Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

pstibbons posted a comment on Monday 3rd July 2006 5:29pm for Birth of a Traitor

this is one of the two best mwpp/peetigrew fics I've seen so far. The first is theUnbroken Universe. If you can match a fraction of that (which you are more than doing so far) you will have done well.

Actually this could beat the UU.

The descrtiption of Remus' misunderstood split was good. I also liked Peter being an Equal Marauder. And yes, I caught the Seamus reference.

Muirnin Cocan posted a comment on Monday 22nd May 2006 4:50am for Birth of a Traitor

Goodie... another chapter down towards the new chapter... Ok, I am NOT that slow of reader but I did have to take time out to read the new one that Keith and Herman have collaborated on! *LOL*(So I could devote more time to reading this!)

I think on multiple readings, I find more things I like about this story... the fact that you give such detail into what all Peter did for Remus on the Marauder Project and then how he ended up being contacted by Cold Moldiewart and how he ended up spying... it really adds more to the whole mystery about the way things were done in Canon... but then you know my motto... Damn the Canon... (*grin* I won't go further since it would definitely go into the Harmony phase of my statements!)

As Always,
Muirnin - Who has Blot Punnies going through her head about 4 baby kneazles being brought to Harry by Hedwig!!!

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 22nd May 2006 4:17am for Birth of a Traitor

Good story so far, good angle to the story.

gunny

hholidays posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 4:47pm for Birth of a Traitor

Oh goodness. Your backstory on the turning of Peter is so believable. I have never read MWPP era stuff and so I've never read a story which deals with the issues of the betrayal. This is coloring my understanding of the books so well. Characters with depth and believable motivations! Thanks.

dragongirlg posted a comment on Wednesday 12th April 2006 6:41am for Birth of a Traitor

This is a really wonderful fic! You've made MWPP and Lily very three-dimensional and very realistic; I love how you show how Peter's mind works and the reason for his betrayal. Your writing is very good; it flows easily and draws me in very well. I'm going to continue reading - I can't wait to see what you do with the universe and characterization.

Dahlias posted a comment on Sunday 12th February 2006 7:45am for Birth of a Traitor

God, I feel sorry for Remus... :(

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 7th February 2006 2:12am for Birth of a Traitor

Ch.2 - - It really kills me that you are making Peter a likable character. I want to feel free to wish a thousand small Difindos to hack him up slowly.

But here, pre-that fateful night, pre-your AU for for all I know, you have gone and made him someone of substance and only sort of disreputable. Voldie's threat is understandably cowering.

Yet Peter is trying to prevent the ultimate betrayal - but then, that IS what your AU is all about.

Quite compelling.

Ishtar replied:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it so far. In every other fic where I've seen Peter, he's a sniveling, whiny little coward - or at the very least, ineffectual - and I've never thought the Marauders would hang out with someone like that. So here I've tried to show a Peter who has some strengths, but is out of his depth, to make his fall more poignant.

Rick Gale posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd January 2006 11:19pm for Birth of a Traitor

WOW! Talk about putting a human face to Wormtail! This almost makes you feel sorry for the poor man. But still, what he does to the family is unthinkable. Still, I wouldn’t want to be placed in his situation.

You can tell you are being set up for a heart-wrenching experience.

Kail Ceannai posted a comment on Tuesday 27th December 2005 1:50pm for Birth of a Traitor

I love how Peter really holds his own. Good plot constructing with how he came to leak information to Voldemort. Good job writing about the time after the fidelius was cast but before the looming fateful night.

linda posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 11:36am for Birth of a Traitor

nice so far. ^^

Manatheron posted a comment on Monday 7th November 2005 5:29pm for Birth of a Traitor

oh...

{tear}

Good start!

Eliew posted a comment on Saturday 5th November 2005 2:22pm for Birth of a Traitor

I like how you have make up the daily ongoings of the Marauders leading up to that fateful night, of how because they were all trying to help Remus, that they neglect the proud person himself. Of how Sirius, being ignorance of how the muggle world works, kept everything back until it's too late to be of use to Remus.

Nice background on how Peter became a traitor as well, before reading this, I often think it like most DEs, Peter would be the one to approach Tom, but in this case, you have shown him to simply take the easier path, as he have his own family's safety to put into consideration.

I like how even despite being under the Fidelius Charm, the Potters were being able to enjoy time with their son, and still have house elves serving them. But I have to ask, do you intend to explain why didn't the elves comes to the aids of their master when old Tommy boy comes visiting? If what Dobby have done to Lucius was any indiction, surely Tom will only be a little more difficult to deal with?