Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

amulder posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 2:49am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Great Chapter, Dorothy. Flows well. Harry still feels enough like Harry to work well in the Hogwarts universe, yet there is surely lots of Addams in him to make things interesting.

"work for gloves" - nice bit of humour! I like Thing remaining a mystery.

Slytherins don't know about golfballs... perfect. I am trying to imagine a golf game between Gomez and Albus, or maybe a foursome with Lucius and Fudge against Gomez and Fester -- a "working" game to discuss the Diagon Alley trust. Of course, once Dame Longbottom discovers she wasn't invited...

But I digress. Seriously.

I like the background bit of Gomez wanting to discuss a "legal matter" with Albus. I am just as curious to read about that as about school.

Thanks for sharing, keep it up!
...art

Elizabeth Ewins posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 1:52am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Another wonderful chapter! Thank you so much! I am glad that the long drout is over! That was wonderful! Keep up the great work!Sincerely Elizabeth Ewins

Amamama posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 11:31pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Yes! Oh, what a treat! The Addams' decend upon Hogwarts was all cream... Rich and smooth. Time for the Brits to discover that you just don't hurt an Addams. Wonderful, all of it. Then Harry's way of knocking Malfoy down a peg or six, and in the following start to tear down the walls between the houses. Way cool. I guess Snape at the end finally foundout that Harry is not such a big-head as Severus wants him to be, but is actually quite humble and honest. Yes, that must be hard to accept, but if he accepts I guess he'll be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Thanks for a great read. I love this universe of yours.

Cheers!
Berte

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 10:59pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Great. I love how they're breaking house barriers. And now even Snape is starting to come around. I like Harry's Slytherin analysis of the situation at the end.

A language club. Good idea! I figure there _have_ to be more clubs in the school than chess and charms.

Good story. Thanks so much for continuing this. It's very enjoyable.

Tom A.

Crys posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 10:46pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Well, finally got Snape to pull his head out.

Waiting on a truly spectacular Harry vs Draco fight, though. Ought to be good when it does occur.

Fun story. Thanks for sharing.

Eric Oppen posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 10:37pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Yet another great chapter! Poor Dumbledore...*grin* He doesn't have to deal much with angry parents in canon, does he?

A language club at Hogwarts sounds cool.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 10:04pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

A really rocking story so far, one that I eagerly wait for each day to see an update. Yopu've really managed to do a great cross with the Addams family here, one that rocks out loud. Honestly, I look forward to the family meeting some of the other witches and Wizards outside of Hogwarts as well, because, imo, I think they'd make a heck of an impression. Lucius Malfoy might be angry because of the balance of power switch, but Narcissa, I could see her getting along with them, as the family follows the old customs, and could see her and Morticia chatting away. Looking forward to what happens at Hogwarts next, and nice to see Snape start to get over his general animosity, and maybe start to become the teacher Harry and the others need.

Logan_MacLeod posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 9:59pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Nice setup there. Now all we have to do is wait for him to get in the Game

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 9:57pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Thanks for the excellent chapter! Chuckle.....maybe Snape's will get his act together after all! As for Malfoy.....I wonder if he'll ever realize that he and the thug duo are so outclassed that they might as well be in the next galaxy. Hmmmmm...I wonder if their potions grades will be corrected since Snape knows that they're Slytherin's hope for a first class honest team. It looks like Harry and company are putting their lessons from The Prince and The Art of War to good use! It was also enjoyable to see the invasion of the hospital wing and Dumbledore freaked out by Thing.....and that little hint about a certain court case or lack thereof. Add in the matter of the Trust and both Malfoy Senior and Dumbledore are going to have migraines first class in unison! It was nice to see how Harry and Pugsley have befriended Neville. They should get Hermione to check a certain Tom Riddle. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Chris1 posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 8:48pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Really nice chapter :) It's nice to see that Snape's attitude is... less nasty :D

Chris

Dave Harris posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 8:45pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Intriging progression. Nice to see that you still used the Quirrell-hexed bludger, and that despite Harry's differences things are progressing similarly to canon... are you planning to follow canon all the way through, or deviate and start a completely separate story arc at some point? (or are you working on the basis that in a loving family, Harry might only need one atempt to dispose of Voldemort like in Dr T's "To the rescue: alternate universe"? Nice idea, but that does deprive us of you writing about Harry and the Addamses deling with the Chamber, Sirius, the Goblet etc, and call me selfish, but I like that idea!)

Ishtar replied:

There will be a lot that's recognizable but also a lot that's different.   For example Quirrell using a different kind of hex to make the Bludger attack Harry without Quirrell even having to be there, instead of doing the constant attention jinx on his broom.   Halloween   will be very different indeed!   It would be boring for me and you if I did a straight retelling of canon.

KingDark posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 8:36pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Very nice chapter,
Is snape going to be more friendly towards the addams?
It would make a bit sense if he would, after all harry is a slyterhin this time?
Anyway, keep up the good work and i am waiting for the next chapter in excitement!

Treck posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 8:29pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

It was several hours before he came back in again.

And proceeded to get drunk. <Smirk>

Very well done.

taxzombie posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 8:20pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Good chapter. But I was a bit surprised by it. I was expecting them to get Draco at some point. So far it appears to be a rather cold war. No action by the Addams anyway.

vl100butch posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 7:45pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

I can't wait for the next chapter--the bad guys aren't going to know what hit them.

Smargden posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 7:41pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Thank you for the update - yes I was missing it, and I do accept your reason - : Hm I have no reason to complain at all.
Its GOD reading - it's a realy "new way - story" and I do like it. AND you puting in some god laugh to. I did go of reading yst to do the laughter at thet point at
((
"K-keeps vampires aw-way," said Quirrell.
"There aren’t any vampires within miles of Hogwarts!"
"W-works, d-doesn’t it?"
))
Just to give one example.
God work and I wish you and yours
all the best in the coming days.

And - hm - I do hope you have time to write a lot of chapters.
I do have a lot of time to read them.

/Bill


Arkeus posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 7:15pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

The Bludger ting was a good twist on canon, but i am wary of the good!Snape and calculating!Snape i can see lurking. I really hope that for once, you won' have one.

Brad1 posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 6:07pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

wow i think snape is actually going to realise harry really isnt his father! i cant wait to see what happens with bumble's and morticia and gomez! ahh the fire works should be wonderful! i wonder if they do letter bombs instead of howlers? keep up the awesome writing!

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 5:41pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Awesome Job!!!! I'm glad to see that your back on this amazing story. I'm sorry to hear that your having to rewrite the entire story because you were reminded of a mistake ya made but if it makes the story better don't look at it as lost time look at it as time well spent making something amazing into something truly amazing! DO keep up the outstanding work and update soon please:):):):)

Ishtar replied:

Didn't have to rewrite the story; just the first version of this chapter had to be tossed and started over!  

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 17th December 2006 4:32pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

This was an excellent chapter. Of course Snape's encouragement to the other Slytherin's
is what caused Harry to be burned by the potion.
Malfoy probably made it and put it in Harry's bed. I'm glad Thing is there. That is such a good image. I really enjoyed Thing in the Adams family series. This is such a great take off from the 2 story lines. I think it is great that Pugsley and Harry are making friends with Neville and Hermione. I'm glad Harry helped Neville even though they are in different houses. It looks like Harry is going to be tearing down the House Boundaries. That is great. I really like the way that Harry got on the Quiditch team this time around. It is really interesting about the bludger. Did Snape just happen to come up and save the day? Did Quirril hex the bludger like he did in canon? It looks that way but time will tell I hope. I look forward to the next chapter. Thank you for writing. pms