Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Cat Feral posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 1:16pm

"Well, with six different kinds of weres in the United States, we need specialists. And reserves so they can’t hurt anyone."

Six different kinds of weres??? I trust we're going to learn more about that, eventually!

Grumbling at the idea of any more parental involvement at the school than there already was, Dumbledore continued perusing the list. "Immediate notification of parents and/or guardians in the case of emergencies involving any of the three children, or any incident involving medical care, permission to visit the school when children are in the infirmary …

This brings up an interesting point. Many people are of the opinion that the parents of the petrified kids in CoS were never notified of the kids' condition, since none of them came rushing to Hogwarts to see their children and none of them refused to let them come back to such an obviously dangerous place. If this is true, then it's high time someone like the Addamses forced a few changes!

Cat Feral posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 12:50pm

Okay, I'm back and re-reading yet again! Trying to review some of the chapters I'd missed, before.

She caught her breath with the first cards revealed. The cards reflecting the present were dark. The Lightning Struck Tower. The Magus, reversed. The Five of Swords. The Ten of Swords.

I'm guessing the Lighting Struck Tower is the temporary vanquishing of Voldemort, right? The Magus Reversed... either Voldie in his new, disempowered state, or Harry who's got lots of magic potential but is still just a baby? Or all three children, who all have lots of magical potential, but are all, of course, just babies? Or, will Petunia eventually discover the magic within herself? Or.... ?

In the future, The Hierophant crossed The Emperor, covered by the Seven of Cups. The Two of Swords. Death. But the future was not entirely bleak. The Page of Cups was supported by the Ace of Wands, flanked by the Two of Cups and the Ten of Cups.

Well, you've told us that Dumbledore is the Hierophant. My first thought was that the Page of Cups represented Harry, the Ace of Wands, Wednesday and the Two and Ten of Cups were, of course, Pugsley and Hermione. But perhaps they aren't meant to be quite so concrete in their representation. (The Page of Swords sounds more like Harry, if I had to choose.)

When Petunia stepped out, the child looked up at her with clear green eyes, and held his hands up trustingly, obviously hoping to be picked up.

It says a lot for Harry's early upbringing that he's so trusting of a total stranger. (especially since he had a seriously traumatic experience only a few hours before this!)

Since I fell in love with your story, I've tried to catch any re-runs of the old "Addams Family" TV show that I can and I also rented all three "Addams Family" movies. In all cases, I've been slightly disappointed. You give the characters so much more depth that the TV show or the movies ever did!

(Hee-hee! I've had a thought: When the kids meet that Basilisk, in their second year, will they keep it as a lovely new pet?)

davidrb posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 8:09am

I've enjoyed this story - Hope you plan to continue with it

PerfesserN posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 5:56am

Have I mentioned before that I love the juxtaposition of the wonderfully quirky Aadams family and the Harry Potter characters? Sure would be nice to see an update. . .
I'm anxious to see how the Aadams influence will figure into the Chamber of Secrets. Will Ginny still be the one who gets the diary or perhaps Wednesday? Harry has already demonstrated a good anti-possession spell. And Pugsly can make things go boom!

xalphardx posted a comment on Thursday 30th August 2007 10:31pm

This story is fun, when will you be updating again?

Highbrass posted a comment on Tuesday 28th August 2007 4:47am

Great story. I noticed it's been a while sinc any updates have but added. Hope more will show up soon.

OpheliaBrandon posted a comment on Sunday 26th August 2007 8:25am

I love this story. I love the characters. I love your descriptive and colorful writing style. I just... There are so many nice things I could say about this story... There is not enough time in the day. The only bad thing I could possibly say is that you need to update more often, but that is no big deal either. I can't wait for your next update!

nickielh posted a comment on Monday 20th August 2007 9:32pm

Really, really love this story! Hope to read more of it soon and that you don't quit writting it.

Nickie

Tyler Koenig posted a comment on Thursday 16th August 2007 2:12pm

This is really an excellent story. I hope that you continue it soon.

belladonnacordial posted a comment on Monday 13th August 2007 1:49pm

I just created an account to say nothing more than that I love this story! I just re-read it yet again and am looking forward to more.

Toreen Salberg posted a comment on Saturday 11th August 2007 10:17pm

It's all your fault! Now you have to write more!

Cat Feral posted a comment on Friday 10th August 2007 11:23pm

He quite forgot to take Harry and Wednesday’s wands with him.

"Hocus pocus," Morticia whispered as he left.


Hee-hee!

"Right. Voldemort probably knows that, too. So if he does ever come back, he’ll come after Harry. And since we don’t want him to come here …."

Harry shivered, thinking of his dream of the House burning down. No, he certainly didn’t want Voldemort to come here!

"…we’ll have to go there."

"We? Not just me?"

Aunt Morticia reached forward and ruffled Harry’s already messy hair. "We. We’re Family, Harry. You know what that means. Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatus nunc."

"‘We gladly feast on those who would subdue us’," replied Harry. A smile came to his face slowly. "Voldemort doesn’t stand a chance."


Amen!

Cat Feral posted a comment on Friday 10th August 2007 11:19pm

Here I am, reviewing this chapter a third time: It took me yet another read-through to catch the part about

Mrs Dursley introduced Mrs Figg to Dudley, warning that he was a bit strong-willed, and if he got into a tantrum, Mrs. Figg should just put him in his crib and let him cry it out.


So Petunia has taken some of what Morticia said to heart! Something tells me that if Dudley ever re-surfaces in this story, he's going to be the New, Improved version! Well done!

Gomez is thinking about buying a large dog to keep watch over them. Between you and me, it had best be a very large dog. Yours, Morticia."


*sporfle!* Well, they got their large dog, didn't they?! Well... large wolf, anyway.

Felix posted a comment on Friday 10th August 2007 10:51am

MORE, GODDAMNIT! :-D

ysabet posted a comment on Friday 10th August 2007 3:59am

EXCELLENT fic. This was recc'd to me by my friend Icka and I'm now eagerly sporking my way through. Mmmmm, just like chocolate, it gets better with every bite! ^__^ Inspired crossover idea; and I have to admit, it's nice to see someone challenge the idea of Almighty-Hogwarts-The-Be-All-And-End-All-Of-Wizarding-Schools-- man, but that place needed modernizing. Anyway, damn good writing; back to reading for me now.

D14852001neko posted a comment on Thursday 9th August 2007 3:43am

Quite good this story has been! I am more than entertained reading it, hilarious in some parts, and the mix of both stories (Adams and Harry Potter) is quite good!

But I do wonder why Harry gives lee-way to Snape when he's clearly abusing his power, or why Thing was forgotten after the incident at Potions Lab...

Hope to read more from you, if possible, do mail me when you update it!

Congratulations!

that1 posted a comment on Saturday 4th August 2007 2:54pm

Great story so far, keep up the good work.

Just for grins and giggles you can now report that your stories are read round the world. Right now I am at an elevation of 7820 feet located in the low mountains of Chakhcharan, Afghanistan.

This form does not allow atachments, if it did I would show you what the middle of nowhere looks like.

Once more, good job. Keep it up! :)

Kristy posted a comment on Thursday 2nd August 2007 2:07pm

I absolutly LOVE this story. You must continue it.

renatria posted a comment on Thursday 2nd August 2007 10:06am

oh, I've just groaned when I realized that I hit the last chapter. I'm really enjoying this, and look forward to more

beth posted a comment on Monday 30th July 2007 6:10pm

I have no words to tell you how truly cool this story is. please update again soon.