Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Wednesday 8th October 2008 8:57am for The Facts Of Life

Another note: calling an Australian Aborigine an "Abo", is about as insulting as calling an African American a "nigger"

Kalen Darkmoon posted a comment on Monday 19th February 2007 6:49am for The Facts Of Life

My apologies for getting on a soap box in my last review. That really wasn't my intention, it sort of crept up on me when I started the review.

I even forgot that I wanted to particularly point out how hilarious I thought Ron's comment was.

"Why on earth not? It's practically the national sport for teenage guys. After Quidditch, I mean," Ron clarified helpfully.

That was absolutely great and very 'Ron'.

Kalen Darkmoon posted a comment on Monday 19th February 2007 6:38am for The Facts Of Life

Excellent chapter! I love how supportive the Weasleys are to Harry.
I especially like the whole bit about "The Talk" because I can very much see Harry being ignorant of the whole thing. It being exactly because of the Dursley's abuse and their fixation on what they deem 'freakish' behavior.

Its a real shame that a great many (mostly Western culture) kids are brought up ashamed of their bodies and afraid to do what should come naturally. And it is perfectly natural.

Those ideals along with the sexual mutilation of children (both - boys and girls) is perhaps one of the greatest damages inflicted upon mankind by Judeo-Christian and Muslim religions. (aka male circumcision by Jews/Christians/Muslims and female 'circumcision' by Muslims) Its very sad that so many people are denied such parts of their sexuality beginning just days after their birth into this world and then further ingrained through mental reinforcement in our shame of our bodies and sexuality.

Surely I'm not the only one to find it disturbing that here in the U.S. people go nuts over nudity on TV and in media but don't even blink at depictions of violence? That more than anything shows just how much damage has been inflicted on human social interaction and mores over the years.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd August 2006 4:35am for The Facts Of Life

OK. Fair enough regarding DADA. I absolutely adored the wank conversation. Poor Harry is going to be bright red for days so he'll fit in nicely with the rest of the clan. Wonderful writing.

Sydney posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd November 2005 12:38am for The Facts Of Life

ROTFLMAO poor harry, I've never read a story where he went through that!

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Tuesday 4th October 2005 3:55am for The Facts Of Life

"Why on earth not? It's practically the national
sport for teenage guys. After Quidditch, I mean,"
Ron clarified helpfully.
ROTFLOL!!!

Yes! I was hoping he'd get "The Talk!".