Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Nanio posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 12:11pm for This Means War

I love how you have strong characters, but you allow them to suffer occasionally. It's not easy to do such with the Addams' but you do well to mix the good and bad in life into a realistic story. This chapter is very well done.

John Conner posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 12:07pm for This Means War

Another interesting chapter. I suspect that before all is said and done, Malfoy and his cronies will be sorry they started anything with Harry, and the others.

Keep up the good work.

jenks posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 12:02pm for This Means War

love it

NiereG posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 12:02pm for This Means War

Oh My GOD! I don't think I've laughed so much in ages. "I’d be kind of pissed off if I was going to rule the world and had to settle for being a school teacher instead." I admit I never thought of it that way, but it is so Addams. And the detention with poor Filch. The man will never be the same. The topper though, was Pugsley asking to sit next to Longbottom next class for the explosions.

I love this story. Keep up the great work. You have totally nailed the characters. I feel sorry for poor Snape. He won't know what's hit him, and he hasn't even met Gomez and Morticia yet. Can't wait!

NiereG

Wolff posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 11:45am for This Means War

Ugh. Unless Harry and company strike back hard, fast, and brutally, they're in for a *long* seven years. And, I suppose, even if they do hit back, because I doubt Snape will take kindly to their retaliating, even (especially) if it's with cause. As far as I can see, their best option is to quietly assassinate Snape as quickly as possible. But, that's why I'm the reader and not the author. I look forward to seeing how they keep themselves sane.

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 11:45am for This Means War

Damn straight! This does mean war. And it will be fun for me to watch. I liked how the boys were having fun with Filch's favorite threat. Ha. Oh, and the line that the Hat said, about Harry being a great Dark Lord to serve under? That is quote worthy my friend. Cheers.

~Ivy

Mark Safransky posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 11:32am for This Means War

Great chapter! I was snickering when Pugsley and Harry had their detention with Filch. I bet they loved it. Seems Snape and company are idiots like we thought. Malfoy and his thugs are in for it now and if Snape isn't careful, he's going to be in it too. Keep it coming!!

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 11:26am for This Means War

I enjoyed this chaper! I wonder if Filtch was more shocked by the fact the boys enjoyed their detention or the stories he heard of their family? He might end up being one of their favorite people in school! I can see them dragging him over to their parents at the PTA meetings and begging Gomez and Morticia to invite him home for dinner....chuckle. Poor Snape....the Hat really put him in his place; and Dumbledore said something smart for once when he told Snape to get over his snit about James Potter.As for the wolfsbane.... is Remus going to say that he's made arrangements for his own supply or just say thanks and ship it to the US for testing? A little deception never hurt, after all. Does Dumbledore still belives that Remus is " his " werewolf? Or is he merely assuming again? Of course, that bit of nastiness via Malfoy and the Thug twins is going to blow up in Snape's face unpleasantly. Snape had a chance to nip a war in the bud and blew it. After all, the kids have been taught by some of the best! The combination of Addams and Maurader deviousness plus their own wicked twist will be something to see. I also liked the kids' ambitions.....and I must admit that mine would match Herminone's. I hope to see the four of them together soon! Thanks for another great chapter!

Finbar posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 11:19am for This Means War

Ya know, one thing I like about the Addams is their willingnes to use the rules against people. Lets hope a few formal complaints against Snape as well as the others will screw their enemies.
Great story, This is absolutely captivating, though i'm trying to work out where i've seen the sequence of Harry becoming the self appointed class monitor before. It seems familiar.

Ishtar replied:

You probably saw it in the version of the scene I put up on the FFA Forum and Pottersplace3; that version was from Snape's POV.

Lon Huey posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 11:17am for This Means War

I...remember another.....work of fanfiction......by the ....same....title....I think. By.......another author at this site......maybe?

I'll say no more on that subject.

Very good, as alway. I am enjoying this so.

Ishtar replied:

Bugs Bunny writes fanfic?

Adam Call posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 11:13am for This Means War

Uh oh...there goes Malfoy, so who are you going to write in to take his place? Great chapter, update soon!

Mouse posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 10:48am for This Means War

I beleve that whoever did that to harry has just made a big mistake. Heehee. I can't wait to see what happpens next.

Jeremy DuCharme posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 10:40am for This Means War

"The Great and Powerful Hat has spoken!" What, the Hat has cable in there to get the Wizard of Oz? :)

Pugsly+Gred+Forge=Where did the castle go?

Interesting reasoning with the Hat on why Slytherin is becoming pure-blood and Death Nibbler central.

Snape's extra feet of essays, would Harry write that the notebooks HAVE been tested at Salem and found safe in Potions Labs? Complete with cited articles?

Lupin as Dumble's 'agent'. *Snicker* Something tells me the last free Maruader is waiting to spring the mother of all pranks on the Headmaster. "What, you though I was on your side?"

Draco, Draco, Draco. NEVER do your enemy a small injury. Or as the Addams drilled into Harry, 'Don't turn your back on an enemy till you are sure he is dead.' To add insult to injury Harry could drop a copy of "The Prince" by Machiavelli with a suggestion that he reads up. Something about fighting unarmed opponents in a battle of wits dulling his edge.

Ishtar replied:

The Hat has looked into too many Muggle-borns' heads.  

This may be the first time that Snape realizes that Hufflepuff is not the dumping ground for unfit students; Slytherin is.

Citing reports on the safety of paper and inks is exactly what the Trio will do.  

Dumbledore is kind of clueless, isn't he?

I would think Sun Tzu would be more apropos to the situation than Machiavelli.   In which case, Harry just might give him Machiavelli to lead him to believe the fight will be settled in the political arena ... and then go after him with a sword.

amulder posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 10:37am for This Means War

Hmm. I can't decided, Dorothy. Do I want H/W/P to take care of this on their own, or do I want the Addams' family to get involved. Both hold great attraction.

I'm trying to remember what Morticia might have put in that legal document Dumbledore signed that might prove useful here...

I must say, I am a bit surprised at how "easily" Harry was taken down in this chapter. I suppose something had to happen, in order to get this war started, but it seems a bit surprising. One little bit of evidence reminding us that they are still just 11, eh?

best,
...art

ps: but, oh, it would be sweet to see Gomez tie Snape up in knots at a board of inquiry.

jilumasam posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 10:35am for This Means War

Somehow I don't think the Slytherins will cope to well with the Trio on the warpath.

Deborahsu posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 10:26am for This Means War

hehehehehe Malfoy is in for it now! And how will Snape handle it? I LOVE THIS STORY! It's amazing what you're doing with the Addams Family, Harry Potter, Dr. Seuss, the Wizard of Oz ... what next? hehehehehe

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 10:23am for This Means War

This is bad. This is *really* bad. Draco Malfoy, you want to *survive* your first year, don't you? The question isn't *if* Pugsley and Wednesday will get you, but *when*. And just wait until they start cultivating friendships with the *rest* of the current crop of Serpent Firsties (such as Millicent Bulstrode and Daphne Greengrass). Severus Snape has no idea what sort of *nightmare* lies in wait within Slytherin House.

Sean Dillon posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 10:20am for This Means War

I like Thug One and Thug Two much better than Thing One and Thing Two. Gets them out of the Family.

Amazon Ziti posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 10:18am for This Means War

I have to tell you, I check this website every day for updates, never mind that I get e-mail alerts as well. This is a fantastic story -- you've captured the essences of both the Addams Family and HP, and the combination is way too much fun.

I'm not sure whether I want Snape to get over his James Potter grudge and realize what an excellent Slytherin Harry makes, or whether I want him to stay all resentful-like, since he makes an excellent enemy and it's also funny to see him frustrated. I'm looking forward to the Addams revenge on Malfoy and co., too. And I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of Hermione. Will any Gryffindors come into play at all?

I also hope to get a chance to see one of Dumbledore's interrogations of Remus. An "agent", indeed. I get a huge kick out of foiling Manipulative!Dumbledore... especially when he (mostly) means well.

Cheers! Thanks for writing! I look forward to the next update.

~ AQZZ

Jamie46 posted a comment on Wednesday 29th November 2006 10:17am for This Means War

"This means war." :) A great line, but I'll never be able to read it without thinking of Jeconais' great fic (which has been in hiatus for centuries, but we don't talk about that ;) lol). This was a great chap, moved along swiftly but with good content. I liked it a lot. :) Thanks for sharing, and for a great rate of updates. :) Looking forward to the next! ...and to what the three of them will do in retaliation! :-D hehehehe!