Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 11:05am for Hogwarts at Last!

Okay, I know it's pretty obvious that Harry would go to Slytherin, but still still damn funny! I can already see Dumbledore's frightened face, even though it's not mentioned here. Actualy, to tell you the truth I was half expecting him, Wednesday and Pugsley to get into Hufflepuff, with all that 'Loyalty to the Family' stuff that is drilled into them.
I hope that Harry, Wednesday and Pugsley get along with Hermione, and Hermione joins their group if not their house. It would be really messed up if she doesn't. Hermione being a Slytherin, now THAT would be cool to see! Actually, you didn't mention at all what house she's in, so can you resolve that next chapter? I know now that it's impossible for Ron to get along with Harry now that he's a Slytherin, but can you at least make it so Hermione gets along with Harry's group? You set it up so she might join them with Wednesday's fortune telling, but to see it actually happen in the next chapter would be good.
A bigger question is how will Ginny feel with her hero being in Slytherin. In fact, how come there was no mention of the Weasleys at the train station? Not the twins, not Ron, only a small cameo at the boats. I was really looking forward to Harry meeting the Weasleys!
The whole escorting thing was pretty cool as well. Nice touch there.

Ishtar replied:

If the Weasleys are not going to be deeply involved with Harry, to serve as his introduction to the Wizarding World, there is no reason to have them meet.   Besides, the Weasleys always run late, and the Addams crew got there early.

Finbar posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 11:05am for Hogwarts at Last!

I was curious as to which house you would put them in. I never really thought any of the three were Ambitious enough to warrent Slytherin, I was thinking more a Family orrientation to Hufflepuff, considering how they all band together.

Jennie posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 10:54am for Hogwarts at Last!

Firstly, I want to say that I absolutely adore your story. I've never read a HP/Addams Family crossover before- I've never even seen one before. I feel a little stupid asking this, but I totally blanked out on the Draco Malfoy Shaken or Stirred joke. I just don't get it. Is it some Britain directed thing that really only makes sense if you live in the country? Cause I'm an American through and through. If you could email me back and explain it to me, it would make me feel a lot better. It'll probably be some blantly obvious thing that I just completely missed, just wait. My email is snicklefritz1234@yahoo.com.
Thank you soo much, sorry for being so dumb.
Looking forward to a reply and an update,
Keep writing,
Jennie

Ishtar replied:

"Bond.   James Bond.   I'd like a vodka martini, shaken, not stirred."

The Adams Crew and Hermione are familiar with Bond movies.   Draco isn't.  

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 10:40am for Hogwarts at Last!

Ha! I knew you wouldn't put them anywhere else. :-)

I loved the boys all escorting the girls like that. With a bit of leadership by example, it could be the most elegant class of Hogwarts in generations.

Great chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

Hannah3 posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 10:40am for Hogwarts at Last!

Um...I don't get the shaken or stirred joke. Could you possibly explain it?

Ishtar replied:

"Bond.   James Bond.   I'd like a vodka martini, shaken, not stirred."

The Addams Crew and Hermione have all seen James Bond movies (or at least heard the jokes).   Draco hasn't.

Deborahsu posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 10:39am for Hogwarts at Last!

Wonderful! I laughed out loud a few times. I can't wait to see what they'll get up to next! hehehehehe

Ladegard posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 10:22am for Hogwarts at Last!

You've made no secret about what House you were planning to sort our protagonists into, but I had this sudden image during the sorting of them forming the core of the scariest Hufflepuff class ever.

Of course, that could just be me.

- Tom

Ishtar replied:

People do tend to underestimate Hufflepuffs.   Probably because of the silly name.   But there's a reason why Cedric was the all-around champion of the school.   I'm saving the "Hufflepuffs take over the world" for Fidelius, though.

japanese_jew posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 10:20am for Hogwarts at Last!

Considering that they hadn't been immersed in Hogwarts culture yet, it seems a tad peculiar for Wednesday to be nonchalantly suggesting "Slytherin" as a synonym for cunning.

Also, how will Harry deal with the monochromatic Hogwarts uniform?

Kristofer posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 10:09am for Hogwarts at Last!

Aww such a short one? Entertaining all the same, it will be interesting to see how you handle the powerstruggles of the slytherin firsties, and hopefully not have the higher years bend over backwards for a eleven year old.

Untill your next installment of creative joy,
Best wishes

patsh posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 10:06am for Hogwarts at Last!

What a wonderful chapter! Wednesday was wonderful, and Pugsley's nonchalant attitude about Remus being their tutor was great.

I imagine seven years of Draco's life to be an upcoming living hell.

Thank you for the amazing update.

Chris McFadden posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:52am for Hogwarts at Last!

<snerks> Yeah, I probably would have lost it at that introduction myself. "Shaken or stirred" indeed.

jilumasam posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:50am for Hogwarts at Last!

Let the fun begin!

red jacobson1 posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:45am for Hogwarts at Last!

oh; you know; i could ALMOST feel sorry for Severus; but; *nah* *GRIN*

Nice one Ishtar; looking forward to more

red

Nick5 posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:40am for Hogwarts at Last!

Hehehehehehehehe!!!!

Good one, especially with the hat and how it's it questioning itself - I'd like to know that, truthfully.

More, soon, please.

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:39am for Hogwarts at Last!

Can't say that I'm terribly supprised that this incarnation of Harry wound up in Slytherin. With the education and such that Addams gave him, it was almost inevitable. I'm curious to see what comes of all of this though. Will Snape be able to look past James, see Harry, and be able to work with them. Or will he be a blind ass and be a hinderance until the Addams have enough and deal with him. Outstanding chapter, the bits with Draco were excellent, the little snot is usually good for anoyance/comic relief.

minervakitty posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:32am for Hogwarts at Last!

Will the Dreadful trio get to scare the willies out of everyone else? It would be really funny if they can get the ghosts scared. It's a loosing proposition in getting Hermione to eat less sugar. More Draco abuse. Did Wednesday get any vibes off of Draco? Is Draco going to mention how he got soaked? Ooooooo Poor Severus. :-" I'm surprised that nothing else hurt on him. Will the Dreadful trio find out more about their family background in the library? I'm still voting for Harry to dump the ring and a certain knife in an active volcano. Does this mean that someone would come out with a book for the muggleborns?

Chris1 posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:32am for Hogwarts at Last!

LOVED Snape's monologue!!

Totally awesome chapter. Got it just as I was preparing to leave, too. Thanks for the very well-timed update *grin*

Chris

Cuey posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:32am for Hogwarts at Last!

Slytherin? That is certainly interesting. I read the forum discussing this story so I wasn't sure if you had the houses nailed down, but I was pretty much leaning towards Slytherin all along anyway. At least the snake skull will fit in nicely with his dorm decor.

One question, what house did Hermione get in?

vl100butch posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:29am for Hogwarts at Last!

a message from the BBC:

the fox is loose in the henhouse

je repete

the fox is loose in the henhouse

Jeremy DuCharme posted a comment on Saturday 25th November 2006 9:24am for Hogwarts at Last!

Oh Vey! Snape should have his classes make headache relief potions, he's gonna need them. :) Ah well, confusion to your enemies could be a secondary Addams's motto. Oh and how's Albus's ticker after the Hat Sorted Harry? *evil grin*

Other Snape notes, why no internal bitching about Lupin being on staff? Or is he still going back to the Sanctuary on his fuzzy nights and being out of the castle then mollifies Snape enough as long as the two don't have to be togther much?

Crabbe and Goyle as Thing One and Thing Two? Which is which, or are they considered pretty much interchangable? And isn't that insulting to the One True Thing in the Addams's home?

So Wednesday has a bit of The Sight? Man, her opinon of Trelway should be down there with Harry's orignal opinon of Quirrel.

Btw where did Hermoine wind up? Don't think it was Slytherin, seems Snape's internal monolog was only on 'his' firsties. Ron's pretty much out of the picture, given his reflex hate of Slytherin, be interesting if the Addams trio (quartet with Hermoine?) has to deal with him, and Pugsly or Harry starts it off by negotiating with the Twins to keep it a personal matter, not a family fued.

Malfoy, Malfoy, Malfoy. Somehow I think inter-House trouble will curb him from making intra-House trouble as much as he managed in the canon. And Harry's humiliation of him into the Sorting Ceremony means Daddy will have to send him more Galleons to buy influence.