Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

CRose posted a comment on Thursday 26th June 2008 2:01am

My favorite story returns! Dumbledore just can't handle change can he? He is old though and does like to keep things normal when he's in control. I can't wait to see more!

Yay!

crazynuts16 posted a comment on Saturday 21st June 2008 3:47pm

please update...pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!..

Carol Layland posted a comment on Friday 20th June 2008 7:30am

This is the second time I have read this story. Please, pretty please add the next couple of chapters. Everytime I read it I laugh until the tears come. You are so good with this type of comedy.

matthew2c4u posted a comment on Friday 20th June 2008 4:03am

Ive heard of you from JBern and Disobedience writer, you didnt disappoint, worth my time defiantly :) cant wait for your next chapter

Elfwyn posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 2:07am

Sorry I meant "Fidelius" and wrote the chapter title instead.

Elfwyn posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 2:04am

Ah, welcome back to you and your muse! An amusing chapter like the rest. I enjoyed Remus telling Harry to use the soul fragment--something I don't think I've ever read. The elf war was funny and do you think they will drive Dumbledore to either drink or high blood pressure? Can't wait for the rest of this delightful tale. Speaking of which is your muse working on "Lady Fair"?

King Darius posted a comment on Tuesday 17th June 2008 11:01am

good story so far. i clicked on this more out of curiosity than anything else. i wasn't exactly sure an HP-Addams Family crossover would work, and im a FAN of crossovers, granted, they're usually BTVS crossovers, but still, their crossovers. i think you did a pretty good job doing it too. i hope you update this story soon.

kittykat91419 posted a comment on Tuesday 17th June 2008 12:21am

Wow, I just discovered this fic as a rec, not recalling where, but probably indirectly from Aspen in the Sunlight's AYLNO group. I love reading this and laughing over it. Your characterizations are wonderful! I'm growing more attached to the not-so-good versions of Dumbledore. I blame it fully on growing up, and learning to see the world more in greys. Anyways, keep up the wonderful work!

Banner posted a comment on Monday 16th June 2008 10:24pm

Gomez is a really good father.
I'd be sympathetic to AD, if I didn't pretty much despise him. I'm delighted that you updated. Thanks for lifting an unpleasant day.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Monday 16th June 2008 2:05am

Hi, What a wonderful story you have here. I enjoyed it very much. A very long time ago I was a total fan of the Addams family and the crossover is just perfect and fits in with HP extremely well. It had me laughing from first to last. Please continue with this version of Harry Potter and please let me know when you post again.

frankocsic posted a comment on Sunday 15th June 2008 4:04pm

very nice story here. adams family rocks! lol. this is the only crossover of this kind that i've read, and i was skeptical at first because the two is just so different. but you did a great job integrating the two worlds. everything works. and it's ironic to think that the adams is bringing hogwarts to the 20th century. very entertaining and enjoyable. very nice job! update soon!

darthloki posted a comment on Friday 13th June 2008 8:45pm

<i>"Next week we’ll see what grapeshot and chain can do to a body …"
"You most certainly will not!" Dumbledore barked. "There will be no shooting at people at this school!"
"I was going to use a pig, Headmaster."
"That’s good to know, but still …"
"Humans are too hard to come by."
</i>

*cackles with laughter*

Jinx15 posted a comment on Friday 13th June 2008 2:21pm

I'm so happy to see an update on this story. I only found it four months ago and totally fell in love with it.

Thank you so much for the update and sharing your vision of the HP world.

timmerator posted a comment on Friday 13th June 2008 11:05am

As I think back to when I first saw the old TV version of AF it meshes so well with the strangeness of JKR's little world. You have done quite a job of bringing the two worlds into orbit(collision) with each other. The only thing of note is that there really should be a whole lot more sexual inuendo and sporadic french as part of the Gomes tish interaction.
Good work, I have been entertained!
Thanks
Tim

Myene posted a comment on Thursday 12th June 2008 5:48pm

you're back! you're back!

Just as i was abotut o give up on the story, yea!

I love this crossover/au, and i love the way The Family is handeling Dumbledore.

One thing, in the snowfort part of the story, you wrote;"there was a "town-and-gown"" Is that a typo? If not, what does it mean?

Ishtar replied:

Sometimes when there's a large educational institution located in a city or town, they don't have the same interests and conflicts can develop between the institution, with its large but temporary population, and the town, with its permanent population.   The term "town and gown" refers to these conflicts, with "gown" representing the gowns or robes formerly worn by students and faculty all the time, now worn only at graduation.   The snowball fight was between students in the fort resembling Hogsmeade vs. students in the fort resembling Hogwarts.  

Anniejay posted a comment on Thursday 12th June 2008 8:43am

I love your story I watch out for it regularly thank you

goddessa39 posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 4:34pm

Glad to see ur back. Loved the humor. And the dumbles bashing and troubles. Yepo, I think they can pull it off. And what about the witch doctor... Omobo... or something like that?? He can probably to it.

... how about a mate for the whomping willow... or maybe some giant bug that wants to pollinate it.

Erik GL posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 12:52pm

Woohoo! I am happy to see you back! I laughed, no strike that. I cackled madly at several points during this chapter. I especially enjoyed the house elf war.

jessellen posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 10:28am

Oh golly, I'm in fan girl heaven! I'm so glad you updated, I was almsot giving up hope and then lo and behold! This is great chapter, I love how the Addamses are slwoly infiltrating Hogwarts, and poor deluded old Dumbles can no longer pull the strings.
Glad the muse is back, keep up the excellent chapters!

Cat Feral posted a comment on Wednesday 11th June 2008 7:41am

Okay, I will probably review this chapter several times, as I continue to read, and re-read. Here's #1.

I had to go look up what a clementine is. The things we can learn from fanfiction!

"Headmaster, if you’ve finished interrogating the pomegranate, may I put it out of its misery?" Morticia Addams’ cool, rich voice interrupted his ruminations.


Hee-hee! Morticia has such a way with words!

He paused to shoot a quick glance down at the Slytherin table while there was a round of applause and Lupin waved briefly at the students. The Potter boy was rapidly becoming influential among the students, and was important to Dumbledore in his own right, so it had become second-nature for the old wizard to check the boy’s reactions. He didn’t seem to be even paying attention to the announcements, in comparison to his cousins’ enthusiastic approval. This was odd.


Indeed!

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised that the adult Addamses didn't let their kids in on their plans to teach at Hogwarts. I must go back and re-read the last few chapters to see if there's any indication of why that I've overlooked...

Someone was mounting legal challenges to the seals on Death Eater trials from just after the end of the war with Voldemort, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to keep the records secure. There were any number of reasons why someone might want access to those files, and he couldn’t think of any good that would come from releasing them. He wasn’t sure yet who was behind it — the solicitors refused to say who their principal was, and there were precedents to protect the anonymous plaintiff.


Okay, unless you're giving us a huge red-herring here,
Gomez is obviously trying to find out about - and possibly even communicate with - Sirius Black. I do wonder what complications this will lead to, when Gomez gets Sirius out of prison and then Sirius expects Harry to come and live with him!

The heads of the house-elf clans were duly summoned and interrogated. It turned out that there had been a raging war going on between the Kitchen Elves and the Housekeeping Elves for a week, precipitated by the intrusion of the Kitchen Elves into the common rooms to provide fruit for the students. The Housekeeping Elves had retaliated with fancy linens at table, which led to even more elaborate snack plates, which led to origami napkins, and so forth. The Housekeeping Elves were planning to escalate to centerpieces next.


No! NO! Not... Centerpieces! Anything but that! (There's got to be a good punch-line in here somewhere, about "The Martha Stewart Book of Warfare" or something.

(gotta go. more review later.)