Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

keichan2 posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd July 2015 1:11am for Chapter 6. This Changes Everything

"as if she was seeing something else." Oh? I can’t help but wonder, here… ;-)

Hey! I just noticed! Hermione was talking about witches waiting for Harry instead of marrying… But did SHE marry?

OK! You answered my concerns about what Voldy had been doing! Though I will confess to wondering who other than Dumbledore killed him? Could it be Neville?

Anyway!

Thanks for the new chapter!

I hope to read more soon!

Ishtar replied:

Recall that when John was deducing Hermione, she wasn't wearing a wedding ring, and did not object to being called "Miss Granger". So no, she has never married.

Melferd posted a comment on Tuesday 21st July 2015 7:17pm for Chapter 6. This Changes Everything

Just found this wicked awesome gem! I love this story Hard! Thank you

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Tuesday 21st July 2015 1:56pm for Chapter 6. This Changes Everything

I really, really look forward to seeing what you do with this. Clearly you must have some kind of plan for how Harry/Sherlock can actually win, but I'm guessing it will take us a while to get there. Also, I'm picking up clues that somehow Sherlock's magic is still there, but locked away somehow? And there's some kind of obscuring charm on him that prevented Hermione from really thinking about the possibility of him being Harry... Could still be from those runes, I suppose. Or something else? I look forward to finding out.

It was also hilarious to hear Hermione describing Harry to Sherlock. Must have been a bizarre experience, even for him. The way you did it, though, one could see how most of the traits still fit Sherlock...

dmacx posted a comment on Sunday 19th July 2015 4:48pm for Chapter 6. This Changes Everything

"Some Ron Weasley-bashing."

Enough for me to skip the chapter and drop the story. I hope you have good luck with the rest of it.

Ishtar replied:

For what it's worth, it's not gratuitous, it's necessary to the plot, and it's for something Ron actually did in HP canon. I'm not into Weasley-bashing for the sake of it. Sorry to see you go.

Tenchifew posted a comment on Sunday 19th July 2015 9:12am for Chapter 6. This Changes Everything

Great chapter.

What the hell to do now, indeed.

Very good characterizations.

Thank you for writing.

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Saturday 18th July 2015 2:28pm for Chapter 6. This Changes Everything

An exceedingly well written exposition on how the wizarding UK got to where it is.

Micky0077 posted a comment on Saturday 18th July 2015 8:30am for Chapter 6. This Changes Everything

I have only been able to see the first season/series(?) of Sherlock so far, but I am truly enjoying this little romp. You are doing a fantastic job of narrateing this at a pace which is keeping me at the edge of my seat, but I do sometimes wish you weren't so good at dangleing a hint that something is about to be discovered just before pulling the rug out and revealing something different. I was sure Hermione was about to figure something out and then all of a sudden some spell-like effect occurs and we find out the Harry/Sherlock connection seems to have some sort of Notice-me-not/Fidelious on it that causes people to pass right over for something else. Now I have to wonder where the effect is coming from. Is it a hold-over from something Dumbledore did? Something Harry did before? An accidental magic type of thing caused by the accident? Maybe Harry wanted so badly to not be "the Harry Potter everyone is looking for" (wasn't he chanting "hide" during his escape? I forget the details and I don't wanna leave this page to go look), that he accidentally-on-purpose magic-ed himself unplottable or something. So many good threads to look at. I find myself wondering what will happen next with John and all the discussions that MUST come from this. And then there is the discussions I assume will be happening with Mycroft.

SO looking forward to next chapter... and a little frustrated because I know (deep in my heart) that we won't get many more answers in the next chapter... or at least not enough to answer ALL the questions I have so far, plus whatever new questions come up during that same chapter. Great job!!

Ishtar replied:

You've pretty much got it. (Though I'm not going to say which of your speculations is right because I'm evil that way.)

AlisonK posted a comment on Saturday 18th July 2015 4:08am for Chapter 6. This Changes Everything

If you're not happy, you're not happy, but for what it's worth I enjoyed this chapter and didn't have a problem with all the discussion. You have info to get out and you did it well.

DrT posted a comment on Saturday 18th July 2015 3:13am for Chapter 6. This Changes Everything

What now indeed? It seems Harry might have almost painted himself into a corner and hid under his cloak -- magic stops magicals from undercovering him, and since he himself is magical . . . . well, it will, as usual, be interesting and fun to see what happens next, but I bet I won't be the only reader to go back and reread the rune sets

Hopefully with your version of horcruxes, each time Volde's been killed it's cost him one to come back, or something similar. If Sherlock & Hermione have to hunt down up to six more, this could be a loooong story!

Ishtar replied:

Don't worry, I'm not going to rehash the Great Horcrux Hunt (I didn't like Deathly Hallows enough to make it worth rewriting it).   At most, there are two Horcruxes left, and one of them is Nagini.