Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

PhiloWorm posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 9:43pm for The New Marauders

Ohhhh this is good I can't wait to see more Marauder pranks and stuff. I do hope you are a fast updater, cauze I wanna read this all day (and night) long.

Jamie46 posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 5:32pm for The New Marauders

:) Yay! Finally got a chance to read this! hehehehe. A really great chapter; I like how Snape is being *ahem* "adult" enough to not hate Harry forever and ever because of being Lupin`s "nephew". It`s good that he can be a bit more mature about that. :) I was amazed that Dumbledore offered to reSort him; and very glad that even McGonagall agreed with Sprout (and Harry). I wonder if Harry (and Peter) will ever realize that Seamus is in Gryffindor; I`m sure Peter hasn`t spoken of him, and with Harry not in Gryffindor, there`s not really any need for him to casually mention Seamus. :) Looking forward to that. Also cool how the four friends went into four different Houses. But they`re still together :) yay. Ok, gotta dash. But it was another great chapter; thanks a bunch for sharing!

Manatheron posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 3:26pm for The New Marauders

... just don't make harry a phoenix animagus please, it's been done far to much, and thank you for not having the other maruaders refer to him as 'Pronglet' also far to overused.

Keep up the excellent work.

Quizer posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 11:12am for The New Marauders

I liked the Hogwarts express spelling out messages in smoke, and the Patils' flying carpet. Its adding tiny details like this that make your stories stand out.

Wouldn't Peter have had to tell the Secret to Hedwig in order for her to be able to come and go at the Dower Estate?

I also noticed that Neville's parents seem to have made a full recovery, despite the abuse that was heaped upon them in chapter 4. I guess the people at St. Mungo's finally found a way to use the much-abused Memory Charm for something good, eh?

"By the way, Harry, what spell would you have cast if he'd pushed it?" - I really liked the realism of this question. It's a far cry from those stories that have Harry cast all sorts of spells before he even gets to Hogwarts.

till your next update
Quizer

Donald McLeod posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 6:55am for The New Marauders

Good reserch, I like your use of Sett. This I did not know. Of all the Hufflepuff storys Yours the most beliveable. Thank you for it.

viranne posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 4:47am for The New Marauders

Great chapter!

Snape will never be warm and cuddly towards Harry, and he wouldn't be Snape if he didn't remain difficult, but I really like how you have made Snape fair. I absolutely detest sugar-sweet Snape, and I am also not too fond of cruel Snape. This Snape will be interesting to see.

I can't wait till the next chapter!

EricThorsen posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 1:24am for The New Marauders

I liked this chapter, especially the potions class. You gave a valid reason for Harry to be in Hufflepuff, something that is not all that easy to do. I also like the idea that the new marauders are from all four houses. This will no doubt produce even more unique and amusing pranks. I do wonder what Sirius' and Remus' reactions will be when they find out that Peter has been dead for a while and is a ghost. You have succeeded in producing a cohesive and coherent "From the Beginning" AU, one of the hardest things any fan fic author can attempt. Good work

m4rk6 posted a comment on Saturday 7th January 2006 10:04pm for The New Marauders

Its a pretty good fic. I'm in a "gryffindor trio" mood right now though, or even "gryffindor four (with ginny) or six (with neville and luna)" so I guess I'll just bookmark you and return to reading when the mood leaves me.
Keep up the good work.

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 7th January 2006 9:46am for The New Marauders

Hmm. Your Harry makes more sense as a badger, doesn't he?

And Hermione shoulda been a raven in the first place.

Good changes. Looking forward to seeing Peter and Sirius talk.

BTW, caught the "nephew of the person who may have betrayed his parents" bit. Nice touch to see it's still lingering.

Snape/Malfoy animosity is a nice twist.

More overtly meddling AD? Hmm. Interesting to see where you take that.

Regress posted a comment on Saturday 7th January 2006 3:38am for The New Marauders

I LOVE IT!

The entire story up to this point is brilliant! Peter's character actually makes sense, everything in it is logical and it all ties together enough to be a great story without over doing it. Not to mention that it's a Harry Potter the Hufflepuff story, and there just aren't enough of them around, I mean come on! The kid is so loyal to his friends and family, it's OBVIOUS that Hufflepuff would have been a great choice for him. He is a bit of a slacker in canon, but that's Ron's influence more than anything, when it clearly shows that he's not naturally one, ie. the DA preperation, and quidditch training.

Keep up the good work, this story looks to be one of the great ones.

Tommy posted a comment on Saturday 7th January 2006 2:54am for The New Marauders

Eh... I accidentally set my account to not receive review responses on your latest answer... is there anyway to undo that? You'll probably have to reply to this email; shadow10@start.no

Hope you can help...

Tommy L.
aka
Shadow10

Mickey posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 11:58pm for The New Marauders

GREAT CHAPTER! I really liked Sirius warding his motorcycle against traffic wardens and Harry meeting the Grangers and Harry's sorting and...and if I continue I'll end up listing three quarters of the chapter as my favorite scene.

One thing, was the gold and red trim on the Hogwarts express in the book? If so it occurs to me that could contribute to the impression of Gryfondor as 'the best house'

Arkeus posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 5:00pm for The New Marauders

frankly, i would not have thought that Hermione could be anything but gryffindor, given that she has a need to act that is very griffindorish, but that's your call. i also disliked your thoery about magic, but it's true i never read one that i liked yet :/
Good work!

freakyfinger posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 4:14pm for The New Marauders

I love this story! I started it an hour ago, and read straight through! I love how baffled Snape seems to be by Harry. The only thing that seems odd is that Harry doesn't know, and doesn't seem to want to know about what happened to his parents.

xyvortex posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 1:06pm for The New Marauders

Another brilliant chapter! It's nice to see Harry settling in, though I think the Potions lesson could have been a little longer. (in my imagination, I had Harry so dissapointed in Snape's attitude, that he handed the book over to the professor, making Severus feel like an ass.) Yours worked great too, and I can't wait for next chapter.

Goyana posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 12:27pm for The New Marauders

Yay a new chapter, i love this story, please update soon... and Hufflepuff... unexpected but nontheless Nice... already interested in Animagus?, and the Marauders II? cant wait. Update soon!

FairyQilan posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 12:06pm for The New Marauders

Lol. Malfoy gets what's coming to him. Wonderful.

Mikee posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 11:03am for The New Marauders

Wonderful chapter. Loved that Harry is in Huffelpuff, and the way the H-Puffs were introduced to their common room, each other, and the ideals of the house was great. Loved it.
.
I quite enjoyed Harry's first Potions class, too. Oh, and that Severus thought Harry was pulling a joke on him with Remus and Sirius was exactly what I thought Severus would (.should.) do. I quite like how you handled that. Very well done.
.
Loved the whole chapter. Looking forward to more.
.
Thank you.

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 10:56am for The New Marauders

I think I'm having trouble writing reviews for this story, and I don't honestly know what I'm going to do in future reviews. I really don't want to try to predict what happens next, because that's not really "reviewing." I usually try to point out a mistake or typo to be helpful, or provide a short bit of constructive criticism, but I can find no faults with this story. I usually try to encourage the author to write faster or to get that next chapter out soonest, but I honestly don't want you to change a single thing you're doing, and even if your posting schedule has not been the MOST regular, you've yet to leave us hanging for too long.

I want to say that I think this is the best chapter yet, because you seem to be moving from a more descriptive manner of storytelling to something that feels more interactive, but I simultaneously find it impossible to say that the previous chapters were in any way less well written or enjoyable.

I'm really stuck here. Total quagmire. You've completely destroyed my method of reviewing, something that has served me well for almost ten years.

So how about this - Hufflepuff was a totally expected, but uniquely implemented (and therefore surprising) turn of events (Have you noted all the paradoxes in this review yet?). I really like how much of a family you've made it, and wonder how you will deal with what happened in canon with Hufflepuff's "abandonment" of Harry over parseltongue and the GoF - if you actually DO choose to remake those plots. Canon-wise, I've always thought Peter seemed like a Hufflepuff before the betrayal, and felt Neville was always a Huff in Gryff clothing. I've also always been disappointed that that the house known for its loyalty and teamwork is also seemingly the weakest.

Snape almost seems redeemable in this story so far, and Merlin knows I've never said -that- before. Perhaps to him this Harry has moved far enough out of his father's shadow that Severus can see him as something other that a doppleganger of James.

I can't wait to read the next chapter. Bah, that did it, another paradox. Now I've written a review exactly to method while telling you you've made it impossible to do so.

I'm so confused.

~cries~

kittykatluver posted a comment on Friday 6th January 2006 10:26am for The New Marauders

Aw. How wonderful!! I like it!