Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

shadowhc posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2005 5:01pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

one of the best stories i have ever read great work

Deborahsu posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 9:52pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Great start! I look forward to reading more, soon please!? Can't wait to see what happens on the train ... and the first Potions class! LOL

Tobang posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 2:37pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Great stuff, i found this page on accident, and now im really glad i did, keep up the great work. I have to admit this is the first story iv seen were Wormtail is anything close to a decent character, bonus points for creativity!

Good work, good story, good night and good luck.
~Tobang

exile posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 10:38am for Welcome to Diagon Alley

*beams* This story is just brilliant. *happy dance* The best hour or two I've had this week (I really don't know if I should be happy about that, though.)

A well written story, with an excellent and interesting plotline just makes everything look a whole lot better. I must check out your other works! (but I'll still be hoping to see an update for this one. How could I not? Brilliance!)

I'd put some criticsm here, but I can't think of any. I know I'm too happy at the moment for my thought processes to work properly, but I don't think I'd be able to point out any mistakes or make any comments if I could. I wouldn't have any reason too! (I've fallen into "fan-girl" mode at this point in time.. sorry)

I really look forward to reading more!

sunstar5482 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 10:09am for Welcome to Diagon Alley

I'm really enjoying this story and loved this chapter, especially the interaction with Snape and the confirmation that the Malfoy's aren't all that reformed. Your Harry is quite interesting and this I really like the raised by house-elfs idea. I do have one question however. It's been fairly well stated that while a person can use another's wand, their own wand is always best; yet we haven't seen the good old 'holly 11 inches, phoenix feather core'. Can I assume you have something very interesting coming up regarding the fact that Harry appears to have 3 wands (including Tom's) and not his *own*?

jmcqk6 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 7:00am for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Another Great chapter! I'm looking forward to reading more. The bit with Snape was great!

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 5:16am for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Great chapter, I would die to see Snape when he realizes just who asked for his autograph. Overall an amusing chapter, though I can see Albus plans to walk around with his head up his arse for a bit at least.

Kail Ceannai posted a comment on Tuesday 27th December 2005 12:08pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Oddly enough, I missed the "Chapter 7" heading at the top and so subsequently and accidentally skipped the first six chapters. Regardless of this incident, I loved your story. Excellent descriptions. I appreciate how you reiterate known HP cannon/story in your own words; that way its not too repetative but it makes for a fabulous stand-alone story as well. I love your characterizations and takes on the characters.
Like the "uncles" I look forward to Snape's reaction when he realizes who the "nephew" is as well =)

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 27th December 2005 8:56am for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Delightful read!! Thank you very much. As a long-time fan of "Doc" Smith, I loved the mention. Your divergence from canon is obviously growing and it's going to be interesting to see what else changes since this isn't the "rather-beaten-down Harry" of canon.

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Tuesday 27th December 2005 2:37am for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Bob made and excellent point in his review about harry and the small sleeping space. Another irony to this story (or merely another level to its depth) is that this Harry finds comfort in confining spaces and hard work due to his being raised by the loving elves, whereas canon Harry grew up being forced into a confined space and working like a dog as punishment.

Wish I had his work ethic. :)

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Tuesday 27th December 2005 2:30am for Welcome to Diagon Alley

BWA-hahahahahahahahaha!!!

That scene with Snape was classic! Well, intentional or not, it looks like Harry got one over on Snivelus anyway.

I wonder what happens with the brother wand now left unloved on a shelf at Olivander's?

Once again, a perfectly scripted chapter that I read entirely too fast.

Bree Peeler posted a comment on Monday 26th December 2005 1:55pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Hurry! Post another! Love it as usual!

EricThorsen posted a comment on Monday 26th December 2005 1:43pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Wow, excellent chapter. I especially liked the interplay at the Daily Prophet and Harry meeting Snape for the first time. I only hope that Harry isn't too hurt when Snape hates him at school (assuming that he does) Looking forward to an update as soon as possible.

n4zhg posted a comment on Monday 26th December 2005 12:54pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

"Doc" Elmer Smith???

You are bad.

Pure evil.

From the 8th dimension by way of Planet Ten.

brad posted a comment on Monday 26th December 2005 12:36pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Great chapter, most enjoyable, even if there weren't any cataclysmic-size events or upsets. Just bears repeating - you're a polished author, so it's full speed ahead on the perusal, no need to slow down to decipher grammar or mistakes like one must on a lot of fan fiction.

Looking forward VERY much to seeing how Harry meets his friends. And I hope there's not going to be any surprises in the sorting? Best wishes for the new year, thanks for your work over 2005.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Monday 26th December 2005 11:33am for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Oh, God! What a nice touch, that! Getting Snape to autograph his potions reference book, indeed. This is such a blast! And I can tell it's only going to get better with each chapter!!

wolf550e posted a comment on Monday 26th December 2005 1:10am for Welcome to Diagon Alley

I adore your Harry, I love the original AU twist and how you explored the various characters. I can't wait to see how you Harry turns out (got me intrigued with that sorting debate!)
Thank you for this story.

MononWalker posted a comment on Sunday 25th December 2005 11:46pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Ah, Dorothy, this is just right. Seeing Harry more grown and now interacting with the "outside" world is wonderful.

Gah, that sounds pretentious, doesn't it?

Anyway, I really like this chapter. Will be very interesting to see Severus' reaction when he "finally" meets Harry. One wonders what effect of Snape's "fame" would have on his normally sour personality.

And what prank are you planning for Harry to earn his Marauder-ship? On on whom?

Really like the ending of this chapter, too. --he smiled as he pulled the curtains around his bed to make his sleeping space small and comfortable-- just a nice little reminder that he was initially raised "house-elf" and he "knows" house-elf magic. How will this effect his education? Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Again, great chapter (if quiet), Dorothy.

Gardengirl posted a comment on Sunday 25th December 2005 11:11pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Fabulous chapter, Dorothy! What a great present :) I was afraid you'd abandoned this after the month was over, and I'm just delighted to get more. I like the subtle differences in your Harry, and it's great how you've blended them in with canon. Cheers!

Crys posted a comment on Sunday 25th December 2005 11:10pm for Welcome to Diagon Alley

Things progressing nicely.

Peter's hesitency to make himself known makes sense. Curious to see how that plays out.

Loved the scene with Snape. He's not the bitter old bastard from the books, so I'm curious how "nice" he'll be to Harry.

Glad to see you pulling him away from being a house-elf in personality some. That could just end up being too weird in the storylines.

Looking forward to the next chapter.