Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Ramos posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 10:20am for A House Divided

No windmills were tilted at, but the sword names were a nice touch. And a dash of Princess Bride, too!
I cannot adequately express just how much this story tickles my funny bone, delights my morbid sense of humor, and resurrects all the joys I used to have watching the Addams family as a young person. Harry Potter Addams really is a screa-umm!

belladonnacordial posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 10:14am for A House Divided

Oh, I do love this story! This update was worth the wait. Thank you!

Draco's offer to Wednesday was hilarious. The fact it was Draco trying to be smooth rather than just nasty is priceless. I was sincerely worried for him until Harry stepped in as Draco's saviour. The 'duel' was beautifully written. I enjoyed seeing it from Snape's POV. "Working out the pecking order, sir." Lol!

Good of Thing to look out for everyone's possessions too, including misplaced puddles of cauldron goo. Whatever would we do without Thing?

I adored Gomez in the Diagon Alley Trust scene. I think he has impressed Gran as much as Harry has Neville. Augusta seems a very tough customer for a Squib especially, or anyone else for that matter to impress.

You are a wonderfully imaginative writer. I'm going to reread your story now. I look forward to your version of Troll in the dungeon. Until then, Istar, may real life exceed expectation.

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 10:09am for A House Divided

It's great to see a new chapter! I really enjoyed this chapter.

I loved how Gomez routed Lucius in the Trust. I can't wait to see the changes that Gomez is pushing through.

Will we get to see the conversation between Lucius and his son over the "mistress" conversation? I hope so. :)

Keep up the good work!

Roberta Johnson posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 9:59am for A House Divided

Almost makes me feel sorry for the Malfoys-not.
Still loving this story! More soon, please?

Fishburne posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 8:43am for A House Divided

HOORAY!!!

Dorothy, we have missed you desperately.

I wasn't aiming, but still!

Excellent chapter and I'm very happy with how you brought the first year back together with ?canon?!

Hugs and we still need to get burgers the next time I'm in town.

Fish

theform posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 8:16am for A House Divided

Wow. Really great and really worth the wait. I did find a sentence I couldn't really make sense of though: "seemingly unaware that she had none of Potter’s little gang to hand". Perhaps this is some British expression that I'm not aware of (entirely possible), since it doesn't really work as a typo. If it's an expression, I'm going to go on a limb and say that it seems pretty awkward there.

Nitpicking aside, I think this chapter blended a couple of things well: a confrontation, some politico, and a worthy cliffhanger. I'm not going to lie, but with the descriptive world that you're creating, it seems that you're rushing a bit to advance the story. For example, you begin this chapter with a description of Harry's life at Hogwarts. This is great as it provides a fair amount of information at the right pacing. The problem as I see it is that you then launch into the Diagon Alley Trust thing. Personally, you'd have been better suited to spend some time at Hogwarts before jumping to Diagon Alley. I think your story is much better when it is describing actual events than summarizing. I think that a summary followed by real-time events is best, and not the summary followed by real-time events followed by summary followed by real-time.

Ishtar replied:

Having something "to hand" means easily available.   Wednesday didn't seem to be aware that no one from Harry's group was available in the Common Room.

Angus Hardie posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 7:43am for A House Divided

Great!

Another really excellent chapter. The duel scene was great, but I really liked the scene with Gomez and the others in the Bank. The poster of Fudge was a masterpiece. "It would be glorious" :-)

On the more serious side the homeless muggle borns was a something that I'd certainly never considered, but of course if the businesses won't hire them what would they do?

This was a great chapter in a great story and I look forward to reading the next chapter very much.

Deborahsu posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 7:12am for A House Divided

Hurray! You posted an update! One of my favorite stories hasn't been abandoned!!!!

LOVED the duel and the aftermath of Malfoy's attempted bed sabotage. ;-)

Fate posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 6:02am for A House Divided

Wonderful chapter!
I love the interaction between the characters!!!

Vasey posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 5:17am for A House Divided

This story is magnificently entertaining. I've never had much interest in the Addams Family before, but I'm still enjoying this a great deal. You really do a good job of giving characters their own distinctive personalities and voices, something that fanfiction authors often fail to do in my experience.

Amamama posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 4:21am for A House Divided

Ah, you're back! Wonderful, wonderful. Loved it, Malfoy-bashing is a wonderful pastime, even more so when both father and son gets a round. *wicked grin* Love all your names for the additional alleys. Good work.

Thanks so much for sharing - does this update mean that there'll be more to come soon? I really woudn't mind...

Happy Easter!

riegert8 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 4:03am for A House Divided

This is a good story. The more I read it, the more I don't like Dumbledore he seem pretty much evil for the need to control people

Crys posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 3:53am for A House Divided

Gomez steamrolling Fudge and Malfoy was wonderful stuff. Oh, and collect all that back rent. Definitely.

Also liked the way that you described the inequities between the muggle-born and pureblood in the Diagon Alley situation.

> "Draw. Your. Sword." Somehow, he’d acquired a British accent.
*snicker*

Harry and Pugsley I can understand ignoring Snape's bias, but Wednesday . . . Also, once Harry or Pugs (or Wednesday) mentions it to Gomez, he'd react in some non-overt way that totally destroys the idiot.

Great story, Ishtar. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Nick5 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 3:50am for A House Divided

Hehe, very good. Am sad that it took so long to get out but I am hoping that the next part comes out soon - especially with more Mal-ferret torture! "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me angry..."

Prince Charon posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 2:00am for A House Divided

You're very good at this.

Thank you for updating.

More soon, please.

Mark Stanley posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 1:53am for A House Divided

Another good chapter. The scenes with the trust and the duel with Draco were excellent.

Lyman Louie posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 1:38am for A House Divided

Great chapter. Enjoyed the interplay of Gomez and Malfoy. I could visualize how Gomez would look when describing the burning of the alley. Interesting ending. Wondering who the Addams will save?

wana10 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 12:47am for A House Divided

"Now, then, Malfoy," said Potter. "Draw. Your. Sword." Somehow, he’d acquired a British accent.

excellent chapter. surfed over today, saw an new chapter was up and immediately put all other plans on hold. as for the quote above all i could think of was the princess bride with westley telling prince humperdink to drop his sword or be partially dismembered. if that is where you got it from, good taste! the princess bride is an amazing book and movie. if it isn't where you got it from, i would love to know from where it came from.
looking forward to more, keep up the good work.

Ishtar replied:

The Princess Bride it was.   The Addams Family isn't big on TV as a babysitter, but I can see Harry & Co. going to the movies with friends, and that movie was in the right period.   He may even have read the book.

(Somehow it's easier to slip media/literary allusions into this story than some others.   It's kind of a game I've been playing with myself.)

uthamm posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 12:35am for A House Divided

Great Chapter! I was excited to see this updated. I love this crossover. The interplay between Gomez/Malfoy and Harry/Malfoy - I think you pegged the clumsy attitude that the Malfoy's have as a result of no competition.

Picturing Gomez with his eyes alight, pondering the destruction of the alley . . . pricelss.

Looking forward to more!

patsh posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 12:30am for A House Divided

This was well worth the long wait, and I loved your portrayal of Gomez during the meeting.