Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Viridian posted a comment on Thursday 10th September 2015 12:43pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

Congratulations, you just blew my mind.

<<Your skill at plot-twist has advanced +1>>

jgkitarel posted a comment on Wednesday 8th July 2015 11:16pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

Huh, actually saw something like that coming, if not in that way.

keichan2 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th July 2015 3:29am for Chapter 4. Into the Past

"He kept stealing my stuff, eating my food." I wonder… Did he say that just out to be mean, or did he really convince himself that it was the truth?

"Um, somewhere else" Oh? Did he really forget? I mean, the other things he let pass were no less incriminating for his parents… ("Taught him not to get better grades than me. Dad said it was all right, made the teachers stop complaining about it" comes to mind…)

"with Dursley’s stories getting both more outlandish and more incoherent" And obviously, he was spelled to keep quiet about magic, because I can’t imagine him not slipping a good few times!

"a certain amount of reconstructive surgery" I had been wondering why Sherlock didn’t react to the "ugly scar, kind of zigzag, on his forehead" comment… He simply either do not have it anymore, or it was altered enough to not have this characteristic shape anymore!

"As he said the last words, something sizzled down his spine and made his skin tingle" Oho! :-)

"Congratulations. Don’t get used to it." Bwahahahaha!

I had been wondering, since last chapter, what Mycroft knows… I get the feeling that Mycroft knows MUCH about magic!

Thanks for the new chapter!

I hope to read more soon!

Ishtar replied:

Yes, Dudley really does believe Harry stole his things and ate his food.   His parents said so often enough when he was a child, and he internalized it. However, he had been told not to tell anyone about the cupboard. As for getting incoherent and outlandish, remember who was threatening to use Confundus spells on the family in Chapter 1 ...

The curse scar was mixed in with a whole bunch of other injuries on the forehead and removed by plastic surgery early on. Sherlock doesn't even have a clear memory of what it looked like.

mjc posted a comment on Tuesday 7th July 2015 6:06pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

Long time...no see...but not because I haven't been reading, just haven't found anything worth commenting on.

But, well..I figured it out at the end of chapter 1. Yeah, I know you well enough that you wouldn't have killed Harry off...especially getting hit by a car. And well, there really was only one place to go with a chapter ending like that...Baker Street.

And yeah...it's a fanon thing that HP is a runt. I thought somewhere in the 7th book it mentioned something about Harry being almost as tall as or as tall as Ron, who was 'tall'.

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Tuesday 7th July 2015 1:25pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

I had a feeling this is where the story was going and I like it quite a bit. :) Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for posting.

Amamama posted a comment on Monday 6th July 2015 11:40pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

Awesome! I was a bit hesitant at first, but this is great. Wonderful plot twist, and I do wonder what you're going to do with it. Sherlock!Harry is a brilliant idea. Yes, what would happen if Harry got total amnesia and had no idea who he was? Where is his magic, though? Were there no incidents of accidental magic in his later teens? What about the Voldemort connection? Surely the amnesia didn't cure that? Or is it cured because he actually died then, but then didn't because it was Vodemort's soul fragment that died? Very interesting. Love it, and look forward to finding out what comes next.

Ishtar replied:

Over the next couple of chapters we'll see more about Harry's magic. As part of "hidesafe", he suppressed it so thoroughly that even he wasn't aware of it, and until he started his career as a detective, he didn't encounter stressful enough situations to provoke outbursts of accidental magic. I think his spontaneous revival from being dead in the episode "His Last Vow" could be considered accidental magic, and in "The Blind Banker" there are spectacular examples of Quidditch reflexes. What happened to the scar and the soul fragment is hinted at in this chapter, but I might spell it out later.

vila posted a comment on Monday 6th July 2015 11:11pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

Wonderful story so far.

I have often wondered how Harry Potter would respond to a mentally stimulating environment with no fetters on his intellectual or physical growth. Perhaps he would grow up to be Sherlock Holmes.

Also it explains the strange combination of over-confidence and self introspection that you notice in Sherlock Holmes.

Keep the story going...

Thanks in advance.

Ishtar replied:

Aside from the issue of height (which I think is an artifact of fanon and Dan Radcliffe's height - there are hints in later HP canon that Harry grew out of being quite so vertically challenged), there are so many similarities between Harry and Sherlock that I couldn't resist this fusion. If you have access to the first season Sherlock episodes, look at The Blind Banker (episode 2). There are at least three instances where Sherlock makes catches of small falling, dropped, or thrown items without even looking at them, which struck me as the best example of Quidditch reflexes I'd ever seen. And there's also a scene where Sherlock appears to be trying to perform Legilimency on John without quite knowing how to do it. This made the fusion obvious to me.   I searched through FFN and AO3 and while I found a number of stories that paired Harry romantically with Sherlock (or, bizarrely, Mycroft), I didn't find anything where they were the same person. So I had to write it myself. :-)

Charles Newton posted a comment on Monday 6th July 2015 8:06pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

Gotta admit, was NOT expecting this little twist. Pretty good there!

Very happy to see you back writing again.

Hoss posted a comment on Monday 6th July 2015 4:39pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

This is just way to much fun!. Thanks

JudyRaie posted a comment on Monday 6th July 2015 12:44pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

I was closer to the truth than I thought when I said Sherlock was magical but I sure wasn't expecting this outcome. :)

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Monday 6th July 2015 4:16am for Chapter 4. Into the Past

A well written and unexpected twist.

Ishtar replied:

I'm glad you like it.

DrT posted a comment on Monday 6th July 2015 3:53am for Chapter 4. Into the Past

Well, that was an unexpected turn! Mycroft should be able to supply a back story for Harry Potter as well as an update on the wizarding world now that Sherlock can now legally be informed of the existance of magic

Ishtar replied:

Ah, well, Mycroft is a bit of a problem. He's a control freak who would definitely not like finding a whole segment of society that's been hiding from him for twenty years or more. And he definitely won't like the fact that they won't let him run them. He could be a worse threat to them than Voldemort.

Kaerion posted a comment on Monday 6th July 2015 3:31am for Chapter 4. Into the Past

I can't believe I didn't see that coming, but wow, I really didn't see that coming! Very interesting twist on things, that's making me rethink pretty much all of my assumptions about the future of this story, so congratulations on that! :)

Definitely looking forward to the next chapter now, so I hope life treats you well enough to let you keep writing, cause you've got me well and hooked now!

Ishtar replied:

Thank you!

Richard6154 posted a comment on Sunday 5th July 2015 7:35pm for Chapter 4. Into the Past

Awesome update. I had idly speculated that Sherlock might be Harry so Hooray Me but truly awesome storytelling.

Now the plot thickens, what's really going on, so many possibilities and will Harry regain his magic.

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more.

PS Please let Umbridge receive justice, preferably bloody justice.

Ishtar replied:

Go you for guessing it!   I tried to have enough information in the first three chapters so the reader could figure it out before putting the solution to the mystery here.