addamses are running circles around Dumbledore are nice to. I believe he should be very happy they devote themselves to the family and not to say international wizarding politics. I take it that Gomez knows about the Potter heritage including wizengamot seat? I wonder if he is saving the Potters political and economical power for strike three.
The intelligent thing to do would be for Dumbles to explain the Vapormort situation and try to become allies. But then he would not be in controll.

jalva200 posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 8:29am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

I hope dumbledore dies a horrible death.

And ron i hope ron dies being eatten by spiders HAHAHAHAH

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 18th April 2007 4:11am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

Very good story and well thought out and well written.

gunny

neil.reynolds@earthlink.net posted a comment on Monday 20th November 2006 6:38am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

I'm pulling for all three to be sorted into Hufflepuff.

No one takes them seriously. Everyone will assume they're harmless. So, when the entire house (enamored with the inherent loyalty in the Addams family) joins in with an attack on Snape, all the teachers, or the whole school, they won't know how to react.

How will Draco react when the Huffs no longer cower in fear of his gang, but try to scalp him? (That might be a too obvious derivation from the second movie, but I'm sure you could find some other deadly theme to hang here)

If you want some suggestions, I always thought Guy Fawkes night was underused. Explosives under the Staff or Slytherin table? After all, if the administration fails to listen to the peaceful complaints against Snape, the next logical step is open revolt, surely. And the gunpowder plot was the only significant attempt to revise parliament that had a chance of success.

Another thing I'd like to see would be the children leaving hints that they could visit the other house's dormrooms with impunity. Who cares if purebloods know more spells, if your enemy can bypass your wards when sleeping. Sure the Slytherins might be able to bully and beat up the Huffs, but if they realize they might not wake up some morning, they might not be so keen on animosity.

I'll be happy with whatever you write. these are just the plotdevils whizzing in my brain after reading this.

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 16th November 2006 5:34pm for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

It would appear that Dumbledore has put his foot in it big time. It would have been better if he had gotten to know the Adames' better and become a friend instead of an enemy. Harry may not be going to Hogwarts afterall! That would be too bad. I look forward to see where you go from here! Thanks for writing. pms

The Resident posted a comment on Thursday 16th November 2006 12:40pm for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

I just love seeing Manipulative!Dumbledore put in his place and you did a wonderful job of it. I couldn't stop smiling for a very long time. Keep up the great work.

olfrik posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 7:28am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

That's a great story, I never thought such a crossover would work, but you did great. I just hope you dont re-enact the canon books when he gets to Hogwarts. And dont start shipping to soon, it ruins all the good stories, when they meet the love of their lives when they're still kids. And personally I hope for an open-minded, well-informed, ambitious and skillful Harry. Not the dumb kid we all know from PS. Keep it up!

Patrick posted a comment on Monday 13th November 2006 2:02am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

This story is really good.I like how the Addams live in the grey between worlds.
As for the differnce between how Amercians treat magical childen and how the Brits do has more to do with that Amercans are not working agenst 1000 years of tradions and customs.No to mention entreched old blood familes who hold power.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Sunday 12th November 2006 10:41pm for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

It read, quite succinctly, "Strike two."

Hehehe.

I don't think he'd survive a third strike.

Excellent work. Loved reading it. I wonder if
excess magic from a develping wizard could spark
off the developing cores in what would normaly be
squibs. It'd explain a lot.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Ishtar replied:

I wonder if excess magic from a develping wizard could spark off the developing cores in what would normaly be squibs. It'd explain a lot.

Maybe, but I'm not going to get into that level of speculation, because it isn't necessary for this story.   Wednesday and Pugsley would always have been magical. It skipped generations from Grandmama.   Because of Harry, they found it out early.   That's all.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Sunday 12th November 2006 11:03am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

I hope Dumbledore's not nuts enough to try for a strike three. Just let Harry be, until Hogwarts sends him his letter.

CRose posted a comment on Sunday 12th November 2006 12:07am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

I'm really beginning to enjoy this. I have a feeling that the Addams family is quite extensive and will make Harry's Hogwarts years quite inteesting with their visits. Heh, They'll drive Dumbledore mad.

Mikee posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 11:03pm for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

What an imaginative story. I am so enjoying it.

Normally I don't care for crossovers, but for some reason, I decided to read this one. You really hooked me when you decided to have the Addamses live in my old hometown, Westfield, NJ. I have to laugh a little at myself, as I recall thinking, 'I hope they're on my old street.'

I really like how you've characterized everyone, and that Pugsley and Wednesday are also magical.

I am quite looking forward to more, please,

Thank you,
~Mikee
Scooter7232@cs.com

Ishtar replied:

:D !   I was wondering if anybody from the local area would read the story!   I've lived in the area for over twenty years and read Weird NJ regularly - so a bit of that crept into the story.   Westfield was the home town of Charles Addams, and he modeled his Addams Family house on two houses in town, one on Elm Street and one on Dudley.   My husband and I went to scope those houses out from the sidewalk before I started writing, and that's when I discovered Arcanum Hall.   (Also a very nice little magic shop downtown.)    There are many beautiful old houses in that section of town.  The Addams Family House as  I describe it, though, would  actually be located further west, probably in Springfield or Mountainside, on a road leading up from Rt. 22 into the Wachungs.   But for purposes of the story and as an homage to Addams, I'm calling it Westfield.

My mental model of the House is a combination of three houses: one I lived in in Plainfield for a couple of years; one  in Hempstead, L.I. that  I helped paint with some friends from  church when I was a teenager; and one that was not far from where I grew up in Massapequa, L.I., that was this massive Second Empire thing (with tower!)  in the middle of a block of post-war development houses, with coffin-width doors, red satin curtains, and a black wrought iron fence around it.   I swear it APPEARED and DISAPPEARED when it felt like it, because there were times I looked for it and it just wasn't there!

scott2 posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 6:16pm for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

very enjoyable and hope for more soon, would like on the children themselves too, especially wensday, she rocks! :)

Terry Swain posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 2:23pm for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

Great chapter. i love this story. :)

Kali posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 12:43pm for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

This is completely fantastic! I am in love with your story premise and can't wait to see how Harry is going to end up like.

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Saturday 11th November 2006 10:37am for Growing up Addams: Accidental Magic

This is one of the most unique crossovers I've ever encountered. I love it! Please, update this very, very soon!