Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Joseph Fritz posted a comment on Sunday 14th October 2007 9:33am

Excellent

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Monday 1st October 2007 9:54am

Great story - just, as I understand, chamomile tea is an American thing.

Ishtar replied:

Americans are unusual in that they drink it routinely as a beverage.   (I can't stand the stuff myself.)   However, chamomile tea is a medicinal treatment that has been used in Europe for hundreds of years and in the Middle East for thousands.   JKR has established that well-known medicinal herbs are used in the wizarding world (from mentions of aconite, wormwood and asphodel in the first book to dittany in the last).   Many of these herbs were believed to have magical properties in the Middle Ages, so it's not surprising that witches and wizards might use them - for them, they really DO have magical properties.   Any references I make to herbs are based on traditional   usages, modern applications, and magical lore.   For example, the references to ingredients in the burn paste in the Potion Master chapter are derived from the formula for a Chinese herbal burn salve, and the ingredients listed in the so-called "calming potion" (which are also in O'Dwyer's capsules) are in fact common ingredients in herbal sleep aids.   I can testify to their efficacy in RL Muggle use.   I'd imagine they'd be even more effective for a wizard.

fountaam posted a comment on Monday 24th September 2007 5:20pm

Hope that you'll have the time/inspiration to update your stories soon.

:)

silvergoddess posted a comment on Saturday 22nd September 2007 11:50pm

I'm don't think that you meant to do this, but instead of the Department of Mysteries you had written Department of Ministries in your fifth paragraph. Other then that you have a wondeful story here and I can't wait to read the rest of it! ^_^

Ishtar replied:

*facepalms*   This story has been up for years now and you're the first one that's noticed that.   I am soooo embarrassed!   *Puts it on list of things to fix.*

neldah27 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th September 2007 4:49am

This is a really good story. It's been 2 years since it's been updated, I hope the author just needed a break and perhaps something in his/her life stepped in to prevent a continuation. I hope that everything is ok now so that this story could be finished. It's a wonderful story, please continue!

neldah27 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th September 2007 12:21am

The Gardens of Avalon chapter was awesome! It was inventive, very imaginative and unique. Great story so far!

Hemotem posted a comment on Friday 7th September 2007 4:21pm

WOW!! just WOW!! I would love to see more of this fic I like what you have done so far and do hope to see more.

Thank you


Hemotem

Highbrass posted a comment on Wednesday 29th August 2007 11:38am

This is a great story. I love the different aspects of magic in other communities. I some of the other ideas you've brought together in this fic are great as well. Avalon was a favorite of mine so far. Really the whole story has me wanting more. I know you haven't updated this story in a few years. I do hope you pick it up again. It's one of the best ideas I have read so far. Very original. And that's hard to do now a day.
Highbrass

sarah15 posted a comment on Friday 17th August 2007 12:59pm

I really like your story but are you ever going to finish it?

Amazon Ziti posted a comment on Saturday 11th August 2007 1:20pm

I just wanted to drop a quick line to let you know I'm really enjoying this story. I'm writing one Harry-in-the-US story and have another percolating, and I really enjoy your take on it -- both takes, actually, as I'm a fan of "Family Values" as well.

I notice this story hasn't been updated since 2005... Is it discontinued entirely, or just on hold?

Either way, I'd like to thank you for writing.

~ AQZZ

Kin Pandun posted a comment on Friday 10th August 2007 4:21pm

Holy Crap! I can hardly wait for the next chapter's fallout, with everyone's reactions to seeing a picture of the young Tom Riddle. Also, I really hope that Harry eventually gives a series or one big interview to at least the Dark Lords editor. Big history buff speaking here out of a compelling sense of duty to The Record Of It All, but it would also help Harry get his side of it all (THE TRUTH!) out there to a wider audience, in a more dependable form than press snippets. I'd LOVE a POV from the Dark Lords' editor, as well as something from the general magical commmunity when the versions all get updated. There'll be quite a rush to buy more, don't you think?

Also, I'm hoping the snake is Harry's totem, especially considering the pendant coin on his neck. I'm sure it has a great deal of plot-relevant significance. Also, hears hoping that Harry will eventually receive some sort of couseling. He needs it to take the pressure off. I think Two Bears would do well in this instance.

Speaking of Two Bears, I'm thrilled you included the vision quest thing. Have you ever read "White Buffalo Woman Comes Singing"? It's part autobiography, part broad-based story guide to vision quests and Native Spirituality.

Love American magic.

Thanks for writing,
Kin.

hjdevnull posted a comment on Tuesday 7th August 2007 5:18am

I just read the entirety of this story in the past twenty-four hours. Great story so far. I see that nothing has been written in two years, just about, which is a shame. This is one of the most original HP stories I've read -- you've created a whole new dimension to the standard HP world, and your world-building is just as rich and detailed as Rowling's. I do hope that whatever muse you have inspires you to return to this world.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 6th August 2007 12:31pm

Holy shit, indeed, Harry. Holy shit, indeed.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 6th August 2007 11:45am

Snape, you are EVIL. You asked Harry those NEWT questions when he was a FIRST year. How was he meant to get them? And Hermione really IS a Know-it-All

Meggplant posted a comment on Sunday 5th August 2007 1:53pm

wow. WOW. it's now 2 am, but i just had to keep reading, even though i knew this was a WIP and hasn't been touched in a long while. you've started an absolutely brilliant story here, long, involved, with wonderful characters and a full plotline which promises much more to come. i adore your Harry - he's finally growing up, more in spite of the British adults than because of them, and meeting new people - i love that he's getting on with a Malfoy, and with Blaise Zabini.
please, if you have the time, drop me a note to say whether you're still working on this? if you are, even haphazardly, i'll keep it on my faves list and check back for updates every once in awhile. *g*
cheers, love it!
xoxox

LJG posted a comment on Saturday 4th August 2007 1:27am

Hi

Just found your fics and I've really enjoyed the two I've read so far (this one and Family Values). I think you've captured this particular story very well...you've convinced me that Harry really feels the way he does in here...and I'd love to see all the editors/newspaper people/historians begging him for the truth. :) I know it's been a while since this one was updated, but I'd love to see more here!

Lori

Patricia Lee Finley posted a comment on Thursday 2nd August 2007 10:47pm

I simply love this story. It's fun, complicated and has the potental to being really one of my favorites. I liked Two Bears, he reminded me of a teacher I had once or twice.

Gryfny posted a comment on Saturday 28th July 2007 1:04pm

Hi-

This is a great tale, an extremely enjoyable read, even though it hasn't hit major plots yet, it's still a great read. It's too bad it doesn't look like it's going to get updated anytime soon.

Stine posted a comment on Saturday 14th July 2007 2:15am

You can't leave us like this! Sure it didn't say abandoned nor complete but... can't you write more on this?

Cholera posted a comment on Friday 13th July 2007 11:16am

What a story !
I'm quite taken.
Thanks for writing.