Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

luiz4200 posted a comment on Tuesday 12th January 2016 9:06am for Hogwarts at Last!

Nice surprise taking Ron's "Everywhere else is full." line and giving it to Hermione.

whydoyouhavetoknow posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2014 5:24am for Hogwarts at Last!

Poor Sevvie, you're about to have your life ruined.

dezzal posted a comment on Saturday 26th February 2011 5:21pm for Hogwarts at Last!

you know i actually love the harry potter/addams family crossovers and there are so few of them. but you have essentially made the whole addams family ocs rather than stick to there characters. on top of which you dont even keep them in the character that you have created.you sit there and admonish hermoine for telling them all about herself and then in the next breath have harry tell her all about himself. well im not saying your story is bad because for all intents and purposes it seems like a good story.but for me i just cant keep going.

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Wednesday 30th July 2008 9:26am for Hogwarts at Last!

Poor Severus Snape. Pugsley, Wednesday, AND Harry in Slytherin, Then, throw in Draco looking less like a prince than more of a nearly-drowned Gilderoy Lockhart clone. If he were smart, he'd start the seventh-years on pain-relieving potions; he (and Dumbledore) are going to sorely need them!

Aberbadger posted a comment on Thursday 24th July 2008 11:33pm for Hogwarts at Last!

with a call like that, shouldn't the owl be called fozzy?!

Ishtar replied:

Not if you know what's good for you.   She has a vastly inflated sense of her own worth.

Also_Iris posted a comment on Sunday 13th January 2008 5:49am for Hogwarts at Last!

The crowds parted almost magically for them, and they ignored the stares, whispers and occasional snickers. It was all part of being an Addams.

Grin

That way people underestimate you. Until it’s too late.
And that is one of the main rules Wednesday lives by isn't it?

But don’t let Aunt Morticia hear you saying Divination is ‘woolly’. She can give a cold reading that will knock your socks off.

And there is the secret behind the Families financial success. It isn't really venture capital when you know the risks involved.

He smiled sadly. "Where do you think the stories come from, Hermione?

Ah yes, there isn't any argument against that statement.
How do you come up with them - seriously.

Even Hermione, whose parents were dentists and who had been sent off with a bag of sugar-free treats and healthy snacks, happily abandoned them in favour of the joys of Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans.

Good, you made her normal!

"And do you," he choked out, "prefer your p-pumpkin juice shaken or stirred?"

;-D

The thugs, who Harry decided he would call Thing One and Thing Two,

No he didn't, that's insulting to the real Thing!

So, after stealing his werewolf they are now busy stealing Dumbledors deputy.
Will they be stealing Dumbeldors pet death eater too? That would be very difficult... as Snapes loves teaching so much he'd kill for the change to get an offer of sponsorship for doing research. It's going to be though negotiating, Addams style, but then Snape might even tolerate Harry for the coming seven years. He'd be his charming self for the first weeks of course. However, the Family will lock him into their arms once they find out it was all done pining over an Addams Daughter and thus entirely understandable.

And all the Addams children in Slytherin... I trust you to fill the house students of a varied political and economical background than the standard lot off rich spoiled inbred junior death eaters. If so the trios interaction with their House mates is going to be interesting. Merlin, they might very well tear the House apart!
And then rebuild it from the pieces :-)

I love it how Wednesday is compared to Narcissa, because however much I love her, it fits.

Ishtar replied:

No he didn't, that's insulting to the real Thing!

Quite right, and I need to go change that at some point.   Perhaps he'll call them the Wickersham Brothers ("Horton Hears a Who" reference).

However, the Family will lock him into their arms once they find out it was all done pining over an Addams Daughter and thus entirely understandable.

Well, not quite.   He did reveal the prophecy, which  lead directly  to her death ... so he owes something to the Family.   That will catch up with him eventually.

Quizer posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 2:32am for Hogwarts at Last!

I just read this chapter again - still a highly entertaining and funny read. I noticed that at the end of the chapter, Snape calls Malfoy the 'Prince of Slytherin' in his narration. Is that because it is all but a foregone conclusion to him that he will be sorted into Slytherin, or was that unintended?


Quizer

dzio posted a comment on Tuesday 27th November 2007 10:48am for Hogwarts at Last!

Ok, I usually save revievs untill I've read the whole story, but I just can't resist. The whole idea is brilliant, I enjoyed every page so far, even though I've never been an Addams fan (in fact I'm pretty much ignorant where it comes to the Family). And the last two chapters were just amazing. :] When I've read about a delightful haunted house with it's own cemetery I stopped, went 'Oh man, no way, NO WAY!' and laughed so hard my brother woke up and came to yell at me. I could see the Slytherin sorting comming and while it didn't really surprise me and I've seen several of those before, this one is by far the best. I would be making bets how long will it take the Horrid Trio to make Snape resign/have a severe mental breakdown/kill someone right about now, if only I had anyone to bet with. ;]

kagomefetish posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 2:01pm for Hogwarts at Last!

I really like this fic it is as original as you can get. I especially like the bit from Macbeth.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 19th April 2007 8:10am for Hogwarts at Last!

Interesting.

gunny

Jane Average posted a comment on Thursday 12th April 2007 2:58am for Hogwarts at Last!

Oh. My. Lord.

LOVED Snape's inner monologue. That was BRILLIANT.

Crys posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 4:25am for Hogwarts at Last!

Re-reading this chapter (you said it would explain why Wednesday isn't apparently performing all that well) and stumbled onto this line:

> then they realised Jordan was always like that.

That has GOT to be out of "Real Genius". Your sprinkling of movie/book references is subtle but quite fun.

Thank you for the roundly entertaining story.

Ishtar replied:

Bingo!   The fun part is that some of the references are in the story world (like Jordan being a classmate) and some show that the book/movie exists in the story world (like Harry reading The Hobbit and quoting The Princess Bride).   References like that seem to go better in this story than some of the others I've written, perhaps because this one has that dash of comedy to it.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Saturday 17th February 2007 11:46am for Hogwarts at Last!

I was prepared to blast you if you sorted him into Gryffindor, considering his upbringing. Poor Draco won't know what hit him. Nor will Snape, for that matter...

Chibi_kaz posted a comment on Thursday 1st February 2007 11:12pm for Hogwarts at Last!

LOL! I was rereading this for the second time, and this time, I got who "Jordan" was... one presumes she chooses a career in Muggle science instead of magic?

Michael Jordan posted a comment on Wednesday 13th December 2006 2:43pm for Hogwarts at Last!

This story is interesting and diffrent. I had never encountered a HP/Adams family Crpssover before. I also like the way the Wednsesday and Harry have balanced each other as the grew up. Wednesday is showing more emotion, and harry is a lot less brash.

TheJackOfDiamonds posted a comment on Tuesday 28th November 2006 6:08pm for Hogwarts at Last!

This is one of the most original and well-written crossovers I've read. I'll be interested to see how Harry interacts with the other students given his Addams mentality, and bringing Wednesday and Pugsley along was a nice touch. Keep up the excellent work.

-the Jack

godgranite posted a comment on Tuesday 28th November 2006 7:18am for Hogwarts at Last!

this is realy good i love this fic i will checking for updates regularly

KLGreen posted a comment on Tuesday 28th November 2006 4:13am for Hogwarts at Last!

what house was Hermione put in?

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Monday 27th November 2006 11:46pm for Hogwarts at Last!

Absolutely wonderful!

Mayjest posted a comment on Monday 27th November 2006 3:55am for Hogwarts at Last!

I'm writing this as I go, so I'll have to go back and edit it afterwards, I dare say.

Anyway, you AN. The uniforms seen the movie were originally designed as formal wear, for feasts and other things like that. The rest of the time they'd wear muggle clothes underneath a robe (to me, evidence that the wizarding world as a whole is not nearly as anti-muggle as many fanfics make it out to be). But Chris Columbus and David Hayman preferred the uniform style, so it was used the entire time. Which really pissed the wardrobe department off, as they'd already started making the non-formal uniforms, and suddenly had to start panicking and making more formal ones. Well, when I say panicking, I really mean 'Oh well. That's how it goes'.

Anyway, onto stuff I know jack about, like how to write a good story. And a good thing too, as I would never achieve this. I liked Snape's reaction at the end, and I love it when Draco gets what's coming to him before he even does anything. Ah good times.