Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

keichan2 posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd July 2015 1:11am

"as if she was seeing something else." Oh? I can’t help but wonder, here… ;-)

Hey! I just noticed! Hermione was talking about witches waiting for Harry instead of marrying… But did SHE marry?

OK! You answered my concerns about what Voldy had been doing! Though I will confess to wondering who other than Dumbledore killed him? Could it be Neville?

Anyway!

Thanks for the new chapter!

I hope to read more soon!

Ishtar replied:

Recall that when John was deducing Hermione, she wasn't wearing a wedding ring, and did not object to being called "Miss Granger". So no, she has never married.

Melferd posted a comment on Tuesday 21st July 2015 7:17pm

Just found this wicked awesome gem! I love this story Hard! Thank you

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Tuesday 21st July 2015 1:56pm

I really, really look forward to seeing what you do with this. Clearly you must have some kind of plan for how Harry/Sherlock can actually win, but I'm guessing it will take us a while to get there. Also, I'm picking up clues that somehow Sherlock's magic is still there, but locked away somehow? And there's some kind of obscuring charm on him that prevented Hermione from really thinking about the possibility of him being Harry... Could still be from those runes, I suppose. Or something else? I look forward to finding out.

It was also hilarious to hear Hermione describing Harry to Sherlock. Must have been a bizarre experience, even for him. The way you did it, though, one could see how most of the traits still fit Sherlock...

dmacx posted a comment on Sunday 19th July 2015 4:48pm

"Some Ron Weasley-bashing."

Enough for me to skip the chapter and drop the story. I hope you have good luck with the rest of it.

Ishtar replied:

For what it's worth, it's not gratuitous, it's necessary to the plot, and it's for something Ron actually did in HP canon. I'm not into Weasley-bashing for the sake of it. Sorry to see you go.

Tenchifew posted a comment on Sunday 19th July 2015 9:12am

Great chapter.

What the hell to do now, indeed.

Very good characterizations.

Thank you for writing.

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Saturday 18th July 2015 2:28pm

An exceedingly well written exposition on how the wizarding UK got to where it is.

Micky0077 posted a comment on Saturday 18th July 2015 8:30am

I have only been able to see the first season/series(?) of Sherlock so far, but I am truly enjoying this little romp. You are doing a fantastic job of narrateing this at a pace which is keeping me at the edge of my seat, but I do sometimes wish you weren't so good at dangleing a hint that something is about to be discovered just before pulling the rug out and revealing something different. I was sure Hermione was about to figure something out and then all of a sudden some spell-like effect occurs and we find out the Harry/Sherlock connection seems to have some sort of Notice-me-not/Fidelious on it that causes people to pass right over for something else. Now I have to wonder where the effect is coming from. Is it a hold-over from something Dumbledore did? Something Harry did before? An accidental magic type of thing caused by the accident? Maybe Harry wanted so badly to not be "the Harry Potter everyone is looking for" (wasn't he chanting "hide" during his escape? I forget the details and I don't wanna leave this page to go look), that he accidentally-on-purpose magic-ed himself unplottable or something. So many good threads to look at. I find myself wondering what will happen next with John and all the discussions that MUST come from this. And then there is the discussions I assume will be happening with Mycroft.

SO looking forward to next chapter... and a little frustrated because I know (deep in my heart) that we won't get many more answers in the next chapter... or at least not enough to answer ALL the questions I have so far, plus whatever new questions come up during that same chapter. Great job!!

Ishtar replied:

You've pretty much got it. (Though I'm not going to say which of your speculations is right because I'm evil that way.)

AlisonK posted a comment on Saturday 18th July 2015 4:08am

If you're not happy, you're not happy, but for what it's worth I enjoyed this chapter and didn't have a problem with all the discussion. You have info to get out and you did it well.

DrT posted a comment on Saturday 18th July 2015 3:13am

What now indeed? It seems Harry might have almost painted himself into a corner and hid under his cloak -- magic stops magicals from undercovering him, and since he himself is magical . . . . well, it will, as usual, be interesting and fun to see what happens next, but I bet I won't be the only reader to go back and reread the rune sets

Hopefully with your version of horcruxes, each time Volde's been killed it's cost him one to come back, or something similar. If Sherlock & Hermione have to hunt down up to six more, this could be a loooong story!

Ishtar replied:

Don't worry, I'm not going to rehash the Great Horcrux Hunt (I didn't like Deathly Hallows enough to make it worth rewriting it).   At most, there are two Horcruxes left, and one of them is Nagini.
 

keichan2 posted a comment on Wednesday 15th July 2015 11:04am

"Male is named Thomas, female is Granger" Yes… That’s what I thought! Wonder if she will recognize him… (or at least wonder where she saw him before…) Though I wonder, now: if Hermione is working for the government, then Voldy is NOT at its head! So the real question is: What prevented him from doing so?

"Sherlock, did you just ask her on a date?" Oh? Is it really just because of the "promise of something new and shiny" or is it as for Hedwig? I mean: I’m sure he spent more time around Hermione than Hedwig (she spent most of her time at school at the owlery…) so it stand to reason that the way they used to work along might surface and push him in that direction!

Thanks for the new chapter!

I hope to read more soon!

Charles M Liddle posted a comment on Saturday 11th July 2015 4:45pm

Doesn't say much about the competence (or lack thereof) of the Ministry;s so-called "investigation" if they didn't discover that Sherlock Holmes appeared when Harry Potter vanished. Unless of course elements of the Ministry (Dumbledore perhaps) did figure it out but elected not to disclose Sherlock/Harry's location for whatever reason. Eagerly awaiting Chapter 5...

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Saturday 11th July 2015 4:17am

A very entertaining (re)introduction of Sherlock to the magical world. I especially liked how well and in character you wrote Sherlock's analysis of Dean and Hermione.

Great writing.

Thank you.

Joe Fenton posted a comment on Friday 10th July 2015 10:15pm

Well, to be honest, the wizarding world hiding has NOTHING to do with witch hunts or persecution. With all the different methods of travel (apparition, portkeys, the flue system, enchanted brooms and vehicles), of hiding (disillusionment, muggle repellants, and even things like the fidelius), of coersion (confundus, obliviate, and up through the imperius), or even attack (numerous spells capable of fighting off muggles), it would be a sorry wizard (or maybe drunk) to be caught by muggles. More likely would be the family of a muggleborn, or possibly the rare muggleborn themselves, and we all know how little the wizarding world cares about them.

No, the real reason they hide was told to us flat out in the first book by none other than Hagrid, who has distilled that knowledge from long decades of overheard conversations from everyone from gutter trash in Knockturn all the way up to Albus Dumbledore himself:

HP: But what does a Ministry of Magic do ?

RH: Well, their main job is to keep it from muggles that there's still witches an' wizards up an' down the country.

HP: Why?

RH: Why ? Blimey, Harry, everyone'd be wantin' magic solutions to their problems. Nah, we're best left alone.

And there it is in black and white. Wizards are too damn lazy to help anyone beyond themselves. At the very worst, maybe some actually fear they might become like house elves to the muggles. They want to RULE mankind, not to serve it.

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Friday 10th July 2015 10:17am

Fascinating. The fact that Harry/Sherlock is, apparently, no longer magical, will be quite the confusing item. Except that there's some evidence to the contrary, isn't there? Like his ability to see through the various enchantments and (perhaps most notably) the resistance when he traced the runes. Very interesting... very puzzling.

I look forward to reading more!

DrT posted a comment on Friday 10th July 2015 3:52am

Excellent way to by-pass whatever info Mycroft may have for the moment (since Sherlock would prefer not to go that route, no doubt). I would hate to break it to Hermione, but her not keeping up with Muggle fashion enough to transfigure her outfit correctly shows she's thinking like a wizard as much as Dean.

Two Muggle-raised (if you go along with JKR's non-canon context that Dean's father was a wizard and Mr Thomas adopted him when he married Dean's mother) as aurors shows that Voldie couldn't have taken over at least. 'Using Harry' could mean lots of things -- their reactions to learning of Umbridge's card could be one of the most interesting things coming up! (or at least revealing). I wonder if Hermione knew Harry knew all those rune sets? (or if she wrote them out for him). Either way, I look forward to the next chapter.

mjc posted a comment on Thursday 9th July 2015 10:39pm

Hermione is still...Hermione.

And boy will she be pissed when Sherlock does the final reveal...

TheSandyToadfish posted a comment on Thursday 9th July 2015 6:45pm

This is a lot to of fun! Having spent ~6 years reading HP fanfic, I've found that a good crossover is far more interesting than a standalone HP story these days. And this is right up there.

Hope to see more updates soon.

josephus posted a comment on Thursday 9th July 2015 3:54pm

This story continues to be great fun. I must confess that I am disappointed in miss Granger, however. I would expect her, at least, to know that Helen Duncan, the last Briton imprisoned under the Witchcraft act, and Jane Yorke, the last convicted under it, were both found guilty of fraudelently pretending to be witches. It was not a witchcraft trial, it was a fraud trial, and I wouldn't expect miss Granger to buy into such easily disprovable propoganda...

Ishtar replied:

Ah. That would be incomplete research on my part.   I shall revise it.

jgkitarel posted a comment on Wednesday 8th July 2015 11:16pm

Huh, actually saw something like that coming, if not in that way.

keichan2 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th July 2015 3:29am

"He kept stealing my stuff, eating my food." I wonder… Did he say that just out to be mean, or did he really convince himself that it was the truth?

"Um, somewhere else" Oh? Did he really forget? I mean, the other things he let pass were no less incriminating for his parents… ("Taught him not to get better grades than me. Dad said it was all right, made the teachers stop complaining about it" comes to mind…)

"with Dursley’s stories getting both more outlandish and more incoherent" And obviously, he was spelled to keep quiet about magic, because I can’t imagine him not slipping a good few times!

"a certain amount of reconstructive surgery" I had been wondering why Sherlock didn’t react to the "ugly scar, kind of zigzag, on his forehead" comment… He simply either do not have it anymore, or it was altered enough to not have this characteristic shape anymore!

"As he said the last words, something sizzled down his spine and made his skin tingle" Oho! :-)

"Congratulations. Don’t get used to it." Bwahahahaha!

I had been wondering, since last chapter, what Mycroft knows… I get the feeling that Mycroft knows MUCH about magic!

Thanks for the new chapter!

I hope to read more soon!

Ishtar replied:

Yes, Dudley really does believe Harry stole his things and ate his food.   His parents said so often enough when he was a child, and he internalized it. However, he had been told not to tell anyone about the cupboard. As for getting incoherent and outlandish, remember who was threatening to use Confundus spells on the family in Chapter 1 ...

The curse scar was mixed in with a whole bunch of other injuries on the forehead and removed by plastic surgery early on. Sherlock doesn't even have a clear memory of what it looked like.