Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

DrT posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 8:21pm for A House Divided

What fun to see everyone caught in their own double standards! Another excellent chapter. Will Pansy and her little group now move away from Draco, Crabbe and Goyle?

"T"

Ron posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 8:20pm for A House Divided

Glad to see this continuing, Dorothy! Good story, and this chapter brought something up that Harry can use to totally defang Snape and Malfoy. Suppose Harry were to comment,publically, something along the lines of "Snape obviously considers Malfoy incompetent to be a true Slytherin. After all, if he didn't feel that way, he wouldn't protect him so much." Even better would be if he made the comment to Snape himself. After all the comments Snape has made, he'd HAVE to draw back. Even better would be if Malfoy heard it, or was told it. His pride and arrogance would force him to demand to be treated like everyone else, and there's no way he could draw back from that without losing face. Harry has already humiliated him, and if he could force a withdrawal of Snape's support, and possibly force Malfoy senior to withdraw support, Draco becomes a total non-entity, a useless incompetent (not that he isn't already!)

Nights_Silhouette posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 8:15pm for A House Divided

A great chapter, keep it up.

Anniejay posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 8:13pm for A House Divided

Thank you for returning I was worried for a while as I missed the story

Gardengirl posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 8:12pm for A House Divided

Ah, definitely worth the wait! Thanks for a great update. I see Snape is still favoring young Malfoy, even though Harry is in his House. Plbbbt. Hope the dialog in the next bit is better-behaved for you!!!

Finbar posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 7:56pm for A House Divided

I absolutely love this story. You have captured the Addams' personalities perfectly. Even going so far as to change Harry that little bit so he really belongs in the Family. The dueling was wonderful. I can see that Harry really takes after Gomez with regards to his fighting style. I look foreward to seeing him learning 'Wizarding Florentine' or the Rapier and Wand style used by the Pure Blood families of The Continent.(well,thats how I imagine it)
I'm thinking though that Snape is just a few sentances away from recieving a Formal Challenge himself for his behaviour. Not from Harry, but from Remus, in his position as a family retainer. After all, I'd imagine that he too has bee practicing.
Wonderful Chapter!

Arthur Hansen posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 7:55pm for A House Divided

Another great chapter, can't wait for more!

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 7:39pm for A House Divided

Yes! It was great to see this again. First off,the duel was impressive indeed, and it seems like Father like Son, as Draco seems to have little to no common sense, as it sometimes seems to be the case in canon. Should be something to see how this goes in Slytherin house now, though a shame that Daphne seems to be to snobbish to hang out with Harry and his clique, though it is nice to see Millicent get some positive time, and maybe she nad Pugsley might become more than friends later on. Would be interesting to see how she'd do at one of the Family's parties. Lucius, man he is about as dumb as a rock at times, though that appears to be more because he's had his way for so long, still, I wonder how Narcissa would do with Morticia, she's alwys appeared to be a bit more pragmatic in canon, and at least loves her son to bits. Gomez's vision of the future was hilarious, and can't wait to see how things go with he and Mrs. Longbottom inn the future, they may just give the Alley's and Ministry the kick it needs.

amulder posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 7:26pm for A House Divided

Ahhh, Dorothy, thank you. Good things come to those who wait. Sorry you had trouble with the dialog, I thought it was most brilliant.

The scene in Gringotts was truly priceless. All over this story, people try to treat the Addams' as inferiors, and more -- ignoramuses -- and they are, to a one, shown up by Gomez, Harry, Wednesday, or whomever is on the spot. It has happened to Albus, to Snape, to Draco, and now to Fudge and Lucius.

So, in the next chapter, will we see Lucius trying to extract some revenge on the Addams'?? Perhaps attempting to have some thugs trash their house?

I really enjoyed how Gomez used accounting as a weapon in that meeting. Augusta is suitably cautious about him, but within a few months I think she will be more than a little impressed. And boy, does Gomez know how to play Fudge. Poor Cornelius won't know what hit him. Hmm, Actually I wonder. Will Gomez actually just leave him in power and work around him? Or will he have him ousted in favour of an honest replacement. I'm not sure in this A/U which would be preferred.

Harry, was a perfect gentleman. Loved how he reassured Wednesday that he would use her sword, not let Draco touch it.

I have one question/suggestion over this line:
Potter had the nerve to interrupt. "I thought what happens in Slytherin stays in Slytherin? Or does that not apply to me?"

It's good, but Harry could have skewered Snape even more, I think, if he had said "On the first of September, Professor, you said that whatever happens...."

Of course, it might be dangerous to so boldly taunt Severus, but I did think it would be fun.

Thanks for sharing, Dorothy, this is brilliant.
...art

bratling posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 7:16pm for A House Divided

Ishtar, the trouble you had was well worth it, I think, because this is a really good chapter. I hope the next one comes easier, because I'm looking forward to reading it. This is, hands down, my favorite HP crossover ever. Please, update again soon.

Mary Morley posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 6:59pm for A House Divided

I am so glad to see you'd updated this! I had pretty much given up hope.

Love the interaction with the kids and Gomez steamrolling his way over Malfoy.

JP posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 6:08pm for A House Divided

Loving this story - great crossover holding very true to character for all of them. Many thanks

liquidfyre posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 5:47pm for A House Divided

well i was getting a lil panicky with the lack of updates specially after i been bragging to friends and trying to get them to come read this story but it was worth the wait damn good fight man

Joe Fenton posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 5:27pm for A House Divided

I really love this crossover. I was a rabid Addams Family fan back when I was a kid. It works surprisingly well with Harry Potter.

As others have mentioned, the highlights of the chapter are the Trust Meeting with Gomez, and the duel with Harry. Both show the two characters at their finest. An excellent chapter.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 5:14pm for A House Divided

The whole scene about the Trust was fantastic - you really captured the feel of Gomez the aptly titled human dynamo. "Draw your sword" said in a British accent was the culmination of a great scene. That was a mean place to leave it though. Wonderful chapter. More please. The fight scene was so fun.

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 5:14pm for A House Divided

Ah! I see that both Gomez and Harry were in excellent form dealing with Daddy Dearest and the Rotten Kid! (snicker) In a way it's too bad Wednesday didn't get the chance to put the smackdown on Draco....but as stupid as he can be she'll have other oppourtunities. I loved the swordfight (and the nod to one of my all time favorite books and movie)and I'd guess that Draco has just about lost the War for Slytherin. At least, he should have but with Snape to front for him he might still dream that he has a chance. It was also hilarious how Remus basically told Snape that no, he wasn't going to pin the fight on Harry and to boot he wouldn't destroy their swords. Though frankly it's a pity that they couldn't use the incident to get rid of Snape. Then again, Snape might face a reckoning a few years down the road given the family motto. I also enjoyed seeing how alliences are being formed both in Hogwarts and outside it. As for Fudge it seems that Gomez has his number as well....after all, it looks better for a politician to be associated with projects for the public good and not a murderous band of bigoted sociopaths. Here's hoping that Gomez can work on Sirius's case next. Hmmmmm....if he pitched the whole "miscariage of justice" thing to Fudge and made it sound like Fudge would be considered in the same breath as other great humanitarian leaders the dimbulb might fall for it. After all, it would look good in the papers too. Anyway, thanks again for another great chapter!

Quizer posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 5:09pm for A House Divided

Great to see you update again! I loved this chapter, so many funny things! The "Madam Malkin had made some excuse about a fad a few years ago for turning people upside down and dangling them by their ankles, necessitating the switch to trousers in the name of decency." line was just priceless.

I loved the scene with the Diagon Alley Trust meeting. How Lucius was rendered completely useless and powerless, before he knew it, was very fun to read. I loved the way Gomez described the worst-case scenario of the 'Great Diagon Alley Inferno' as 'glorious'! You capture the singular Addams humor excellently!

The duel with Malfoy was also extremely enjoyable to read. I liked the names of the swords (I had to look them up, though ;) ); you always find such great and fitting names for your artifacts or other inventions!

I already guessed when the second potion dose was mentioned the first time that it would come back to bite Malfoy pretty soon! Nice job on that!

I didn't like how got away with faking and exaggerating his injury, but with book 3, we do have a precedent, so to speak. I'm confident that there will be lots more humiliation in store for him! :D

On a completely off-topic note, I once read a diatribe by some sort of author who complained that people kept using '<person> hissed' even if there wasn't a single sibilant in the dialogue. But to me, hissing is just a particular way of speaking that has nothing to do with sibilants, do don't worry about using it!

Looking forward to the next chapter! Will Hermione still be in the bathroom? She has friends now, after all... You know, you could put Ron in there to sulk! It's a girl's bathroom, but what the hell! :D


till next time!


Quizer

Ghostdraconi posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 5:07pm for A House Divided

Draco is so lucky he had to deal with Harry and not Wednesday. I doubt she would have been so merciful.

Jujuberry posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 4:58pm for A House Divided

Woo hoo! New chapter! Loved the sword fight in the common room, and especially Gomez/Augusta versus Malfoy. Magnificent! Well worth the wait! I'm really loving this universe you've created and hope you keep writing!

Great chapter.

ThunderGod posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 4:31pm for A House Divided

hmmmmm...snapes continuing and blatant favortism and constant badgering and mental abuse of Harry should be seen to...I hope, but don't expect it..though I do expect a cumuppance

ThunderGod