Content Harry Potter Sherlock

Reviews

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 2:30am

Liked it? Loved it. I love how you went down a non-standard path. With Quirrell taken care of so soon, this will force, or allow, you to have more original content. You have a difficult task set out before you.

Thank you for writing and sharing. Good luck.

Mike (MoA)

Quizer posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 2:20am

Damn, they have big brass ones, hiding the body (or what is left of it) like that! This is a great chapter!

I really love how they confronted Quirrell already this early in the year. This is going to be VERY interesting...

The fight scene itself was great, too. Quirrell and Voldemort were noticably more serious because Harry and his friends were a greater threat, but their determination and the element of surprise carried them to victory. A very enjoyable confrontation to read!

Also liked the conversation with Ron, and his revised version of Wingardium Leviosa. The one thing Ron wants above all is to be acknowledged. Harry gained a lot of influence with him in this scene.

I'm looking forward to when they find Quirrell's body, and when someone penetrates the trap door again. If that alarm gets broken, something is probably rotten in the state of Denmark...


Great stuff, this chapter. Keep up the good work!


Quizer

Goddessa posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 2:19am

Hmm... Well, as long as ur not ignoring it, I can give you plenty of leeway. I'm no one who should be btohering to scold for lateness. SOme of my own have not been updated in... *gulp*... years. *sigh* I'm so ashamed. I think stuff up fine, but I get pushed elsewhere and then I have writers block about it. I jsut can't make myself write more...

gadriam posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 2:16am

*Smooch!*

I love this fic. It's just too great for words. I still got some though..
A Harry who's thinking, getting help, getting bad, getting even and getting away with it. What a novel concept. Your updates brightens my days.

g

Guy posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 2:12am

It's great to see an update with with a short but good chapter. I hope the next one will come a bit sooner then the last one. I'll be looking forward to what comes next!

Terry Swain posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 2:09am

Great chapter. :)

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 1:39am

Update update update yay update!

*calms self*

*reads chapter*

This is Halloween and Voldemort's been driven out already? Well.

I like the Star Wars quotes and Harry's confusing floor numbers, though I have to wonder how he's been finding his way to classes all this time if he thinks they're the floor below where everyone else thinks they are.

Is the Marauders' hand code hijacked from whydoyouneedtoknow, perchance?

I can't see why anyone would think Harry et al had anything to do with Quirrell's disappearance, because as far as anyone knows, they were just taking advantage of the chaos to explore without the possibility of anyone catching them. But that last sentence is ominous nonetheless.

Ishtar replied:

Re: floors -  Everybody spends the first week of classes getting lost.   It's a time-honored tradition.  Harry followed other people,  figured out landmarks and has been following them ever since.   He didn't figure out that people count floors differently because - of course - he's a guy and never asked directions!

I probably lifted it unconsciously, but I think I've seen it in a couple of fics other than hers.   But I'll go back and stick in a credit.   The Addams Code is more complex, since it's drawn from several different sources.

patsh posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 1:35am

This continues to be one of my favorite stories, and the best crossover that I have ever read. Thank you.

forbin posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 1:34am

By coincidence, I was re-reading this wonderful story yesterday. Imagine my surprise and delight when I found a new chapter posted! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

t_gebhardt posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 1:27am

Finally an update. Will Dumbledore find out why he is short one defense teacher and who did it?

Marius DeJordan posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 1:02am

Addams and Harry Potter? Odd Idea. But i really love it and enjoy every single Chapter. Can't wait for the next.

Greetings from Germany...

Cornelius

Katrina posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 12:52am

Great job hon! I became a member just so I could sign a review.

best of luck with this fic, and I hope that I can read more of it soon.... also, can I see Harry writing to Lucius about his son's attack on his bethrot?

csktech posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 12:44am

to quote a very old song.. MORE MORE MORE.... I like it just find. this is the one that I have checked every day praying it would be updated. SO far, this is the only Slythern Harry story that I've liked. While I like the long parts, shorter parts more often will feed the addiction better. Keep going Please.

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 12:22am

Nice chapter, interesting that the confrontation with Quirell got sped up, but it made sense. I'm curious to see what happens next though.

David Thacker posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 12:20am

Love what you said about the Slytherin common(spelling?) room and I wounder why no one has used that before.

Sean Dillon posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 12:10am

Chapters will be whatever size they need to be. Don't force them. That said --

Thanks for updating. I was pleasantly surprised to see your name moved to the front of the updated queue. Interesting bit of byplay on the counting of the floors.

sean

DrT posted a comment on Saturday 9th June 2007 11:55pm

So much for year one Voldemort. Very nicely done. I guess the rest of the year will be repercussions? I mean, Dumbledore should be able to figure out what happened, even if he doesn't reveal it, and Morticia should certainly get the story out of them.

I feel sorry for Riddle if Lucius plants the diary on Wednesday

"T"

AutumnHeart posted a comment on Saturday 9th June 2007 11:47pm

I'm glad you seem to be continuing this, as I have been enjoying it very much!

Finbar posted a comment on Saturday 9th June 2007 11:41pm

Ooooo... Voldemort is gone by Halloween. So, will we have the Diary and Basilisk after Christmas? Will the Addams have new Wards put up over their English property? Big, Nasty, Powerful ones, by Gringotts! Ones that cause invaders brains to leak out their ears while their toes explode? (possibly due to the lightning bolts hitting them)
I also like how Harry is politiking with the Slytherins, very Gomez, wining allies all over the place!
Yay for panicked hermione!
More swashbuckling Harry please?

Ishtar replied:

*checks watch*   That took a hot ten minutes.   A new record, I think.

Exploding toes?   *makes notes*

The diary and basilisk episode requires someone else to get it started, so we have to wait for Malfoy Sr. to make a move.   Fear not, there will be other things happening in the meantime!

vertru posted a comment on Saturday 9th June 2007 8:17am

Dorothy, I am still very impressed with this story, well except for the lack of updates (and yes I know that makes me a hypocrite -sue me). Your leaving a cliffhanger like this one reminds me of a guy I know who has left one hanging for a year now... er, not to mention any names or anything. Anyway, I really really like this story and how well you are developing the characters. Harry's line of working out the pecking order was classic. Having Remus teach history is a stroke of genius I may have to steal for a story I'm working on sporadically. keep up the good work, and I'll keep drooling for another chapter. *grin*

Vern