Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Dahlias posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 10:13am

Once again I'm amazed with each chapter. I'm quiet enjoying this rare typ of fic, I love these quirks of Addam Harry...

minervakitty posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 8:13am

How did Snape hear Harry and Ron's talking? Does this mean that this idea has caught on with Mc Gonagall? I'm not surprised that Harry didn't burn Gomez, when asked too. I'm also amused that Mrs Granger would be able to take an x-ray of Gomez's head. Wouldn't something weird happen to the machine? I do hope that the Addams give Dumbledore more headaches.

Ishtar replied:

Harry and Ron were talking in the classroom in normal tones; because they were cleaning and not brewing, Snape wasn't enforcing silence; and Snape was sitting at his desk maybe eight feet away.   He could hear them quite easily.   Gomez is a Squib and not a Wizard, so he might not do anything to an X-ray machine, but I'm sure he's going to puzzle Mrs. Granger no end.

in-fanficauthors posted a comment on Friday 15th June 2007 1:09am

Great as always. I'm glad you got another two chapters out.

I'm not sure putting Harry's cigar butt (it's good for you! LOL) into the same unused place as the last remains of Quirrel was really the best idea. It ties Harry to the "crime".

Adjusting strategy based on hard statistics and facts? I'm sure ol' Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts has never seen the like. Those bastions of conservatism in Slythern may not be able to handle such thoughts.

I have been pondering back and forth whether it makes sense for the 'kids' to not inform their family (aside from Lupin) about their plans. On one hand, the Addams children are trusted to be able to handle important independent missions; on the other, if they honestly believe this could be a key to Voldemort's resurrection, it might be a good idea to bring the entire Addams family to bear on the problem. I'll be interested in seeing where you go with this.

Please continue!

JF posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 9:12am

I love it, update soon

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 7:36am

Awesome chapter!!!! I have to agree with Harry's assesment of how the Slytherins play when it comes to Quidditch. I love how everybody underestimates his broom because its an american model of broom, I bet ya anything that his Silver Streak could do circles around the Nimbus 2000 and any other brooms out there too. I get this feeling that Dumbledore is definitely under estimating the power of HSW&WPTA(Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy Parent Teacher Association) and what they can do if he doesn't meet the requirements they set. Exactly what is Remus teaching again I forgot? Do keep up the awesome work and update soon please:):):):)

Angel posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 1:03am

wow that was awsome i love it . please update soon i would love to read more .. later for now

angel

Cynthia1850 posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 12:03am

This is excellent so far. Greast Quidditch match, Harry's comment at the end especially. The Addams' are a wonderful match for Harry. He really could have used their help in the real story. Thanks for writing this and I look forward to more.

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 9:36pm

Ah! Just what I needed to start the day, a chapter from one of my favorite stories! I loved the PTA weekend and Prof. McGonnagal`s enthusiasim about everything..... I wonder if the Addams` could get rid of Dumbledore and help her take the job? And the Grangers were priceless.....it looks like the families will get along fairly well. It also looks as if the Addams\Potter\Lonbottom allince is moving along as well. The cut direct behavior of the Malfoys was funny, especially when the Grangers just thanked them for moving. (chuckle) I enjoyed reading the part where the kids explaned about Quirrell, and Gomez`s lines were great! I could hear just how it sounded! The game was also great, and we`ll see if Harry does change the team for the better! Thanks\ again for the chapter!

Sphinxey posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 5:00pm

Love it.

Fate posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 3:23pm

Brilliant!
I love this story!!

Ian Drimes posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 12:54pm

I love this fic. Keep up the good work!

Fate posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 12:10pm

Excellent!
Loved the chapter!!

Highschool Nerd posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 8:13am

Wonderful! Update soon! :)

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 7:50am

Great chapter! Can't wait for the next one. Keep up the good work.

wesley2 posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 7:41am

Great, I really love this story, and I’m glad you are posting again. Harry Potter/Addams Family is really a great crossover, and you have written it well.

I can hardly wait for the next chapter. I would also like to know, when Junior Year Abroad will be updated?

rodrigo2 posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 5:13am

LOVING IT! SIMPLY LOVING IT. KEEP WRITING THIS GREAT FIC. HOPE YOU UPDATE SOON.

Alorkin posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 4:46am

A funny interlude. "Hello! Welcome to parent's night. Oh,By the way, could you tell me how to dispose of a dead professor?"

I hadn't thought of the scoring like that. Harry's right. if the penalty shots didn't exist, the game would have been more decisive.

As always, I greedily await more. Alorkin

Katrina Carter posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 4:44am

Very nice!!!! I like the way you got Harry to explain things to Flint.... I wonder if they'll get the message in time before the next match....

Cheers and good job!

amulder posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 4:07am

Brilliant. Brilliant analysis of the Slytherin Quidditch strategy. Quickest way to get them to play fair, and most original thing I've seen in that area in all of Fandom.

Loved Madame Hooch also. You think nothing at all is going to happen, and then at the end of the class she reveals the fact that Yes, she DID expect you to be doing something!

I've sent links to a few of my non-HP-ff reading friends and they were very impressed by this. Thought you'd like to know, just to help counter that rude comment a few reviews back.

Best,
...art

Ishtar replied:

So far the score is "good workt" 50, "rude comment" 1, so I'm going to ignore it.   If I let that sort of comment bother me, the story would come to a screeching halt.   I can't please everybody, and primarily I write to please myself.   Don't know what sort of story the rude commenter is looking for, but I probably wouldn't like it.  

Thanks for recommending the story; I hope your friends continue to enjoy it.

ingenious paradox posted a comment on Wednesday 13th June 2007 4:00am

just a quibble - but do you have any idea *why* Ron etc went off after the troll? In the original, all three were off obediently to the tower till Hermione was mentioned. Can't help thinking that it seems a bit weak, unless you're going to have Ron explain it later.