Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Freddy posted a comment on Friday 12th January 2007 1:45pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

You've got a really great fanfic here. The only minor quibble I have is that Harry's a bit too... Defensive.

QOShea posted a comment on Friday 12th January 2007 8:38am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

This chapter rocked! Can't wait to see the next :)

TDW posted a comment on Thursday 11th January 2007 2:14pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Just wanted to let ya know that i am really enjoying this story and look forward to more.
Keep up the good work!

Davideg posted a comment on Tuesday 9th January 2007 5:03am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

just whant to know how the next chapter is coming along because im going insane waiting for it

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Monday 8th January 2007 1:32am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Please, now that the Holidays are over, find some time to add a Chapter for all your fans who are going slowly crackers waiting.

I second Bob's comment on Boils. Hives, while bad, might work better, but it is probably too late to change now.

Ishtar replied:

I used boils because JKR used boils.   That first class is canon.   I note that while Neville was whimpering in pain, he didn't scream and was able to go to the Hospital Wing with some help.   He might be more stoic than most, but still, it wasn't totally debilitating.   Additionally, Harry is, I must point out, an Addams.   This means he has a ridiculously high pain tolerance to begin with.   The boils did wipe him out to the point where he was slurring his speech somewhat, and he couldn't move without help, so they did have some effect on him.   Once he got to the Hospital Wing, he was administered pain potions - I didn't think I needed to mention those, but apparently I did.  

In the chaper I'm working on now, someone else gets a dose of the boil potion, and we can see its effect on a "normal" wizard.

noylj posted a comment on Sunday 7th January 2007 3:57pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

well? i hope you are still working on this great story

slytherinjedi posted a comment on Wednesday 27th December 2006 1:50pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

cool story i dont think i have ever found a crossover like this before

la13 posted a comment on Wednesday 27th December 2006 12:48pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

I'm not sure if I've reviewed this story yet or not, but I've really been enjoying it so far. I love that for once Harry has network of support with the Addams family who refuse to let themselves be bullied into crafting Harry into some war machine. Also, very glad to see the interhouse barriers breaking down. anyway, enjoying it lots!

Peachy posted a comment on Monday 25th December 2006 10:52pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

excellent work. This Story holds true to HP and The Addams Family. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Anita

sakurayamakawa posted a comment on Monday 25th December 2006 9:05pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

-whine- when is the next update??

Bobmin356 posted a comment on Monday 25th December 2006 9:06am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Alright, I finally caught up with this. I read the first chapter when you first published it and didn't like it, but it quickly picked up.

One comment I'd like to make concerning this chapter, and a problem I see a lot of authors falling into. Boils. If you've never had the distinct pleasure of experiencing one, you'd not know that even a single boil can cripple a person with pain.

I know, I've had them more times than I'd like to recall, and the very idea of having more than one boil at a time would be enough to send me screaming for the phone and 911.

A back covered in boils? He wouldn't even be conscious. They hurt that much. Imagine someone shoving a golfball under your skin and you might begin to get the picture.

Good chapter, once I got through wincing over to the boils.

-Bob

erin_colien posted a comment on Friday 22nd December 2006 7:11am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

This is a great story, i just found it and read it straight through cant wait for the next update. Happy Holidays.

Tom Mathews posted a comment on Thursday 21st December 2006 9:43pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Thing at Hogwarts? Great.

I wonder about Thing's girlfriend Ladyfingers.

I do wonder if Gomez is going to do something about Frank and Alice Longbottom's condition.

The Addams might be dark, but family matters to them. I hope Gomez also gets Sirius out of Azkaban soon.

PattyPaws posted a comment on Thursday 21st December 2006 5:56am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

You have me hooked! I am looking forward to more... Like the way you have written about Thing.

mekareami posted a comment on Thursday 21st December 2006 2:44am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

At first I was sceptical about the crossover. However, after reading it I must say I love the story so far and I hope you update soon. Thank you for writing.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Thursday 21st December 2006 2:41am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

"Thing is one of our most trusted family members," said Mrs Addams. "As for what he is, exactly, we’re not sure. We found him on our doorstep one winter morning, shivering and holding a business card that said ‘Will Work for Gloves.’ We took him in, of course, and he’s been with us ever since."



By the way, what are the official origin of Thing (if there are any)?

Ishtar replied:

I'm not aware that Thing has an "official origin".   His first appearance is in a cartoon that appeared in the New Yorker, showing two hands sticking out of a console record player, acting as the "record changer".   I don't know that the TV show ever mentioned an "origin", and I know it wasn't mentioned in the two movies (I haven't seen the direct-to-video movie, and I don't want to).   So I made up the origins, such as they are, of Thing and Lurch and assume that odd entities are drawn to the Family like iron filings to a magnet.   I probably won't say much more about Thing, but there will be more about Lurch in later chapters.

Sanityfaerie posted a comment on Wednesday 20th December 2006 10:27am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Wow, but that had a bang at the end. Well played, Sir. Well played indeed.

the Sanity Faerie

DrT posted a comment on Wednesday 20th December 2006 7:22am for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

Wow, excellent chapter, although I thought Harry would have been a bit more proactive in getting Malfoy. Waiting for things to go cold, perhaps?

"T"

Ishtar replied:

You know how revenge is best served, don't you?

fountaam posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 11:02pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

:)

Jiapa posted a comment on Monday 18th December 2006 9:30pm for The Art of War - Gathering Allies

*happy sigh* Thank you for more story. I love this so far, and am eagerly looking forward to more.