Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 10:16am

I saw it coming a long ways off, but cute, none the less. :-)

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 10:05am

Excellent! I've read at least one where Hedwig turned into a human, but this is a first.

Being killed by The Great Post Owl Rebellion. I'd have to say that, in this one situation, the best way for that to happen would be for the Dark Lord to be clawed to death by hundreds of owls. The best way! The worst way involves being burried in owl incontinance. Then there is choaking on the boney mass that owl's chuck up after eating a mouse. Considerable, if you could choose, would be being burried under a mass of owl post. Unfortunately that option is sullied by that mass of owl post all being howlers. Two ways to go with howlers being the cause, thousands of them burring you when they all explode, charring your body to unrecognizable proportions, or the shear volume of the combined messages liquifying your brains under the onslaught. Ranking up there with the worst ways would be death by owl post paper cuts. the shear number that it would take is mind boggling in the horror.

Oh, well.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

Ishtar replied:

See, I knew the readers would come up with interesting ideas!   My thought was a Dark Lord being brought down by the effects of a massive postal strike ... the witches of England being motivated to do him in because the owls were refusing to deliver their issues of Witch Weekly until he was gone.   Or something like that.

Toni posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:57am

I really, *really* don't like Ginny as a match with Harry. So...

neener neener neener!

Loffs Hedwig. *grins*

Philipe posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:56am

i thought it would be Minerva when i read the title for some reason.. no clue why really..

i liked the story.. specially the final pairing.. thought the Great Post Owl Rebellion was a bit much tho.. :)

Fishburne posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:51am

Awesome!

Never saw this coming.

Never actually looked for it either!

Great one, Dorothy!

Thanks for not getting REALLY squicky...

Michelline posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:49am

LOLOL!! I actually did laugh out loud when I finished this. Although some of the phrases seem a bit more reminiscent of Kinsfire than you. You are such an awesome writer. I'm so glad to see you posting something. Thanks for the reading enjoyment and I ADORED the ending. Great Post Owl Rebellion indeed!

Ishtar replied:

*snerk*   Since I've written some scenes into Kinsfire's stuff, you may be seeing my phrasings in both places; I can't tell unless you tell me what phrases you've noticed.

Crys posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:45am

*chuckle* Bit out in left field, but a fun bit nonetheless.

Sorry, D, but I predicted it a third of the way through. Hedwig's appearance in the third paragraph raised too many flags. Her going after Ginny cinched it.

I am curious though how a dark lord can be brought down by a "Great Post Owl Rebellion" :)

Ishtar replied:

Some got it early, some got surprised by it ... about the way I figured it would happen.   I had to have a little telegraphing so it didn't come completely out of left field, but not so much that it was obvious from the start.

As for the Great Post Owl Rebellion, I'm leaving that to the imaginations of the readers ... who will surely come up with their own weirdness.  

John8 posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:43am

Highly amusing, and it fits perfectly in with canon. It is a shame that Rowling cannot see the character destruction she wrought, but whatever. Grammatically: I noticed nothing, I was more into the story than the language, so there is nothing that shocked me out of reading. I love the last line!

Theresa posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:43am

Brilliantly done!

Mark4 posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:20am

Nice story, though I think there may be something wrong with me. Cause the second I saw the title I thought 'Hedwig'.

Fozzie Bear posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:19am

This owns!

I mean sure I figured it out once you started in on Hermione, but its the journey that makes the adventure, right? I enjoyed the journey, all the way even though I'm a fan of the H/Hr matchup and especially liking the telling off of Ginny... I mean REALLY! But best of all I loved the way you ended it with Fumbledore realizing he'd screwed up yet again... only he didn't really. Because things have a way of working themselves out, especially if they're *meant* to be.

That right there has always been my biggest pet peeve in the Harry Potter fandom, this insane idea that we must do something to /enforce/ prophecy! We could all take a lesson from the Norse Gods and their incarnation of the Fates-- which showed quite clearly that prophecy will make itself come true despite the actions of anyone else. Maybe even *due* to the actions of those trying to prevent it!

Thank you for illustrating this point so well!

--bornagainpenguin (posting through a throwaway account)

PS: When are we going to see some more Family Values? It DID win an award over at DLP.net you know...

Sanityfaerie posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:19am

Ack! This is new? Wow. I'd been thinking I'd ust missed it the first time through. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to sound ungrateful.

Sanityfaerie posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:17am

That was hilarious. Just the right amount of telegraphing, too.

Oh, and write more please? We miss you. *Bats eyelashes*.

Hagrid posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:08am

Good fer yeh mate! Put 'em all in their places, yer did. Couldn't be prouder if I were presented with one of their first brood. I'm laughin, thinkin 'what a hoot' but yer get my drift, I am sure.

Louis IX posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:08am

How... unexpectrangenizzarecreationice. Yeah, nice.

Michael Foerster posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:07am

First: WTF?? Second:LOL Third: ROTFL
Extra great. Plus Bonuspoints for an nonplussed Dumbles!

Ishtar replied:

Not only nonplussed, but seriously minused!

Hannah3 posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:05am

Well...that was...odd. But good. Just odd. Yeah.

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 8:57am

Oh, that was wonderful. Everyone who deserved a telling-off got it, bonus points to Cedric, and the ending--hysterical. I'm going to be laughing at random moments for the next month.

Christopher Patton posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 8:54am

Unfortunately I think your just about right with Harry's analysis of everyone and that just seems sad.

Beau Wolff posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 8:49am

This ... was ... beautiful !