Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Natalie posted a comment on Monday 18th June 2007 7:27pm for Quidditch

Oh wow. This is a fantastic story! I'd never though I'd find a HPxAddams Family crossover. Especially one thats well written. Love the characterizations of the characters. Good Snape IMO, you're keeping him cannon well. :)

Jack-A-Roe posted a comment on Monday 18th June 2007 4:29am for Quidditch

Another fine chapter. I thought you did a good job in this chapter of getting some of Gomez's humor to come across. Timing is everything.

Why do you paint Dumbledore as anti-muggle?

Having Harry threatening to quit was great. It just shows that it's not that important to him to be on the team if they aren't going to try and play correctly.

Ishtar replied:

Dumbledore is pureblooded and old.   He isn't anti-Muggle per se, but he does have a certain sense that Muggles and Wizards move in different worlds, and Muggles should stay in theirs.   Muggle-born wizards should be encouraged to become part of the wizarding world.   While there are things about the Muggle world that Dumbledore appreciates (like sherbet lemons), he wants to be able to take or leave Muggle things at his option and not have them intrude on Hogwarts, which is in a very real sense his personal space.   Having Muggles arrive at Hogwarts is pushing him way beyond his comfort level.   And it's bringing to the fore something even he wasn't aware of to this point.

la13 posted a comment on Monday 18th June 2007 3:33am for Quidditch

These last two updates have been a lot of fun to read! The way Harry dealt with Quirrell was really interesting to me—I liked that you thought he’d wait to have his family handle it. I also really liked his disgust with the cheating because it was costing them points!

Disobedience posted a comment on Sunday 17th June 2007 10:06am for Quidditch

Just stumbled across this story. It really is pretty wonderful! Excellent job. I have a beautiful volume of Charles Addams cartoons and I've loved the Addams family for a long time. HP and Addams work surprisingly well together, excellent crossover!

belladonnacordial posted a comment on Sunday 17th June 2007 4:24am for Quidditch

Hurray for real Slytherins! I loved the bit where Gomez hands Harry a cigar. The 'flush him down the john' solution made me laugh too. Am loving your every word and looking forward to more. Brava!

canoncansodoff posted a comment on Saturday 16th June 2007 11:03am for Quidditch

This has been a very enjoyable story. I never was a big fan of the TV show as a kid (more of a Munsters viewer, for some reason), but you've done a great job of explaining the Family as squibs (except for the kids, of course).

Too much to hope that a Jersey Devil will make an appearence now that they're in Scotland? I lived in Ocean City for a year, and have been through the Barrens a few times.

Neil Glover posted a comment on Saturday 16th June 2007 2:54am for Quidditch

Great story, i look forward to the next chapter

Ahappyjtm posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 3:12pm for Quidditch

Hi I just want to drop you a note about how much I have enjoyed reading this fic. I hope that you update soon, I would love to see what happens at the 'PTA' meeting. I mean if Bumbles has a headache now.... I was just LOL at several points through this story, your descriptions of the actions of some of the charchaters, like Malfoy Sr. at the bank was just spot on mate. Thank you agian. Ahappyjtm

ladyimmortal posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 1:37pm for Quidditch

YAY! AN UPDATE!

Not that I'm excited or anything.

Wouldn't want it to go to your head <GG>.

--Lady I

Rei posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 10:59am for Quidditch

I love you!!!! Can I chain you up in my room, please! I promise I feed you and clean you. And give you plenty a space to run free. And you can even have friends over!!! Party every day!.....As long as you leave me chappies!

Ishtar replied:

I think my husband would have something to say about this ...

Dahlias posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 10:13am for Quidditch

Once again I'm amazed with each chapter. I'm quiet enjoying this rare typ of fic, I love these quirks of Addam Harry...

minervakitty posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 8:13am for Quidditch

How did Snape hear Harry and Ron's talking? Does this mean that this idea has caught on with Mc Gonagall? I'm not surprised that Harry didn't burn Gomez, when asked too. I'm also amused that Mrs Granger would be able to take an x-ray of Gomez's head. Wouldn't something weird happen to the machine? I do hope that the Addams give Dumbledore more headaches.

Ishtar replied:

Harry and Ron were talking in the classroom in normal tones; because they were cleaning and not brewing, Snape wasn't enforcing silence; and Snape was sitting at his desk maybe eight feet away.   He could hear them quite easily.   Gomez is a Squib and not a Wizard, so he might not do anything to an X-ray machine, but I'm sure he's going to puzzle Mrs. Granger no end.

in-fanficauthors posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 1:09am for Quidditch

Great as always. I'm glad you got another two chapters out.

I'm not sure putting Harry's cigar butt (it's good for you! LOL) into the same unused place as the last remains of Quirrel was really the best idea. It ties Harry to the "crime".

Adjusting strategy based on hard statistics and facts? I'm sure ol' Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts has never seen the like. Those bastions of conservatism in Slythern may not be able to handle such thoughts.

I have been pondering back and forth whether it makes sense for the 'kids' to not inform their family (aside from Lupin) about their plans. On one hand, the Addams children are trusted to be able to handle important independent missions; on the other, if they honestly believe this could be a key to Voldemort's resurrection, it might be a good idea to bring the entire Addams family to bear on the problem. I'll be interested in seeing where you go with this.

Please continue!

JF posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 9:12am for Quidditch

I love it, update soon

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 7:36am for Quidditch

Awesome chapter!!!! I have to agree with Harry's assesment of how the Slytherins play when it comes to Quidditch. I love how everybody underestimates his broom because its an american model of broom, I bet ya anything that his Silver Streak could do circles around the Nimbus 2000 and any other brooms out there too. I get this feeling that Dumbledore is definitely under estimating the power of HSW&WPTA(Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy Parent Teacher Association) and what they can do if he doesn't meet the requirements they set. Exactly what is Remus teaching again I forgot? Do keep up the awesome work and update soon please:):):):)

Angel posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 1:03am for Quidditch

wow that was awsome i love it . please update soon i would love to read more .. later for now

angel

Cynthia1850 posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 12:03am for Quidditch

This is excellent so far. Greast Quidditch match, Harry's comment at the end especially. The Addams' are a wonderful match for Harry. He really could have used their help in the real story. Thanks for writing this and I look forward to more.

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 9:36pm for Quidditch

Ah! Just what I needed to start the day, a chapter from one of my favorite stories! I loved the PTA weekend and Prof. McGonnagal`s enthusiasim about everything..... I wonder if the Addams` could get rid of Dumbledore and help her take the job? And the Grangers were priceless.....it looks like the families will get along fairly well. It also looks as if the Addams\Potter\Lonbottom allince is moving along as well. The cut direct behavior of the Malfoys was funny, especially when the Grangers just thanked them for moving. (chuckle) I enjoyed reading the part where the kids explaned about Quirrell, and Gomez`s lines were great! I could hear just how it sounded! The game was also great, and we`ll see if Harry does change the team for the better! Thanks\ again for the chapter!

Sphinxey posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 5:00pm for Quidditch

Love it.

Fate posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 3:23pm for Quidditch

Brilliant!
I love this story!!