Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

luiz4200 posted a comment on Tuesday 12th January 2016 10:16am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Frango as in "chicken"?

whydoyouhavetoknow posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2014 5:43am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Why, by the grace of [insert preferred deity here], would Snape call for being even?

khaoticryu posted a comment on Sunday 15th January 2012 7:02am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

ok fic to begin with and then hogwarts starts and harry becomes nothhing but cannon he doesnt do anything about anything and takes so much shit from snape that you have got to wonder if you even care that THIS IS NOT THE FUCKING CANNON CHARACTERS FFS either figure out that when you dont right cannon you have to acctully come up with how the character acts rather then just making him be a tiny less confrontational with snape or dont write at all waste of fucking time

reader1writer1 posted a comment on Saturday 12th February 2011 10:59pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Good chapter :) (actually, they all are)

Dragen posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 8:50am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Great chapter mate can't wait to read more.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 18th February 2008 3:31pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Hmmm. Does this mean the beginnings of a truce between Snape and Harry?

Cat Feral posted a comment on Wednesday 31st October 2007 1:19pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Every time I re-read this chapter, there is just one thing I find myself objecting to: I don't believe Madam Pomfrey would scream and faint at the sight of Thing. If she weren't made of sterner stuff than that, she wouldn't have lasted long as a Nurse in a school where people often get horrific, magical injuries.

I suspect that even Dumbles - though I know you aren't crazy about him from the way you portray him - would take Thing's handshake with a bit more equinimity than you've shown him with.

Otherwise, LOVELY chapter, which I have re-read many times!

Cale posted a comment on Sunday 30th September 2007 8:23am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Lo, naught anew as of yet. Tho' I have read it once, I have read it twice, and behold, I read it thrice! This has yet to cease to amuse, distract and entertain me. I feel my heart urging me to beseeth thee in a manner unbecomming and anoying for more, yet these are exactly wath many an author and artist dislike and I shan't anger thy temper, for it can do naught but make thy feeleth that thoust should NOT further this piece of lore merely to trouble me. I could not bringeth myself to inflict this pain unto all those others and myself.

Flowery speech aside, this is still an amazing read and I truly do hope to read more. But liek I said; no reviews from me demanding "MOAR" for these meet with no result and merely seem to be the source of anger. There, I've gone and went all bloomy once more.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 19th April 2007 10:21am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Outstanding.

gunny

Eric Oppen posted a comment on Sunday 8th April 2007 9:27am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Absolutely lovely chapter! Lucius' arrogant ignorance of anything outside the rather cloistered Wizard world is coming back to bite him in the arse! If Gomez was a Finance major at Yale, he should be able to run rings around Lucius AND Fudge...and I can see the goblins, prostrating themselves in unison and chanting "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Draco...I think the "D" in his name stands for Darwin Award! His approach to Wednesday was so stupid that I think Crabbe and Goyle are the smart ones; the fish wouldn't get hooked if it kept its mouth shut the way they do, after all. Loved how Harry put the smackdown on him.

Oh, I should mention...swords vary greatly in their weight, but the ones they're using sound to me like smallswords (kind of like the ones worn with modern-day court dress or in some lodges) or rather small rapiers---both of which are light and very handy. Even the heaviest swords aren't all THAT heavy (they had to be swung all day, and even Conan the Barbarian would get bad tendinitis from anything too heavy) and really heavy swords would be used against armored opponents, not in duels like the one you described. And "live steel" refers to any sharp weapon, while the quality can be fairly crapful or very good, depending on the steel, the smith and the design.

Ishtar replied:

According to AF canon, Gomez makes strange, almost random investments in odd companies, but he seems to be incredibly successful at it.   My Gomez is the custodian of the Addams Family's not insignificant resources - starting with the original Adams and Dee fortunes, guided by diviners such as Morticia, the heads of the Family over three hundred years have parlayed the initial investment into one of the great fortunes of the world, possibly even rivaling Gringotts.

Draco is not the brightest of beings, that's true.   He isn't much smarter in canon.

As for the swords, I assume that back in the days they were in common use, the children got small "training" swords to practice with - except for the fact that theirs are sharp, that's probably what Harry and Wednesday are using.   At eleven, with Addams strength and vitality and the benefits of good nutrition, the children can probably swing a sword that a young adult might have wielded a few centuries ago.   Snape had noted that there were no buttons.   That meant that at least the points were sharp, which justified the "live" steel comment.  Being a child of the slums himself, he can't identify the swords further than that, but is willing to assume they might have sharp edges as well as tips (i.e., they're rapiers rather than foils).

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Sunday 1st April 2007 7:03am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

I wonder why noone thought about the simple fact that Malfoy could get boiling-inducing Neville's mishap potion easier, as he was the one who cleared away the mess of the melted cauldron (and could take some). Others would have to get supplies somewhat, make the potion unobserved, try to avoid melting the cauldron and sharing Neville's fate...

Marius DeJordan posted a comment on Saturday 31st March 2007 4:55am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Dear Ishtar,

thanks for Family Values and Scion of Griffindor too. I really enjoy to read them.

The Idea of the Addams Family and Harry Potter?? Awesome. Please more Chapters!

Greetings from Germany,


Cornelius

P.S: Sorry for the bad English

noylj posted a comment on Friday 30th March 2007 1:30pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Please, update...don't let this story die. We have to have Dumble bashing and Addams revenge. Please....

hercat posted a comment on Friday 30th March 2007 10:51am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Absolutely, completely amazing. I've always wanted a crossover between HP and AF, and this one is a superb one. The financial sidestory is a nice addition, and I hope Gomez does do something about the Sirius situation. I'm looking forward to the meeting of the addamses and Fudge, as well as to the addition of Luna next year.

swordchucks posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2007 8:39am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

I just ran across this story and I really like it. I hope that you intend to continue it at some point as I see it's been a few months. I'm especially looking forward to Harry getting a couple of years older and a little more mature.

simons_flower posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2007 6:11am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

I've had this marked to read for about a week now, but only now have had the chance. I think it was recommended on LJ's crack_broom.

I must say I've been thoroughly entranced by the chapters up so far. I hope you continue this soon. You've got a real feel for the Addams Family and have woven it nearly seamlessly into the HP world.

I like the little touches you've put in, such as Harry, Pugsley and Wednesday using the Gaunt house and Harry finding the ring, as well as the Addamses moving into the Riddle House.

Rasgara posted a comment on Tuesday 27th March 2007 1:35pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

i love it please continue soon.

smileys,
Rasgara

belladonnacordial posted a comment on Sunday 25th March 2007 11:30pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

This is wonderful, an absolute jewel. You have captured the essence of both fandoms and melded them beautifully. I love the idea of Harry growing up ooky, spooky, and so gloriously well-loved. I adore too that the tarnished trio sorted Slytherin- where else? Look forward to reading more- much, much more if you please. This is my very favourite WIP.

Jiapa posted a comment on Sunday 25th March 2007 6:53am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

I apologize for being a nag... I love this story, and I really really hope you have the time/energy/muse to continue it soon.

May your life be happy and smooth, and your writing muse insistent!

marginaliana posted a comment on Saturday 24th March 2007 10:14pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Also, I forgot to mention that I am reccing this fic over on crack_broom on LJ... great work!