Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

azntgr01 posted a comment on Monday 20th March 2006 11:30am

:)

azntgr01 posted a comment on Monday 20th March 2006 9:36am

I didn't like the fact that Peter was buried in Potter's field. Other than that, great story so far. :)

Ishtar replied:

Potter's Field is just what they call it - the shorthand term for a municipal graveyard where the poor and unidentified are buried.   I could have called it "Municipal Graveyard #3" or something, but everybody knows what Potter's Field is.   And it was ironic.

Mayjest posted a comment on Monday 20th March 2006 2:52am

Certainly an interesting story. I almost feel sorry for Peter, the way you've betrayed him. Almost.

EricThorsen posted a comment on Saturday 18th March 2006 10:30am

Interesting direction this is taking... I look forward to more soon.

Tobang posted a comment on Sunday 26th February 2006 5:08am

Good update i enjoyed it. Thanks for writing.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Friday 24th February 2006 4:50pm

Nice work.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Friday 24th February 2006 2:50pm

"Incredibly overprotective house elf bodyguards?"

"Check," said Nanny, popping in next to Harry.

ROTFLMAO!

"Yeh look a lot like yer dad, but yeh've got yer mum's eyes."

Doesn't he have a glamour disguising his eyes on right now?

Excellent chapter. Loved the signing with Snape.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Friday 24th February 2006 2:16pm

You actually paint a believable picture of
Peter, likable and out in a bad situation
without the courage to do what was needed until
it was too late.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Friday 24th February 2006 11:39am

Excellent work. I'm left
wondering if James and
Lilly were there to
condem him or offer
forgiveness for his
weakness.

Rin posted a comment on Friday 24th February 2006 6:45am

Love the story. You need to update soon.

jb238 posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd February 2006 4:59am

I like Harry being a proud Hufflepuff and still having the wits of a Slytherin. Highly amusing prevention of the duel between Draco and Ron. Ingenious idee terminating spells to change colors on robes. I think as a Hufflepuff he would be very understanding of animals, maybe you could feature more animal friends. I also like Snape beeing strict but fair when he sees Harry respecting his work and showing a real interest.

tracy hill posted a comment on Sunday 19th February 2006 8:31am

this is really good. it so closely could have happened!! if just a few things changed in the books this could be the result.
looking forward to the next installment.
tracy

Gioia posted a comment on Saturday 18th February 2006 2:00pm

Just discovered your fic and I'm very much enjoying it! When I saw you had put Harry in a house other than Gryffindor, I initially groaned, as any other fic I've ever seen do that has then ventured so far into AU territory that the characters no longer resemble their canon counterparts. However, you've done an admirable job of keeping Harry canon-ish while placing him in different circumstances. Great job! I look forward to seeing more.

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Saturday 18th February 2006 3:55am

This is one of the better stories I have read! I really hope you keep on updating.

timte2002 posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 4:39am

A very nice chapter and I look forward to future ones. I really admire how a lot of Harry's attitude can be explained by having Peter (who's basically a good guy, but forced to do bad things; just like he knew he would) as a parental figure while he's growing up. I can't wait to see how you would handle his reintroduction to society at large (or any unreasonable facsimile thereof).

I do wonder if Hermione's going to point out that muggle electronic monitoring devices won't work when they all have proof positive that not all muggle electronics (I think the small cameras have some electronics in it?) is rendered useless at the school.

I also hope that Harry will not out-Hermione the original. Maybe it's just me, but I've been getting the impression for the past few chapters that those two share quite a bit of traits, if at different quantities.

I'll shut up now and just enjoy your work. ;)

Ishtar replied:

This is '91-before electronic cameras really became common. The one Tracey has is one of those little "spy cameras" they used to sell that uses regular film - which does work in Hogwarts. Harry is a bit more studious here than he is in canon; he's been encouraged to be in early tutoring with Peter, and he doesn't have Ron to hold him back with wilful laziness. He's still not in Hermione's league, though, especially once she gets her teeth in the bit as far as magic stuff is concerned. Harry may be teaching her basic things about magic (like using Snape's book), but once she's got the basics figured out, she's going to be off like a shot.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 11:00pm

Doesn't Hogwards Express coach have 6, not 4 seats? Ron could enter then...

Ishtar replied:

I was assuming the owl cage and toad carrier took up the extra seats. Not to mention how coats, cloaks, shoulder bags (Harry, Hermione, and Tracey were all carrying bags), and just general stuff tend to spread out in no time flat.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 5:58pm

Very nice story, and very A.U.-ish. Please do write next chapter.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 1:10am

Your creativity for pranks rivals the twins and the Marauders. Terrific.

Harry's negotiation of the Weasley/Malfoy duel was brilliant. Slytherin side showing there, for very Hufflepuff reasons.

The flying lesson was great also. I had not even considered that Harry would have to at least fly in another direction to be seen by his Head of House.

The very different approach to Halloween was also fascinating.

Great work!

Jay-F posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 2:39pm

good story, this story seems to be shaping in such a way that snake magic could go well with the theme, i have seen that done in many ways, one that i thought was good was being able to chanel spels through words said in parsel toung, basicaly wandless magic except that you are still using a focus, also have it be more powerfull in the dark arts and have a few spells that cannot be done other wise, just a fun idea.
Thanks for wrritng,
Jay

Nanio posted a comment on Monday 13th February 2006 5:27pm

I like it, although there's not much else I can say. The decision to put in a chimaera is really cool, and gives a nice twist on things. Plus, the whole Halloween dinner fiasco was incredibly funny and inspirational in its own way. I really did enjoy it.