Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Sakya posted a comment on Thursday 26th July 2007 5:36am

Update, update, update, please!

Stine posted a comment on Saturday 14th July 2007 7:04pm

I wasn' entirely sure about this story at first, but now I like it. Where did Harry go? Did he pop as the houseelves?

magiccrystalrose posted a comment on Friday 6th July 2007 12:11pm

Did he pop into the elf mode of travel? I really enjoy your story. Keep it up!

Riven posted a comment on Tuesday 19th June 2007 5:51pm

is there going to be an update to this story soon?
it is a wonderful story and i know you are updateing family values right now, which by the way i have been following and i absolutley love it so please continue. but if you have any spare time AFTER updateing family values then could you work on this one?
that is a rather nifty cliffie you left us with there.

oh and i just thought, maby harry used house elf poping to get away from the brooms, because we all know you cannot apprate in hogwarts ;)

sblackfan posted a comment on Tuesday 12th June 2007 11:23am

Great story. When will Sirius & Remus learn about Peter?

Puidwen posted a comment on Thursday 7th June 2007 12:46pm

i'm likeing it

nancy in chicago posted a comment on Monday 30th April 2007 3:08am

Someone recommended this story, and I really enjoyed it... but... it's been a year! Can you update it sometime?

I'm off to read Family Values now, I hope I like it as much!

nancy in chicago

Kait1991 posted a comment on Sunday 29th April 2007 7:56am

this story is very good, i cant wait for more

Ruth posted a comment on Saturday 28th April 2007 6:54am

I do hope that you haven't abandoned this, as you say you have not. It's a terrific story, and a horrble cliffhanger. I'll give you cyber cookies if you update...

Puck1 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 9:43am

Update, please?

Kalen Darkmoon posted a comment on Tuesday 20th February 2007 1:56pm

Great story. Its the first I've read where Pettigrew attempts to atone for his betrayal. Looking forward to more.

Mark Blaine posted a comment on Saturday 17th February 2007 11:39am

One of my favorite stories. When will it update?

Bobboky posted a comment on Saturday 17th February 2007 6:51am

good

bratling posted a comment on Monday 5th February 2007 3:41am

Uh oh. I'm really worried now. :)

Murgatroyd posted a comment on Monday 29th January 2007 8:19am

'"Call me Doc" Elmer Smith'... is his middle initial "E", by any chance?

johnapple posted a comment on Thursday 11th January 2007 6:52pm

What an awful ending - now I will die (hehe) waiting for an update. Such a great story . I just discovered this story last night through some link. I don't know which link ---sorry.
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story.

Hilary McKenna posted a comment on Monday 1st January 2007 6:01pm

No! Please don't leave us hanging here. You have to tell us what happened to Harry! Please write more soon!

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Friday 24th November 2006 11:37am

I noticed it's been quite a while since this fic was last updated. I hope that you update this soon. Stopping this at a cliffhanger like this is just so Wrong!

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Friday 24th November 2006 8:48am

I'm not yet finished reading this chapter (actually I just started), but I really needed to leave a message to you, Ishtar. I just read your author's note at the beginning of this chapter and I hope, I pray, you change your mind about there being no permanent 'shipping' in this fic. I know that in this fic it is not important, not even a focus for you. However, 'shipping' is one of the best features of a fic. I don't mean you shouldn't do what you originally intended, having Harry involved in different relationships. I was just hoping that at the end he DOES end up with someone permanently. Maybe you can even hint about it like JK Rowling did in the books (she kept hinting at a Harry and Ginny pairing for ages until confirming it at the sixth book). Basically, I am a person who really likes happy endings and a happy ending usually has the hero getting the girl, even if the girl isn't the first one he hooks up with. Also, I do so hope you also make romance a big part of this fic because, since you are doing a fic where we are following this new and improved Harry, it will be really interesting to see how he reacts to that as well. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this fic that is availaible and I hope you update soon.

Ishtar replied:

I like happy endings too.   And what you suggested is exactly what I'm doing.   Harry will be involved to greater or lesser degrees with various girls throughout his school years, and quite likely go off with one of them afterwards. (Whether they get married or not is another question.) I put the note about shipping because I was getting a lot of "I won't read it if it's Harry/Hermione" or "If it isn't Harry/Ginny I'm out of here"  and people assuming that because of the rescue incident, the story was going to be entirely H/Hr and Harry was never even going to look at another girl.     I didn't want the story to be identified only by its ship, since it is not primarily a romance.    There are really very few people who meet their "twue wuv" at the age of eleven.   Yes, he may end up with someone permanently.   But I didn't want to say "Yes, he ends up with Tracey Davis seven years from now"  since making the choice between girls is a large part of the plot and I don't want to ruin it.   'Hinting about it during the story' was exactly what I was doing.   There was Hermione first, then next year maybe some added stuff with Tracy,  then Cho, and possibly a crush on someone else during the TWT ... and then he decides.   (BTW, I'm one of the ones who didn't think JKR  handled the H/G thing all that well.)  

I think 'shipping' and the tendency to be 'true' to a ship to the point where there were considerable violent feelings between the H/Hr shippers and the H/G shippers at one point are actually harmful to the fandom as a whole.    If  readers ship H/Hr, they miss some good H/G stories, as well as all the H/Tonks and some really marvelous slash stories.   I don't 'ship'.   I'll read most of the major ships, and judge them by the quality of the story itself, not the person he winds up with at the end.  

Chris Winter posted a comment on Tuesday 21st November 2006 3:07am

Love the personality changes of Peter in your story compared to those of other authors. Also your, well i guess research, into the dates was a nice touch as well.

Good luck with this story and I hope you do update this story soon, or in the next few weeks/months...lol.