Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Brandon West posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2005 8:56pm for As Time Goes By

And now, as a ghost, Peter will maybe be allowed some atonement?

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2005 4:47pm for As Time Goes By

Wow. Just wow. Kinsfire's writing always comes across to me as visceral, emotional, perhaps even primal - it's not polished, it aims to hit your heart more than your head. Yours is far more polished & professional in my opinion, you go through the head to get to the heart, but you both give me great joy when reading your stories.

I'm usually -very- picky when reading fanfic - I have my ship (H/Hr), and my kinks (H/harem), and I usually do not read stories that are heavily entrenched in other ships (or that do not list a ship, like this one)... and right now I could care less about ships - this is just a damn good story.

I've always wanted to read a GOOD Harry-raised-by-elves fic, after seeing some of the tripe on FFN, and so far you've delved deeper into the idea than I had ever imagined or expected an author to aim for. It feels -complete-, rather than a mere plot device. In a way, just by being alive, Harry has instigated Hermione's SPEW campaign! I'm not sure where you going with the story and will certainly enjoy the ride, but I do hope you take this through to a definite completion. (I was going to say the Hogwarts years, and I would love to see that, but that would take a LONG time to write. : )

I am absolutely loving this story - the plot has depth, the characters are in-character and yet so much more than mere canon has made them. I absolutely can't wait for the next chapter.

Thank you!

I'd offer to bear your children, but I think we're both the wrong gender for that. hehe

Eliew posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2005 4:42pm for As Time Goes By

Beautiful chapter. I like how you spend time touching on each major character, on how they survive or not survive the next few years after that very fateful night.

Harry's childhood was fun to read, especially when he cause a revolution regarding the ways his house elves act around him. I would think that Dobby would be most happy to sreve such a master, though, he probably wouldn't be the best elf for Harry.

It's unfortunate for Sirius how the case with Lockhart have gone, and kept thinking that perhaps Albus would offer him the posdt of DADA professor or something else after he quit from the Ministry. Was surprise though, to read that he was offered a place in the dept of mysteries, but what could interest him there?

Damn that Lockhart, guess he would be back terrorise poor Harry later then, to charm his way through gullible women and young girls? I do hope that he will receive a more fitting punishment than what happen in canon though.

Heehee... loved the way that werewolf thinks, nifty knowledge he have, regarding tools and demolitions. Good thing for Remus, hopefully things will be better from now on for him, already I can see that he will be making a name for himself, at least in the muggle world *hopefully* Those muggle certificates are really godsend for him, the last of what the marauders did for one of their own.

Nice little idea you have there regarding Snape's greasy head. Hahaha.. he even knew of what people were calling him behind his back. Guess he must have really thick skin, that he was able to withstand all the name calling and what not.

Nice portrayal of Peter, a man who have fallen so far, not by choice. And no matter where he run to, he will always be haunted by the images of those he have betrayed. I kind of find myself pity this rat, of how he was lead down this path of no return, and now, he cannot even move no, not until the fidelius charm is lifted, and the Potters freed from their imprisonment. Though I have to wonder, if James and Lily were there to welcome him into the next adventure, or to admolish him for the betrayals.

Just a couple of thoughts though, if the fidelius is so powerful and cause others not to be about to see the Potters, it would really be dangereous if the charm fell on evil doers hands. Imagine some DE under similar spell, he would be invisible to all, till the secret is reveal, and he would be a most valuble assasin, since he is still able to interact with other, but no one can see him. *shudders* Another would be there how is Harry going to attend Hogwarts, or buy his wand? He would practically be an invisible boy, at least until Peter return to the British isles and the charm is lifted.

Shawn Cullipher posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2005 3:40pm for As Time Goes By

Really awesome storytelling Dorothy. I really like the way your characters are growing here. It looks like you're about up to Harry's first year at Hogwarts judging by Peter's tale. The spell has bound him to an earthly existence, but can he impart the secret to others and break the spell? Eagerly looking forward to the next installment.

dogfoot75 posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2005 3:01pm for As Time Goes By

So if he had died, would it have broken? Peter's the only one who can break the spell, so if he's a ghost... and how can Harry even receive his Hogwarts letter if he's under Fidelius?

Hmm. This is a really, really interesting take on HP, and I'm hoping that you finish it even after December 1st. Course I'm also waiting for JYA.

Euphemism posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2005 2:52pm for As Time Goes By

Amazing! I'm sure Hermione would love to see how the House Elves have become almost human in their goal of teaching Harry to become a proper wizard. And the way everyone else's life is developing was almost as good. It was particularly nice for Remus to finally get a job, and then maybe start his career as a writer. And as for Gilderoy... I hope you have something nice and painful planned for him. Bah.
Snape in particular was intriguing, that he's particularly likeable now - and the reference to fanon!Snape... :P I wonder what Bob would say about your Snape and Alan Rickman?
Finally, the Fidelius... still unbroken? Argh. Will Harry be taught by the ghost of the one who betrayed them all? Although this Pettigrew is much more sympathetic than the one from canon - his reasons for aiding the Dark Lord are reasonable, and he didn't intend to betray his friends... everything just got out of control. I'm not being an apologist... but it does seem that Peter could be forgiven. Eventually.