Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

pyrodaemon posted a comment on Tuesday 6th November 2007 12:10am

You updated!!! *jumps up and down*
I went back and re-read the story and one part that jumped out at me was the letter between Morticia and Petunia in Dumbledore vs. Addams Round 1, you have Morticia say that Gomez is thinking of getting a watchdog for the children. I think it’s funny — and maybe it was your intention — to have Remus Lupin became the children’s minder/tutor seeing as he’s a very large watchdog.

I think the balance of power between Dumbledore and the rest of the world just tipped dramatically in the last several months. Gomez had taken over the trust and the Board of Governors *and* the History position, his wife is the director of Parent-Teacher Association and is going to supplement the Herbology and Divinations, his mother potions, his brother science - when did they make that a synonym for 'blowing stuff up? - and he still has to solve the mess that now people have had the Curse of the Defense job pointed out to them in an official manner, which is why I don't think anyone has ever gotten a cure-breaker on it, or that's the only reason I can think of.

So we have to deal with the fallout of them finding out that Harry has a piece of Voldemort's soul inside him. Which will just make the children think of the ring they found in the - or not as being the case. They don't know yet that the Riddles had anything to do with the Gaunts or that the Gaunts were even the people who lived their. But the 'Harry being able to touch acid' thing should have probably stuck in their mind rather firmly.

What will happen in the next installment I wonder? It's going to be interesting - like the entire story has been - to say the least.

Oh and I haven't even told you how much I like the chapter -- if you couldn't guess based on the rather long review, uh? Well I really, really love the chapter! I particularly like the way the Addams got the best of Dumbledore and their wasn't a damn thing he could do about it without looking like a boorish old man and *that* wouldn't happen because he has to be the 'grandfather' type to put people off guard.

I love this story and can't wait for your next review - not that I'm pushing or anything like that. Take your time so the next chapter comes out as good as the rest.
Best wishes,
(encase the next chapter doesn't come out in time) Happy Holidays!

ThunderGod posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 11:31pm

great chapter, and yes I reread the entire story just for the flavor:]..bad thing is it seems your including bits from DH *shudder* I've read better fanfic...including this one:]...same with HBP...to me they don't exist...

ThunderGod

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 11:00pm

Very nice. Loved the beating Snape and Dumbles egos took. And the last bit -- very foreshadowy (is that a word?).

Glad to see more story! Hope to see even more.

Thanks for sharing it.

Tom A.

Marius DeJordan posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 10:46pm

The Addams rules. Yeah! Poor Dumbledore. Hehe.

Kat Armstrong posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 8:30pm

Happy days, NaNo is here again :o)

Love the chapter, the Addams' are just what Dumbles needs and Snape might actually be able to change into a real person now.

Happy dance

Paul Millsted posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 5:16pm

Awesome total win!!!!!!1

Thanks much for sharing, I was half way to witting this fic off its great to see an update.


Please continue....please.....pretty please.

Jarvey posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 2:54pm

Great little cliffy for us!

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 2:35pm

so very happy to see you posting more to this remarkable story. i totally loved the way that you dealt with Snape... go granmamma!

Dumbles has truly met his match with this remarkable family... so has Lucius, hee hee.

Hurry and post more soon as I continue to love reading it!

kagomefetish posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 2:01pm

I really like this fic it is as original as you can get. I especially like the bit from Macbeth.

sydneydallas posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 1:27pm

Yay!! Another chapter of this wonderfully entertaining and very well written story. I loved how the Addams managed to maneuver and manipulate everyone so slyly.....especially Morticia and her Parent's Association, heh, I almost pity Dumbledore. Looking forward to seeing the Addams take over Hogwarts.

Ramos posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 1:24pm

I'm so pleased to see another chapter of this story! I do adore watching Snape and Dumbledore getting various parts of their anatomy handed to them and told what to do with it!

Tom Mathews posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 12:55pm

The Great Supression or Great Purification?

Heh. I guess you find JKR's views of magic limited as well.

For example voodoo dolls seem to combine the most potent aspect of the Imperius and Cruciatuss curse and they don't have to be within line of site.

Then there is Coral Castle in Florida

Crystal balls CAN be used to get a glimse of the future, but they are more often used in stories to spy upon the present. ie. Rezo in Slayers used one to keep track of Lina Inverse

As to the rest of the story, more please.

The Addams are a force of nature that the English world has yet to see.

Jamie46 posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 12:45pm

Y-A-Y-A-Y-A-Y-A-Y-A-Y-A-YYYY!!! yay for update!! :) hehehehe. Awesome chapter. I love how we have so much of the adults in this one. :) Fantastic. The Parent-Teacher meeting was just hilarious. Yay for Gomez throwing money around and getting stuff done. :) hehehe. Does this hopefully mean that you're somewhat back, and maybe writing a bit more? :) Oh I do hope so. :-D Thanks for sharing!

delta16669 posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 11:16am

WHOOT!!!!!!! Im from Vermont. Nuff said.

Also, love where this is going.

Renzo7 posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 10:51am

Awesome! great plot twists and a very enjoyable read. Keep up the good work and please update soon.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 10:12am

"Well, we always knew that You Know Who had an ego. Now we know it was bigger than everyone else’s. Wonder what he was compensating for?"

*chuckle* This line rather puts me in mind of Clell65619's Dark Lord Prevention Technology over on Ficwad. Clearly, from that preamble, Tom was suffering from PMSP Syndrome as described in that story.

Kathy Oostra posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 9:10am

I like this story!

Patches posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 8:25am

This is an excellent chapter. It is really great that Snape has to answer for his bad treatment of his students. Especially to Wednesday's Grandmama! I knew that old lady was more than she appeared. And to find that Snape has 2 of her books in pride of place on his bookshelves is just great. She really knew how to push his buttons. I really like the fact that Gomez, Grandmama, Morticia and Remus are all going to be working at the school. It will be a lot harder for Snape and Dumbeldore to putll their shenanagings with all of those people in the castle. Thanks for writing this story. It is great. pms

fairyp80 posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 8:16am

As always I love your writing. This story just cracks me up! Hope you make your quota for NanWriMo!! Good luck, and I can't wait for the next chapter :)

TimK posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 7:42am

Thank you. I really enjoy this story, and always look forward so new chapters. I hope you have a great week and that the muse to write more strikes soon. ;)