Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 7th February 2006 2:12am

Ch.2 - - It really kills me that you are making Peter a likable character. I want to feel free to wish a thousand small Difindos to hack him up slowly.

But here, pre-that fateful night, pre-your AU for for all I know, you have gone and made him someone of substance and only sort of disreputable. Voldie's threat is understandably cowering.

Yet Peter is trying to prevent the ultimate betrayal - but then, that IS what your AU is all about.

Quite compelling.

Ishtar replied:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it so far. In every other fic where I've seen Peter, he's a sniveling, whiny little coward - or at the very least, ineffectual - and I've never thought the Marauders would hang out with someone like that. So here I've tried to show a Peter who has some strengths, but is out of his depth, to make his fall more poignant.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Tuesday 7th February 2006 12:28am

Ch.1 - - Excellent creation of the Fidelius Charm's mechanics.

Interesting personalities for Peter, as well as James and Lily. The younger Remus and Sirius have more from canon to draw from, but this was well done also.

I've never seen anyone make Godric's Hollow the whole Potter Estate, and a small house the actual protected place on the estate somewhere.

Clever all around!

Sophia posted a comment on Monday 6th February 2006 2:11am

This is a great story, very charming, I'm very curious on where you will take this story. I can't wait for the next chapter, keep the great work up :-)

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Thursday 2nd February 2006 1:00am

Eek! Get better! Absolutely priority #1.

That husband of yours better be treating your like a Queen or we'll have to duke it out.

~floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee~

red jacobson1 posted a comment on Thursday 2nd February 2006 12:20am

Hey Dorothy; I finally got a chance to read your story; and I'm really enjoying it. Granted, my curiousity was raised by the teaser quote from Kieth about Duck Spanking; but, I'm having fun with this story, and it seems like you are as well.

There are many things I've liked, just to mention a few, Remus the Writer (Does he write 'Anita Blake' fanfiction *GRIN*?) Sirius the Unspeakable; A Ghostly Uncle Peter; and Hufflepuff Harry, all things I don't thing I've ever seen before in a story.

I'm really looking forward to what ever happens next.

red

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Wednesday 1st February 2006 12:28pm

Oooh, the natives are getting restless! I may be greedy, but I'm not rude (usually), so can ask for an update? Even if it's not another chapter, can you just let us know what's going on?

This is such a good story I'm actually -scared- press you for info, but I just gots to know!

Thanks!

Ishtar replied:

No it's not abandoned. I've had a small medical problem that makes it difficult to focus on writing (no energy, blah!) and I hope that the treatment I'm currently undergoing will make it easier for me to focus. Chapter 9 is thisclose to being done, I will post as soon as I can. (Dream sequences are a pain to write!)

Thank you for your concern.

eddie posted a comment on Saturday 28th January 2006 10:58pm

very well done i like the way you split up the players and had them together on the train just like the origanal mauraders. keep it up this is gonna be good.

Scott M posted a comment on Saturday 28th January 2006 6:28pm

This is a very interesting story, and I hope to see more of it. It's nice to see a story where Harry is neither Gryffindor nor Slytherin, and there aren't many of any kind about Hufflepuff. Great work so far.
-Scott

jb238 posted a comment on Tuesday 24th January 2006 6:05am

Highly enjoyable chapter. I like that Harry is sorted into Hufflepuff and the way they take care of each other. Not many stories deal in any detail with the Hufflepuffs, so this promises fascinating reading. Also Harry has friends in all houses and is forming an inter-house Marauders gang, which should lead to interesting activities. Snape looks like he will overcome his problems with James and see Harry in a different light. I'm curious what happens between Ron and Harry. At the moment they don't know each other yet.

Fishburne posted a comment on Friday 20th January 2006 3:17pm

WICKED!!!!

I love this. You have woven a completely new world for the JKR Gang. Its fantastic. It was even better than CATS, I'll read it again and again...

Fish

CharmsCharlie posted a comment on Wednesday 18th January 2006 5:27am

GREAT STORY!!!

Couple of things Pranking can, in my opinion, be indirectly constructive. YOu learn new charms/transfigurations to successfully pull off a prank. You learn stealth. I mean really most kids (in the real world) spend their time watching TV. Canon Harry spends his time half-assedly solving mysteries (See HBP where he STARES at the Marauder's Map "Every Free Chance he gets" looking for Draco Malfoy!!!!)


Relatively speaking, pranking if done well could be good. THe problem is that usually its childish crap with unfunny events (not that Hanging Snape upside down is particularly funny, but...) Also, The marauders LEARNED to be Animagi because of doing illegal activities related to pranking/rule breaking.


In this Harry's context, Harry being in Hufflepuff makes sense, and as much as I dislike it, he would PROBABLY be friends with Granger. My biggest frustration is that he's gonna be OBVIOUSLY best friends with someone from each house. Tracey (Slytherin), Neville (Gryffindor), Hermione (Ravenclaw), and himself from Hufflepuff. I hate this cliche. I REALLY hope you don't turn them into a group of the "Super-Friends".

Second thing is, this isn't going to Philospher's Stone REDUX, is it? Cause that would be tremendously disappointing.

About the confrontation with Malfoy on the train, I wish he would have actually used a few jinxes or something on Malfoy. It said he knows some jinxes and Hexes Peter's taught him.

Maybe he didn't need to use them, but for him to say, "No idea," when asked what he would have done seems...weak, for the character.

Regarding Harry's interests, I like that he's into more creative things like Herbology and Potions. It seems like Harry's natural interests (since he was raised by elves) are towards, HErbology, Potions, And Charms (as this is what elvish magic primarily is used for. They don't CHANGE things, they clean/improve things and add an element of magic to them.)

I don't know about the pranking, it could be good, as I said, but was he REALLY raised with that mentality? I mean, elves seem like pretty peaceful creatures regardless of Peter's influence.

Anyway, UPDATE SOON!!! :-) ;-)



Knight_Hax0r posted a comment on Monday 9th January 2006 9:40pm

Very good story Except that Harry is in HUFFLEPUFF! (Really I can't see a problem with it, other than the fact that he has always been a Gryffindor! I guess if he had met Ron then he would have gotten into Gryffindor.) I wonder if Snape will be better to him now that he knows the boy isn't lying about his potions ethic.

Ooohh The Next batch of Maruaders has a Gryffindor (courage and bravery, a Ravenclaw (the Brain), A Sneaky Slytherin, and a loyal Hufflepuff as the Leader, I wonder if they'll have a good nature battle with the Weasly Twins over who gets to Attack Malfoy!

I wonder if you'll make them all animagi, should be interesting, and I wonder if they'll let Ron join them!

Good stuff all around, though the Hufflepuff thing does suprise me, just as Hermione being sent to Ravenclaw!

vire posted a comment on Monday 9th January 2006 5:07am

What a unique and excellent story. You manage to answer questions that I had already thought of (why didn't they choose Dumbledore as secret keeper?) and cover ground that I hadn't considered, such as why the Fidelius didn't fall. I like how you managed the house elf situation, and also the inclusion of Peter's ghost. One nit-pick that I'm sure someone else has mentioned: when Hagrid meets Harry he comments that he has his mother's eyes - isn't Harry under glamour at this point and so his eyes are hazel?

I'm looking foward to seeing what happens next with this new group of friends, and how Snape will treat Harry.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 9th January 2006 2:22am

Now, *this* Harry seems reasonable as a Hufflepuff and I'll agree that Hermoine as shown here, a bit more flexible in her belief in the accuracy of the written word belongs in Ravenclaw. Combined with an intelligent Snape, this bodes well to be a rather different continuum from canon by even the end of the first year. I'm really looking forward to where this is going.

PhiloWorm posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 9:43pm

Ohhhh this is good I can't wait to see more Marauder pranks and stuff. I do hope you are a fast updater, cauze I wanna read this all day (and night) long.

Jamie46 posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 5:32pm

:) Yay! Finally got a chance to read this! hehehehe. A really great chapter; I like how Snape is being *ahem* "adult" enough to not hate Harry forever and ever because of being Lupin`s "nephew". It`s good that he can be a bit more mature about that. :) I was amazed that Dumbledore offered to reSort him; and very glad that even McGonagall agreed with Sprout (and Harry). I wonder if Harry (and Peter) will ever realize that Seamus is in Gryffindor; I`m sure Peter hasn`t spoken of him, and with Harry not in Gryffindor, there`s not really any need for him to casually mention Seamus. :) Looking forward to that. Also cool how the four friends went into four different Houses. But they`re still together :) yay. Ok, gotta dash. But it was another great chapter; thanks a bunch for sharing!

Manatheron posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 3:26pm

... just don't make harry a phoenix animagus please, it's been done far to much, and thank you for not having the other maruaders refer to him as 'Pronglet' also far to overused.

Keep up the excellent work.

Quizer posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 11:12am

I liked the Hogwarts express spelling out messages in smoke, and the Patils' flying carpet. Its adding tiny details like this that make your stories stand out.

Wouldn't Peter have had to tell the Secret to Hedwig in order for her to be able to come and go at the Dower Estate?

I also noticed that Neville's parents seem to have made a full recovery, despite the abuse that was heaped upon them in chapter 4. I guess the people at St. Mungo's finally found a way to use the much-abused Memory Charm for something good, eh?

"By the way, Harry, what spell would you have cast if he'd pushed it?" - I really liked the realism of this question. It's a far cry from those stories that have Harry cast all sorts of spells before he even gets to Hogwarts.

till your next update
Quizer

Donald McLeod posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 6:55am

Good reserch, I like your use of Sett. This I did not know. Of all the Hufflepuff storys Yours the most beliveable. Thank you for it.

viranne posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2006 4:47am

Great chapter!

Snape will never be warm and cuddly towards Harry, and he wouldn't be Snape if he didn't remain difficult, but I really like how you have made Snape fair. I absolutely detest sugar-sweet Snape, and I am also not too fond of cruel Snape. This Snape will be interesting to see.

I can't wait till the next chapter!