Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

keichan2 posted a comment on Wednesday 26th August 2015 4:44am

I will confess that I was half expecting for Gabrielle to somehow recognize Sherlock as Harry, thanks to some mysterious Veela power… (saved her -> link between them…)

"I was wondering when you two were going to realize that" *snort* Bwahahahahaha!

Thanks for the new chapter!

I hope to read more soon!

Ishtar replied:

I've got quite enough tropes to flog in this without dragging in "mysterious veela powers". Bad enough I made Fleur an inveterate matchmaker!

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Monday 24th August 2015 7:03am

A well written introduction of the Order.

cleats63 posted a comment on Sunday 23rd August 2015 6:41pm

Really enjoying this so far. The various side stories are interesting as well: what happened to Snape, who put the block on Harry/Sherlock, why is his appearance so different, how many other JRRT references will there be, etc?

Thanks for writing - Cleats63

Amamama posted a comment on Sunday 23rd August 2015 9:09am

Oooohhh! *wide grin* This is brilliant stuff. Love the interactions with the different people, how Snape was taken care of, Molly's shock at seeing him, F&G and Fleur testing him, Ginny and Gabrielle and Tonks and ... All. Of. It. And this finish, with Mary's calm comment "I was wondering when you two were going to realise that." Brilliant, really. Great fun.

While waiting for this chapter I reread them all (and had a great time), and now I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Again. Thank you!

Tenchifew posted a comment on Sunday 23rd August 2015 6:47am

Glad to see a new chapter of this fascinating story!

...and they just so happen to have an accomplished assassin in the room, don't they.

Thank you for writing.

Ishtar replied:

Convenient, isn't it?

Glad you're enjoying it!

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 23rd August 2015 3:58am

Another excellent chapter. I will point out, however, that since Hobbits also grew 'taters' (as they were called in the books), they could smoke tobacco. Of course, I would agree that some of the characters were likely smoking something else!

Ishtar replied:

Maybe that's what Neville and John were arguing about. :-)   (I'l admit I had forgotten about the 'taters.)

Kaerion posted a comment on Sunday 23rd August 2015 3:11am

Very interesting chapter!

I'm intrigued by the whole Snape thing, even though I have no idea what it might lead to, but the best part of the chapter was definitely finding out what's been going on with all the HP characters since Harry disappeared, and I'm hoping we'll get to know at least some of them a lot better in the future.

In general, I'm also very happy with how big of a role you've given Mary in this, since she's such an awesome and fascinating character, and since her skills will obviously be quite useful going forward.

Already looking forward to the next chapter, so keep up the great work! This is easily the best way I can imagine getting my Sherlock fix, at least until the Christmas special in a few months. :)

Ishtar replied:

So many Sherlock fics wallow in Mary hatred. I wanted to do something a little different. Yeah, she's done some not-nice things.Yeah, she's selfish and wants what she wants and thinks life owes her a little something. And yeah, shooting Sherlock was a really stupid thing to do and it's going to affect things for a long time to come - you don't get over something like that rapidly, and while John will trust her behind his back with a gun, he still doesn't trust her behind Sherlock's back with a gun, and she knows it. At least they've both gotten past that "we're a normal suburban couple" phase that was driving them both nuts.

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Saturday 22nd August 2015 8:15pm

Another great chapter, can't wait for the next one! Thanks for posting.

20cent posted a comment on Friday 21st August 2015 9:25pm

Really nice story, the Harry/Sherlock character is really interesting !

Amamama posted a comment on Thursday 20th August 2015 1:02am

So, thirsty for an update and yearning for a fun fic to read - but not caring to sift through loads of fics with bad spelling to find something good, I decided to start over on this one. Which was a good choice. So much that slipped past me when I read it the first time. Like Wainwright managing to throw "Obliviate!" into the magical vortex that harry dove into. No wonder Sherlock remembers nothing about being Harry. Can an old obliviation be undone? Now that Harry's magic is pushing its way forward, and I'm sure we'll see Ducky checking up on Sherlock, and will he spot the obliviation spell? No wonder Harry's magic figured the safest thing was to block itself to keep Harry safe. Blasted wizards and their tracking spells - and their condescending, superior attitude towards teens pointing out uncomfortable truths.

2cha posted a comment on Wednesday 12th August 2015 3:57pm

i love If you abandon this, I will cry.

Richard Robinson posted a comment on Thursday 6th August 2015 5:26pm

Sorry but the lines are overlapping so as to make it impossible to read

Richard Robinson

richardrobinsonjr@yahoo.com

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Wednesday 5th August 2015 11:39am

Hi, I'm generally a lurker, because I can't abid writing reviews of "Great Chapter, keep it coming". which most of mine would be. However I've really enjoyed this story so far and hop to follow it to the end. I also have to ask ... is "Family Values" a dead issue? It was the best Harry x Addams crossover I had found then before it just stopped. [And in truth, I must admit that now Tenhawk's character of (Ravenclaw) Wednesday Addams in "Alexander Harris and the Shadow Council", a mamouth "Harry Potter x Addams Family x BVTS" triple cross over, (where Harry is just part of the supporting cast) and her boyfriend, at Hogwarts, (Slytherin) Xander Harris, pretty much trumps any other " x Addams" story I have seen now] .

Ishtar replied:

Thank you for reading, and I'm doing to do my damnedest to finish this thing. I don't think it's going to be too monstrously huge, which is my usual problem - I get too ambitious with my story. The Addams Family Xover is an example of that. I stopped writing when I did because of a serious problem with depression that pretty much stopped my doing anything creative. I still have my outline and notes and scenes that I wrote back then, and hope to kick myself into gear and work on it again, but I know myself well enough to make no promises. All I can say is that I will try.

keichan2 posted a comment on Wednesday 5th August 2015 12:47am

"thirty-seven missing houses in London?" 37 Fidelius? I’m sure that some people would be shocked to know they can be broken that easily! (Yes! I know that Sherlock was then "distracted" from investigating more, but it means that a wizard with more two brain cells to rub together that would actively be looking for them would find them!)

"brightly painted with red and gold and black stripes" I would say Gryffindor colors, myself… ;-p

"he’s not going to rest until he’s found the four he missed" Bwahahahaha! Thought so, too! ;-p

"rumour that she was pregnant" And, as Sherlock is NOT her son, then I can’t help but wonder who it is… (if the rumor was true, of course…)

I wonder where you are going with Snape’s portrait…

Thanks for the new chapter!

I hope to read more soon!

Ishtar replied:

They're not all, or even mostly, under the Fidelius. They're mostly under Unplottability, Disillusionment, Notice-Me-Not, Muggle-Repelling, or similar types of charms. Combinations of these charms can make a house pretty much invisible to people who aren't keyed in to the spells, but Sherlock can observe the discrepancies and deduce where they have to be, even if he can't see them.

The snake is very much in Gryffindor colors, but Sherlock wasn't going to see it as such since he doesn't know about Gryffindor yet.

Daily Prophet Reporting posted a comment on Tuesday 4th August 2015 12:38am

I've gone through the first eight chapters of this in the last couple of nights, and I wanted to give you a quick thumbs up for this. Mystery is an area where the HP fandom can often be quite lacking, and you've picked the perfect crossover to bring it out in spades. Well done.

Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed the detail, the creativity and of course the big plot twist you've already given us. I'll be following eagerly to see where you take this next.

Thanks for your hard work!

Dave Harris posted a comment on Monday 3rd August 2015 2:18pm

Ishtar is correct about the numbering.

It's likely that Grimmauld Place is effectively separately named from the street is belongs to, and is set back from it slightly, forming three side of a square with the communal "park" fronted by the three sides of houses. The numbers would not be continuous from the street it forms a part of (and which, yes, will likely have odd numbers on the left starting from 1 and evens on the right, starting from 2). The "terraced" housing would likely be of two and a half or three stories.

The central area would not normally be called a "commons" though (although a "common" is a communally owned piece of land, often of fairly wide expanse, where "commoners" would have held "common rights" to graze a certain number of sheep, take a certain amount of wood or other materials etc- it's quite a tendentious subject among rural people in some areas), and these days may well be kept up by the local council or a residents' association.

...and... damn, Snape's alive? Maybe the title was wrong after all, and it should have been "missing wizards" :)

Ishtar replied:

Yeah, JKR uses the word "square". So that's correct. My use of the term "commons" is obviously inaccurate (this story is unbeta'd and un-Britpicked, so all goofs are my own).

 

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 3rd August 2015 2:06pm

This is very entertaining. Thank you. Looking forward to more.

The comments about the affect of missing Harry on the population was very interesting. Hard to imagine the level of unsanity that would lead a large number of girls/women to believe _they_ would be the star of the fairy tale. And to have enough of them to impact the population as a whole.... but then these are magicals, and it seems that magic has a detrimental effect on logical thinking.

Hmmm, Dean as an auror. Unexpected. He usually ends up as an artist. Different.

Umbridge in Azkaban. Couldn't happen to a more deserving person. Wonder what happened to fudge. Will Sherlock have to interact with him?

Thanks for the story.

Tom A.

Amamama posted a comment on Monday 3rd August 2015 2:30am

Oh, yeah... Brilliant! I have a yearning for Hermione's (or Sirius' or Remus') pov. What is she thinking when she's around Sherlock!Harry? Isn't she reckognising anything about him at all, or is it just that she's very good at keeping it to herself? And Remus, noticing "something else" about him. When will it click? WIll it click before Sherlock reveals himself as Harry?

And then there's the thing with the memory saved for Harry specifically. He needs to reveal himself before grabbing that one. Because I doubt that he will be playing with the pensive without any trained wizards nearby.

Now, I am also very curious about how this gradual unbinding will affect him. Will he then begin to remember stuff from before it happened? Will his pre-Sherlock memories and knowledge return? Will he remember his spellwork and defence abilities? I do hope he does.

Anyway, thanks for writing and sharing, I do appreciate it!

sfjoellen posted a comment on Sunday 2nd August 2015 9:30pm

it's brilliant. thanks for writing

Tenchifew posted a comment on Saturday 1st August 2015 7:55pm

Another fascinating chapter.

Thank you for writing.