Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

keichan2 posted a comment on Wednesday 15th July 2015 11:04am for Chapter 5. Special Crimes Unit

"Male is named Thomas, female is Granger" Yes… That’s what I thought! Wonder if she will recognize him… (or at least wonder where she saw him before…) Though I wonder, now: if Hermione is working for the government, then Voldy is NOT at its head! So the real question is: What prevented him from doing so?

"Sherlock, did you just ask her on a date?" Oh? Is it really just because of the "promise of something new and shiny" or is it as for Hedwig? I mean: I’m sure he spent more time around Hermione than Hedwig (she spent most of her time at school at the owlery…) so it stand to reason that the way they used to work along might surface and push him in that direction!

Thanks for the new chapter!

I hope to read more soon!

Charles M Liddle posted a comment on Saturday 11th July 2015 4:45pm for Chapter 5. Special Crimes Unit

Doesn't say much about the competence (or lack thereof) of the Ministry;s so-called "investigation" if they didn't discover that Sherlock Holmes appeared when Harry Potter vanished. Unless of course elements of the Ministry (Dumbledore perhaps) did figure it out but elected not to disclose Sherlock/Harry's location for whatever reason. Eagerly awaiting Chapter 5...

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Saturday 11th July 2015 4:17am for Chapter 5. Special Crimes Unit

A very entertaining (re)introduction of Sherlock to the magical world. I especially liked how well and in character you wrote Sherlock's analysis of Dean and Hermione.

Great writing.

Thank you.

Joe Fenton posted a comment on Friday 10th July 2015 10:15pm for Chapter 5. Special Crimes Unit

Well, to be honest, the wizarding world hiding has NOTHING to do with witch hunts or persecution. With all the different methods of travel (apparition, portkeys, the flue system, enchanted brooms and vehicles), of hiding (disillusionment, muggle repellants, and even things like the fidelius), of coersion (confundus, obliviate, and up through the imperius), or even attack (numerous spells capable of fighting off muggles), it would be a sorry wizard (or maybe drunk) to be caught by muggles. More likely would be the family of a muggleborn, or possibly the rare muggleborn themselves, and we all know how little the wizarding world cares about them.

No, the real reason they hide was told to us flat out in the first book by none other than Hagrid, who has distilled that knowledge from long decades of overheard conversations from everyone from gutter trash in Knockturn all the way up to Albus Dumbledore himself:

HP: But what does a Ministry of Magic do ?

RH: Well, their main job is to keep it from muggles that there's still witches an' wizards up an' down the country.

HP: Why?

RH: Why ? Blimey, Harry, everyone'd be wantin' magic solutions to their problems. Nah, we're best left alone.

And there it is in black and white. Wizards are too damn lazy to help anyone beyond themselves. At the very worst, maybe some actually fear they might become like house elves to the muggles. They want to RULE mankind, not to serve it.

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Friday 10th July 2015 10:17am for Chapter 5. Special Crimes Unit

Fascinating. The fact that Harry/Sherlock is, apparently, no longer magical, will be quite the confusing item. Except that there's some evidence to the contrary, isn't there? Like his ability to see through the various enchantments and (perhaps most notably) the resistance when he traced the runes. Very interesting... very puzzling.

I look forward to reading more!

DrT posted a comment on Friday 10th July 2015 3:52am for Chapter 5. Special Crimes Unit

Excellent way to by-pass whatever info Mycroft may have for the moment (since Sherlock would prefer not to go that route, no doubt). I would hate to break it to Hermione, but her not keeping up with Muggle fashion enough to transfigure her outfit correctly shows she's thinking like a wizard as much as Dean.

Two Muggle-raised (if you go along with JKR's non-canon context that Dean's father was a wizard and Mr Thomas adopted him when he married Dean's mother) as aurors shows that Voldie couldn't have taken over at least. 'Using Harry' could mean lots of things -- their reactions to learning of Umbridge's card could be one of the most interesting things coming up! (or at least revealing). I wonder if Hermione knew Harry knew all those rune sets? (or if she wrote them out for him). Either way, I look forward to the next chapter.

mjc posted a comment on Thursday 9th July 2015 10:39pm for Chapter 5. Special Crimes Unit

Hermione is still...Hermione.

And boy will she be pissed when Sherlock does the final reveal...

TheSandyToadfish posted a comment on Thursday 9th July 2015 6:45pm for Chapter 5. Special Crimes Unit

This is a lot to of fun! Having spent ~6 years reading HP fanfic, I've found that a good crossover is far more interesting than a standalone HP story these days. And this is right up there.

Hope to see more updates soon.

josephus posted a comment on Thursday 9th July 2015 3:54pm for Chapter 5. Special Crimes Unit

This story continues to be great fun. I must confess that I am disappointed in miss Granger, however. I would expect her, at least, to know that Helen Duncan, the last Briton imprisoned under the Witchcraft act, and Jane Yorke, the last convicted under it, were both found guilty of fraudelently pretending to be witches. It was not a witchcraft trial, it was a fraud trial, and I wouldn't expect miss Granger to buy into such easily disprovable propoganda...

Ishtar replied:

Ah. That would be incomplete research on my part.   I shall revise it.