Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

ibskib posted a comment on Monday 27th January 2014 6:39pm for Return to Godric's Hollow

I like how this fic has Peter much more sympathetic instead of just a coward without any positive qualities, and having him as a ghost that teaches Harry is a pretty ingenious way for him to redeem himself

dave84768768 posted a comment on Sunday 19th November 2006 4:07am for Return to Godric's Hollow

My my my, that is quite the twist. I take it you've fixed most of the non-beta issues. Well covered the canon twist with the viel. Very very well done. hoping the story continues.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd August 2006 6:49am for Return to Godric's Hollow

I have to say I've never seen an AU that slips so cleverly back into the normal verse and keeps going regardless. Fantastic chapter. I can't wait to read about how the others react to Peter's reappearance when they learn the truth.

evansentranced posted a comment on Thursday 22nd June 2006 11:46am for Return to Godric's Hollow

I loved Dr. M. And the "Alternate Universe" ...you've turned canon into AU. I can only be incredibly amused. Oh, and I adored the denim skirts. A brief but hilarious senario unfolded in my head as I read that line, wherein Harry declares that if the elves get to wear skirts, then he should too, and has to have the differences between male and female explained to him by house elves at the tender age of five(Isn't that how old he is right now?). This makes the fifth chapter I've burst into uncontrollable laughter. I think I may have either done too much today, or possibly not enough, because I am far too giddy to be simply reading. Oh well. Love the fic.

fraupapst posted a comment on Wednesday 24th May 2006 8:28pm for Return to Godric's Hollow

This story is brilliant. It's so good to read a good rendition of Peter Pettigrew where he isn't simply evil/rotten/traitorous and cowardly to the core. He's one of the most hated characters from HP, but it doesn't make sense to assume he's altogether despicable. He's been a trusted friend of James and Lily, else he'd never have been made their Secret Keeper. I think you're right in assuming that Voldemort had forced him to join by threatening him and people he held dear. In canon, he's probably a split personality by now, the Death Eater who betrays his friends, brings back Voldemort and is able to cast a Killing Curse on an innocent bystander is one side. But I think Peter still does have a conscience, and the other part of him loathes himself.

I was going to write that the following paragraph doesn't make sense. But it actually does. Very neat idea.

'By Christmas, he thought he had found out why the elves were invisible. It was because he, the Secret Keeper, had never told them where they lived. They were in the unusual position of being both beings who were part of the Family by oath, but also were part of the Potter property, and as such were hidden under the Fidelius. On Christmas Day, he gathered all of the elves and Harry in the parlour, and repeated the Secret while they all listened solemnly. The next day, Brandy took her shopping basket into the village and delightedly found that the greengrocer could see her now! She was so happy she started weeping and hugged the man's knees.'

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 22nd May 2006 10:43am for Return to Godric's Hollow

Good chapter.

gunny

Muirnin Cocan posted a comment on Monday 22nd May 2006 10:14am for Return to Godric's Hollow

I meant to ask if you had been giving a nod to Copperbadge's "Stealing Harry" with the stuffed frog... but I see now that there is the author's note!

I'm curious about something... I now it's silly, but we have seen the Ravenclaw Ghost reading a book and turning pages... (in CoS) and I wondered if perhaps that was an ability that a Ghost could have... you know like floating objects etc.... Just a thought...

As You can see I am making my way through this story again (Procrastination!!!) and since both of my brilliant babes are asleep now I may get my reading done faster...

Great Chapter...

As Always,
Muirnin - an imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste...

AK posted a comment on Thursday 27th April 2006 2:10am for Return to Godric's Hollow

"We've tested that, too. We gave the potion to a cat, then chased the astral cat through the Veil. It came back just fine and reintegrated with its body when the potion wore off. Of course, it's been hiding under my desk ever since, but I'm sure I'll be able to lure it out eventually."
Poor kitty !!! how could you!

Funny thow, but I am wondering is dimension traveling going to play an important role in the story or not?

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Friday 24th February 2006 2:16pm for Return to Godric's Hollow

You actually paint a believable picture of
Peter, likable and out in a bad situation
without the courage to do what was needed until
it was too late.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 7th February 2006 6:39am for Return to Godric's Hollow

Ch.6 - - Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT!

The most fun for me in writing fanfiction is creating new concepts and explaining how something came about, basically new concepts to explain existing constructs.

This story is packed, stacked, and racked with the innovative good stuff. Having a house-elf turn a page for Peter is a wonderful attention to detail. The reason the elves and Harry could not be seen wasextremely brilliant. I am running out of superlatives. The idea of Peter the Ghost teaching Harry about being a wizard was superlative. (Winking emoticon)

I'm impressed!

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Thursday 5th January 2006 6:39am for Return to Godric's Hollow

Excellent chapter! I loved how you did Sirius's trip through the veil! That was awesome! Excellent job on the return of Peter, so far not so bad. The elves continue to be awesome also! CheerS!

Kail Ceannai posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 11:48am for Return to Godric's Hollow

Rofl. I understand the constraints by which you've written this excellent fic, but that doesn't change the following sentance from being any less fun. "Remus had always been the steadiest of the four of them, and had loved Harry like the son he would never have himself, given the Ministry's rules prohibiting them from marrying." I know that by "them" you mean werewolves, but "them" really more implies "Remus and Harry". Lol.

Excellent fic. Though really, I'm glad I read chapter 7 first. Without the previous six chapters beind it, 7 read with a great aire of mystery and suspense. In fact, if this weren't a to-be-completed novel I'd be inclined to suggest starting the fic at chapter 7 and later releasing 1-6 as a prequel.

I love Sirius's travelings among the cannon realm =) Poor guy. I wonder if he and the cat can become friends.

This is an excellent work you've written.

Meghan posted a comment on Friday 23rd December 2005 3:51am for Return to Godric's Hollow

what an incredible story! I love it to pieces. You've done very well with creating this very believable AU and I can't wait for your next update on it

Hannah2 posted a comment on Tuesday 20th December 2005 4:00am for Return to Godric's Hollow

Cannot. Wait. Until. Next. Chapter!! So good, I love it!

Goyana posted a comment on Saturday 17th December 2005 1:54pm for Return to Godric's Hollow

That was great, very orginal and finally an author who doesnt have Peter as an idiot. Good job and cant wait for the next update.

Jack-A-Roe posted a comment on Thursday 15th December 2005 9:12am for Return to Godric's Hollow

Well I just got back to your story and must say that you've been to hard on yourself. It has been wonderful and quite original.

Harry wanting to be an elf was perfect and exactly how a child would be.

I hope you continue it on even though the contest is over.

JNorth posted a comment on Thursday 15th December 2005 5:58am for Return to Godric's Hollow

this story keeps getting better - can't wait for the next update.
The trip through the veil was interesting - will there be anymore? It kind of reminds me of a story by Maxfic on fanficiotn.net called 'The Other Side' where Harry follows Sirius thtough the veil at the end of OotP. They end up in an alternate dimension, and have to find their way back. I won't say any more in case of spoilers. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated in ages.

jmcqk6 posted a comment on Wednesday 14th December 2005 3:30pm for Return to Godric's Hollow

great work on this chapter! This is really an amazing story. i started reading it a while back, but found I couldn't really get into it. I am so glad that I started it again.

Just so you know I'm Josh Charles (the_euph_guy@yahoo) who you replied to in bobmin's group. Thanks for letting me know about that!

I can't wait to read more.

Stone Cold posted a comment on Tuesday 13th December 2005 12:01am for Return to Godric's Hollow

I LOVE this story. Man I love it. And I love that Peter has been redeemed. That's one of the best parts.

And nothing makes me happier than Harry's interactions with the house-elves.

Cassie posted a comment on Monday 12th December 2005 1:56pm for Return to Godric's Hollow

I've read it all at a go. It's now 12:55 pm and I should've been abed hours ago. :-)

I have enjoyed your story very much, and I look forward to continuations of this alternate story line.

Cheers!

Cassie